View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 2:59 PM

All viable reasons in my opinion. Stay ready, you don't have to get ready right?
I think here in Cali earthquakes are the biggest threat right now (there are others of course like dirty bombs, etc..) and I have had experience and training in response to these events. The problems that will arise with a major quake is ruptured gas lines and water lines. This means lots of fires and no water for the responders to work with if they could even get to your location with all the roads and freeways torn up. I know at some of the training I went through, the heads of the fire departments talked about using air support to fight the fires in the urban cities due to the above problems. Some people were isolated for weeks after the Northridge quake and the only way we got into help them was via Chinooks from one of the marine bases. I think lots of other problems will happen also such as looting, bands of roaming thugs, etc...it will be absolute chaos for awhile in some areas and may be days, weeks or longer before help arrives. Preppin is the only way to survive and hopefully keep your family safe and well also. I am working on mine little by little as time goes by depending on money of course but I am pretty well prepared just want to have all areas covered. Lots of good info on this site and appreciate all the input everyone contributes.

Last edited by lavey29; 01-07-2013 at 3:02 PM..