Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Technology and Internet (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   XBOX ONE is sounding terrible. (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=774910)

mossy 06-07-2013 11:26 AM

XBOX ONE is sounding terrible.
 
with all new information Microsoft tells us, xbox one is looking like a huge disappointment. you cant play games offline for more than 24 hours, lending a friend a game is complected ,Kinect 2 and the questionable used game fee....... its like they decided to screw over the gamers who made xbox so popular. the only games i played on PS3 were the "must play" exclusives. now i am seriously considering dumping my Live account and getting a PS4. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...-always-online

guitar-nut 06-07-2013 11:40 AM

I love my 360 but am not very optimistic about the new x box. I have enough games (and there are enough used games I'd like to buy) that I can, and probably will, just keep playing the 360 for years. I'm a casual gamer anyway, usually no more than 3 hours in any given week.

Hoshnasi 06-07-2013 11:54 AM

Think about the gaming market as a whole. MS is trying to make the One a repalcement box, not only for gaming but for streaming meda and cable. They are tyring to position themselves to be the single box when people start "cuting the cable". In the next five years, media companies will bypass cable and go straight to the consumers via streaming MS wants to be the vehicle for that transition.

By supporting HDMI (the cable box) and the internet, they become the gatekeeper and when/if someone ditcheSthe cable and pays for streaming, the One is ready reagardless.

mike_the_wino 06-07-2013 12:03 PM

Microsuk is at it again. Effe them and their stupid new console.

Will not buy.

RonnieP 06-07-2013 12:23 PM

Yeah, why make Big Brother work when you can invite him into your home!

Gutz 06-07-2013 12:27 PM

I've been saying it all along. Playstation > xBox

odysseus 06-07-2013 12:28 PM

Article today that MS can't be happy about:

"New Xbox by NSA partner Microsoft will watch you 24/7": http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/07/ne...#ixzz2VYZSDzox

steelrain82 06-07-2013 1:45 PM

Yeah I really am thinking ps4 so far. I had ps1 and 2 and xbox and the 360. But ps4 is supposedly going to be gamer oriented so it seems like its going to be the winner for me

bohoki 06-07-2013 2:09 PM

really reminds me of the divix dvd player why even have a media if its not going to work without a high speed connection just download as you go

fighterpilot562 06-07-2013 2:30 PM

Yea, it is looking bad for xbox, lots of people are pissed. Lets see how E3 goes

Mad Scotsman 06-07-2013 2:32 PM

PS4 will now charge a monthly subscription, just like Xbox live.

“In addition, Microsoft could conceivably subsidise the Xbox One through prepaid Xbox Live Gold subscriptions (as it has done on a limited basis in the past) or premium Skype functionality as well. Similarly, Sony would subsidise the PS4 through prepaid PlayStation Network subscriptions, but unlike Microsoft, it does not have a history of doing so.”

grim1U 06-07-2013 2:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Scotsman (Post 11532484)
PS4 will now charge a monthly subscription, just like Xbox live.

Where did you read/hear that? Everything I have read so far points to free to play online with the ps4.

mosinnagantm9130 06-07-2013 3:36 PM

Ugh. Been an Xbox guy since the first xbox, but microsoft screwed up badly with this POS.

its mcgavin son 06-08-2013 12:18 PM

The Xbox 360 will be my last console.

Microsoft is attempting to assimilate or purge us old timers. Streaming media, social media, constant internet connection, larger emphasis on wireless transactions and Kinect features; they're trying to appeal to the new generation of ADHD spoiled brat kids.

RamonSJC 06-08-2013 12:25 PM

I will wait and see.

MadMax 06-08-2013 4:42 PM

Who gives a crap if it has to ping your system every 24 hours I don't get why this matters at all

You will be able to buy and sell used copies of games on a disc

It is basically going to be the same as it is now

If you buy a used copy of battlefield 3 right now and the online code has been activated u have to pay to get another online code to play the game online

It is going to be the same setup in the next gen

If you think Sony is going to go easier on the DRM stuff you are fooling yourself

shooter556 06-08-2013 4:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Scotsman (Post 11532484)
PS4 will now charge a monthly subscription, just like Xbox live.

