View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 12:33 PM

In March I got a "delay delivery" tag to my FFL on an AR lower DROS. It was for a feloney VC arrest in 1971, resolved as a misdemeanor. I attempted to retrieve the records as the DOJ requested but to no avail, as the court purges misdemeanors prior to 1975. I wrote to the DOJ and spelled out what I tried to do and what I was told by the records department. To my surprise a DOJ agent called me (in September) and said it was straightened out, and email sent to the FFL approving the DROS, and in the future I would not have any issues. I went right out and bought a Century SKS to see if there would be a hang up. None (nice Sinobainian too). They made it good and fixed the errors.
FYI $1200 bucks was a lot of ducats in '71 to fix my bad teen age (19)judgement. Thanks Dad. PAX

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington), but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. Sent from behind the KaliKurtain echo1