View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 3:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Picked up my MVP today. Wouldn't you know it, the only 1" Weaver rings I had in my junkbox were a set of see-throughs. Thought I had a pair of low Weaver rings, and I did... in 30MM. I hate it when that happens!

Mounted the scope anyway since I should be able to get to the range on Friday and don't know if I'll be able to get a new pair of rings before that. It makes for something more like a "jaw weld", but will do for the moment. The scope is a Simmons 8-Point 3-9X40 out of my optics box (yes, I really do have a lot of excess optics, rings and so forth in boxes!). If the rifle lives up to expectations, I'll treat it to a better quality Nikon scope along with the rings.

20-round Pmags fit and lock into place, although requiring a firm tap on the floorplate to do so. Dummy rounds feed fine, guess we'll see if they function correctly in a couple of days. Aluminum mags fit effortlessly, giving me a wide range of choices to feed this rifle.

The bipod is the inexpensive Blackhawk! offering from Wal-Mart. It went on pretty easy, once I got out the magnifying glasses to read the instructions.

I will post a range report once I've had a chance to wring it out. In the meantime, a photo:

Last edited by Grumpyoldretiredcop; 01-11-2013 at 4:55 PM..