View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 3:47 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Originally Posted by omgwtfbbq View Post
As far as the Pistol is concerned, there is a form available on the DOJ website I believe that you can print, fill out and then turn into an FFL along with your pistol. They will conduct a DROS and ten day waiting period and you will be charged a fee. I'm not sure how they what will have to be done with the magazines. Lawfully possessed magazines prior to the ban in 2000 can still be used in firearms, however, I'm not sure how that works with the military situation.

As far as the rifle is concerned, I'm not familiar enough with the model to give any informed advice.
This is so wrong. Please do not post stuff like this. If you don't know for sure, don't post and spread bad info.

OP go here and you will see what you need to do about your handgun.
If you owned the magazines and had them here in CA prior to 2000, you are good to go.

As far as the your SKS, check page 29 of this pdf. If it matches this, it is a AW as far as CA is concerned. Keep in mind that when they mention "altered", they are talking about altered from the original SKS design. You model sounds like it was altered from the original design by the factory to accept a detachable magazine . It does not need to be altered after purchase.

I would play it safe and if it will accept a standard fixed SKS 10 round mag, swap it out.

Ignorance can be educated.
Crazy can be medicated.
But there is no cure for stupid.

Police Brutality?

NRA Benefactor Member

Last edited by TRICKSTER; 12-27-2012 at 3:56 PM..