View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
If you don't live in the city, you can't apply there.
This is what I do not understand, I purchased my home here in Escalon 13 years ago. I have lived in the same home, paid taxes, supported the schools and community, yet I do not get to use the services of the Escalon PD?

There is ONE sheriff on patrol for the rural San Joaquin county area that I live in. ONE... He covers from Tracy, through Ripon, to Escalon and back to Stockton. Geographically this is a HUGE area of farmland, with what amounts to almost zero police coverage.

I go for walks in the rural area, if something were to happen I would be screwed. I called the sheriff once in an emergency situation, firearm pointed at bad guy, 45 minute response. So I know I am on my own, my county sheriff will likely deny my CCW and the local PD will not give me one because I am not in the incorporated part of town??? This to me amounts to a tremendous pile of bulli*****...

Kalifornia is so screwed in how they handle CCW. In light of last years shootings and our liberal minded politicians I do not see this getting better.