View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 3:14 PM
Ron-Solo's Avatar
Ron-Solo Ron-Solo is offline
Calguns Addict
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hangin in the AZ
Posts: 8,297
iTrader: 16 / 100%

Originally Posted by omgwtfbbq View Post
As far as the Pistol is concerned, there is a form available on the DOJ website I believe that you can print, fill out and then turn into an FFL along with your pistol. They will conduct a DROS and ten day waiting period and you will be charged a fee. I'm not sure how they what will have to be done with the magazines. Lawfully possessed magazines prior to the ban in 2000 can still be used in firearms, however, I'm not sure how that works with the military situation.

As far as the rifle is concerned, I'm not familiar enough with the model to give any informed advice.
The above info is inaccurate.

Regarding the pistol, you don't take it to an FFL. The form and fee is simply mailed to DOJ. Any hicap magazines you had in California before 2000 are fine.

As far as the rifle, I suggest that you send a private message to "Librarian" with the rifle info for a clear and accurate information.
Bob Lindsey for LA County Sheriff!
He is Pro 2A and “Shall Issue”

I worked directly for Bob at my last assignment before retiring. He was my Commander. He is a man of honor and integrity.

LASD Retired
Reply With Quote