View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 8:56 AM
Default San Bernardino County - Restrictions printed on license?

I heard that in some of our surrounding counties (Orange) they list restrictions on your license - ie, if you say it's for transporting expensive materials for business, they list hours in which you are allowed to carry from 7am to 6pm.

I transport expensive equipment for business and have had my company vehicle broken into, but I make many overnight trips to remote locations. I am also a solo backpacker and there have been instances of backpackers murdered by intoxicated indiduals at a campsite in our Mountains. Would they put any restrictions on business hours for somebody like me?

I am also a sworn volunteer forces member for the SB Sheriff's Office - NOT a POST Certified Deputy - but an on call volunteer with mountain rescue (background check and interview required, but not the same as for a deputy). Should I list that on my application?? I'm brand new to the SAR teams, so not sure if that's a good idea or not. San Bernardino SAR teams do not carry firearms when on a rescue mission, but I would be seen in public with a uniform and bad guys wouldn't discriminate, my shoulder patch still says San Bernardino County Sheriff.

Last edited by bscruz; 01-07-2013 at 9:00 AM..