View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 1:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourLoko View Post
I had my PC watercooled for a while just for fun and cool factor. Problem is you still need fans for the radiator so there's still noise. Even did the video card.
That depends on your radiator and fan setup. If you have the space, a bigger radiator with a push/pull configuration of fans(meaning on the front and back of the radiator) and you can get away with a much lower RPM. Of course the amount of heat you're dumping into the loop is also going to determine how the radiators you're going to need to be able to keep the fan RPM low enough.

Of course there's also a difference in switching to watercooling for dealing with heat output of overclocking, and switching for silence. That being said, my own setup was simply to keep things quiet with only a mild OC involved.

For the people claiming watercooling isn't safe... sure if you do it wrong it can be disastrous. If you take the time to learn how to install and test things, it's far less problematic than say... maintaining a peltier cooled setup at near freezing temperatures(now that was something that actually caused a horrific problem... never thought CPU pins could oxidize and become stuck in the socket like that).