View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 9:44 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchanim View Post
Ha actually I designed it. I was messing around with ideas, and the group liked it. Yes I get the whole gun thing... Then again I am not trying to cater to folks who would be afraid of that type of symbol anyways. This isn't about attracting Hopolops it is about attracting people of the gun. As far as CCW it is like I said, if it is legal and you have a permit fine, you are CCW so I won't even know it is there right???
The empty holster thing.. That is a non aggressive symbol of disarmament. People in other states can carry, but why can't we? We aren't waving rifles in the air, or anything crazy. It is a legal and personal choice.
We are attempting to get more guest speakers. We want to put intelligent thought into this rally. This isn't going to be a bunch of sound byte slogans being shouted for four hours. I emailed CalGuns to see if any of them may wish to speak. Yes I know it is a Saturday, but any news coverage is news coverage. It is a start and I personally want the message to be delivered properly to the people. Not just us, but to California citizens in general.

@ Gene, yes I know you can shoot yourself in the foot.
I have concluded the following;

1) You are so focused on your goals, you will not listen objectively to sound advice. (Not only from the Chairman of the Calguns Foundation, but from one of the 'open carry' people that sees and shares his reasoning.)
2) You are so enamoured with your plan, you do not recognize the faults of how it is being marketed to the general public or the gaps between your abilities and the necessary elements of making something like this a sucess.

There is nothing that we can do or say to convince you otherwise. All we can do is observe. And when it is done, and the sound bites and gun owner stereotypes are pumped out there in the media, our analysis will be precisely the same and nothing will have been gained aside from a social interest blurb in the newspaper mocking gunowners.

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche