View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 7:14 PM

I just got back from Ares. What a great experience. I arrived at the location at 9:45 am, before they opened at 11:00 am, and I was first in line. Had a great time visiting with the others in line, the guy behind me was a calgunner, too. When they opened, there were 10-15 people waiting. The machinist said that since they are now doing cnc's 7 days a week, the crowds haven't been too bad. He said the most he had done in one day was 125 lowers. The machine was fast, maybe 6 minutes or so. He did a great job de-burring my completed build lowers. $65, which I thought was very fair, since some places are starting to gouge and charge $100-$105 per lower. I was doing two, so it made a difference. The machinist recognized mine as a Rohg lower when he was doing measurements at the end to confirm it was all correct, and the Rohg lower is a tiny bit thinner on some dimension.

Many thanks to Rogh, for producing the 80% and supplying them to us during this difficult time, and to Ares for doing a great job showing me how to CNC them out for the complete build. Now I just have to wait for a few more parts to come in over the next day or two, and then I can start a new thread showing the complete build...

Last edited by doug5551; 01-09-2013 at 7:54 PM..