View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 9:10 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny1290 View Post
OK just a quick update...I tore apart the duds. Definitely there was powder stuck to everything, even clumpy in some places. Most of them when I pulled the bullet and emptied the powder I couldn't identify the primer due to the powder stuck to it. Definite oil migration to the pocket.

Here's some pics. I have more primers than bullets so I guess I'll yank them, clean em, and load with fresh primers. Sucks but what can you do.

I tried cleaning out the primer and can't tell if it went off or not. My guess is no.

I still have yet to try the rounds with bottomed out primers seating. I'll keep you posted.

I posted the update because I don't want to blame Wolf for my own dumb mistakes

I could only capture two , but the primers were actually worse than it looks in the photo LOL
If you have enough oil in there to clump the powder, that is definitely a problem. Whether it caused your fail to fires is anybody's guess, but for sure oil will cause ignition problems for primers.

Maybe give some of that pump lanolin based lube a try. RCBS and Dillon both make them, or you can make your own 1 part liquid lanolin to 8-10 parts 99% isopropyl alcohol.

In any case, don't use petrolium based oils as lubes.