So, is this a proposed bill or an actually passed into law bill.
I refuse to get excited about proposed laws, other than to write and pester my legislator. It's just political fodder to argue about and get political publicity.
Proposing a bill does not make it law, and gun laws will always be opposed by the political right.
Actual bills passed into law are another story entirely.
And does anyone imagine that if you have a handgun on record, the gummint won't go looking for long-guns too? I would.
WHAT I HAVE LEARNED SO FAR, MOSTLY THE HARD WAY
• Do only safe sex. Never have sex with someone crazier than you are.
• Don't marry or move in together before you're both at least 25.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.