View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Girl, Interrupted
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgunner739 View Post
First of all you said poll, not thread. As in I can comment in the thread but not vote in the poll.

Granted, however, you knew what the intent was and that this was a womens only thread. In fact, this is a Ladies Only forum. You should read the rules to understand that this is a place for us to discuss issues without men. As you know, men are the predominant members of Calguns. If we did not need a place for women to discuss issues without the influence of testosterone, then we would simply post in the other forums.

The rules of this forum is that it is for the Ladies. Please respect that.

You referenced the study done in Israel, so that means I don't have to find it and link it. Nope. I am crystal clear on the study.

A female added to my squad would become a liability. Currently, standards are not the same for both men and women. Doesn't matter what the standards are, change them. If a woman cannot meet the standard of your squad, then they should not be accepted. I agree that a woman would typically not be suited for being a SEAL because of the strength and mental focus needed. I am not arguing any of that.

If you individually, don't behave like a little sister which makes me subconsciously want to protect you, you can literally carry your own weight and gear, perform to the same level in combat, and be able to be one of the guys and not get emotional and offended when the front line infantry are just trying to make a joke or two, then sure you can fight too. And that is what I am talking about. I climb in the Sierras and carry 50-70 lb packs when need. Yes I can hump a pack 25 miles, been there, done that.

You are entitled to your opinion; so am I; along with every man that is in the infantry on the front lines. And I respect that as well.

I take it you have not seen the documentary The Invisible War? Watch that, think on it, then you are entitled to make an educated comment.
I will probably watch it.

But after re-reading my response, my stance really boils down to this: I practice jiu-jitsu. I have a Black Belt in TKD. I competed against men in the Florida State TKD Championships. Gave one guy a black eye with the heel of my foot. In this very large category of skilled practitioners, if you take two average guys with the same amount of technique and experience, it will be a very even match. If you match an average man and an average woman with the same skill and experience, the man will dominate the woman. Most likely. However, in war there is no match up. The weak die, the strong prevail. My grandfather fought on Okinawa, he weighed in at 120 lbs. I believe size does matter, but in a conflict, you do not get to choose.

I would want the best person suited for the job to cover my six. Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure if there was a woman that met your criteria, then she would cover your six 100%

On a more personal question, but still respectful: Have you ever fought in a war, as in shot at someone? I have not. Neither have I, nor have inductees in the military. Have you been in a physical confrontation with a person of stature similar to that of a soldier in the frontline infantry? I have not, but very very close in size and capability. No. Every person has a weakness. Have you ever been in a physical conflict with another human that involved the threat of very real physical consequences? I have. Yes, his back almost got broke. 6 conflicts in my life involved fighting. I prefer not to give the details. 4 men, 3 women.Have you ever been in a physical fight with another person, where the penalty for losing is being blacked out by being choked out? I have. Yes, once. I choked him out in the middle of the street. I was 18. Have you ever been haymackered in a scenario and then had to defend yourself? I have. Don't know what haymackered is.

I know this is the Ladies section. And I know that it is important to make the female populace of the firearms community not feel discriminated. I'm not angry or being disrespectful. It's that the question asked in this thread has consequences that affect way more than just the women posting about it. If it became standard practice to have women on the front lines, far more men would die as a direct consequence than the women newly put in. To me, that sounds like it would affect more men than women, and therefore would be very relevant and prudent for the men to have a say in.
Therefore, women are not a force multiplier in your opinion.
My comments are as noted.
I respect your opinions.
Keep in mind, that some women are just as capable as men.
The average woman, I concede not.
However, when faced with the having my freedom taken from me, then one should beware.

My final statement:

We are currently in a "Soft Tyranny".
When that soft tyranny becomes a hard tyranny, which would you rather have: Women that will stand with you, or women that will stand on the hill and watch you?
I will stand with you and nobody has the right to say I cannot fight for my or your freedom.