Thread: Springfield XDS
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 12:03 AM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by rat110984 View Post
its a good off duty carry piece. shoots remarkably well for a small framed polymer pistol, even in 45. nice smooth trigger. very controllable. very positive grip serrations. i carried one before i got my m&p shield. i personally prefer the shield: 7+1 9mm is better than 5+1 45cal in my book.
Isn't the 7+1 only if you get the optional mag extender since the S&W site says capacity is 7 and 8 in 9mm. Does getting the mag extender or whatever you want to call it, make it less concealable.

I ask, because I intended to buy the Shield after doing some research on it and then my American Rifleman mag arrived and the SA XD-s is on the front cover. There is a detailed story inside on it. So, now I am not sure which one. I know whichever one I buy, I would like to put TruGlo TFO sights on it. I have had them on my XDSC 9mm for over 8yrs. and they look as bright as when I bought them. Fiber Optic during the day and Tritium at night sure work for my old eyes.

I do know that even tho I like my XD and have carried it for over 8yrs. as my ccw since retiring from le, I don't like the bulkiness of the grip. Since I carry an extra mag, I am willing to sacrifice the 21 rounds for better concealability and comfort. I will also carry an extra mag with whatever smaller single stack I buy.