View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 5:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER295 View Post
You sound like you are in a similar situation as me except I am not in an actual town. I live between Farmington and Escalon. A little more than a year ago, I had some deputies out because of some vandalism and trespassing issues. The deputy asked me if I had guns. I asked him why he wanted to know. He said that it could take them 30 minutes or more to get out here and that I should be prepared to take care of myself and my family and that if I didnít have any arms, I should consider getting one.

You talk about taking walks in the country, that is one of the things I put in my good cause statement. Specifically I talked about a neighbor that was attacked by a dog when walking. The sheriff wanted specific names and dates which I couldnít give him. I am a volunteer firefighter out here and we have at least one call for a dog attack while someone was walking since I was turned down for my CCW.
I am on the outskirts of Escalon as you get closer to Riverbank. It's pretty rural for sure. When I go for walks I carry my knife and quality pepper spray. One on one I have no problems, but if there are multiple dogs / perps or a firearm in the hands of a criminal I would be toast. I enjoy my walks and I don't believe I should have to be relatively disarmed to take them.

As for owning a firearm to defend yourself, yeah it's a must, the police coverage out here is basically nonexistent.