View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 8:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Originally Posted by bishop2queen's6 View Post
Went to buy gas at Shell, swiped my card, didn't read. Tried twice more, didn't read. So I went across the street to Chevron, worked right away.

Within an hour, I saw 3 T&E holds holds on my account, a fuel purchase for $69.48 and a grocery store purchase for $48 all in HUNGARY.

I called Citi bank. Froze my account, canceled my debt card. I'll get a new debt card in 10 business days, and I'll have to file a charge dispute for the amount taken from my account.

I really didn't need all this hassle right now... I can pull cash from a branch store. I'm thinking of pulling all but $100 from each of my accounts at Citi, and putting them into my other accounts at different banks so at least I'll have money to spend instead of waiting with my hands tied.

All and all, I think it will take about 1 month before I'll see disputed charges reimbursed.
I've had this happen a few times with my wifes card. Citibank is actually really good about this, in our experience. Money is back in 24 hours and you just make a claim over the phone. They will leave your old card active but no longer tied to your account. If someone tries to use it again they go after them. I thought it was going to be a hassle and it really wasn't at all. The last time they actually called us and caught something and put the money back instantly and sent a new card. The only hassle was not having an ATM card for a few days.