It does it now, it's called Playstation Plus. The PSN will still be free. The PS Plus will be the monthly subscription.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMax (Post 11540829)

If you buy a used copy of battlefield 3 right now and the online code has been activated u have to pay to get another online code to play the game online

Yes but it's only because EA is a greedy son of a *****. Not all games have online passes. And I mostly buy used games just for the story line. I only play a few online games but I do purchase those new. But used games are amazing. You can easily pick up 3 good games for the price of one. I will not be purchasing the new XBOX solely for this reason.

MadMax 06-08-2013 5:03 PM

You can buy used hard copies of games for the Xbox 1 just like you can now for the 360 confirmed by Microsoft

There are several game companies that make you buy an online pass it is not just EA, although I agree wholeheartedly that EA is the devil.

There was so many BS rumors that where going around before the reveal it was ridiculous, and they turned out to just be BS.

direct from Microsoft

“Today, some gamers choose to sell their old disc-based games back for cash and credit. We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.”

All the DRM BS will be with online bought games and that is how it always has been.

Deadbolt 06-08-2013 7:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoshnasi (Post 11531088)
Think about the gaming market as a whole. MS is trying to make the One a repalcement box, not only for gaming but for streaming meda and cable. They are tyring to position themselves to be the single box when people start "cuting the cable". In the next five years, media companies will bypass cable and go straight to the consumers via streaming MS wants to be the vehicle for that transition.

By supporting HDMI (the cable box) and the internet, they become the gatekeeper and when/if someone ditcheSthe cable and pays for streaming, the One is ready reagardless.

yawn. The always on camera and microphone are huge privacy issues imho as well as their approach to "no game sharing" is atrocious.

Passing.

Merc1138 06-08-2013 7:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMax (Post 11540964)
You can buy used hard copies of games for the Xbox 1 just like you can now for the 360 confirmed by Microsoft

There are several game companies that make you buy an online pass it is not just EA, although I agree wholeheartedly that EA is the devil.

There was so many BS rumors that where going around before the reveal it was ridiculous, and they turned out to just be BS.

direct from Microsoft

“Today, some gamers choose to sell their old disc-based games back for cash and credit. We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.”

All the DRM BS will be with online bought games and that is how it always has been.

Oh, so I can sell my used game to gamestop(or some other participating retailer) for $10, and a buyer can pay $40.

When previously I could just sell it on ebay for $30, pocket $27 after fees, and the buyer pays less.

Sounds just like how it used to be!

Look, anyone with half a brain knew DRM was coming. The online passes were basically just CD keys. We've had that with PC games for years now. The "problem" is that since console games need to be installed(can't just get home from work and fire it up), console f/w needs to be updated(can't just get home and play any time you want), games need updates(sometimes it's quick, sometimes it's slow), and now that we have DRM on consoles(only being able to sell used games to a participating retailer is still DRM), there's even less of a point to bothering with a console, since we'll have all of the annoyances from PC gaming, and none of the upsides that console games have had since the late 70's by comparison.

lilro 06-08-2013 7:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Scotsman (Post 11532484)
PS4 will now charge a monthly subscription, just like Xbox live.

“In addition, Microsoft could conceivably subsidise the Xbox One through prepaid Xbox Live Gold subscriptions (as it has done on a limited basis in the past) or premium Skype functionality as well. Similarly, Sony would subsidise the PS4 through prepaid PlayStation Network subscriptions, but unlike Microsoft, it does not have a history of doing so.”

I don't know how it will be with the PS4, but Playstation Plus (paid subscription) on the PS3 has all kinds of benefits. Free full games every month, one hour trials of brand new AAA games (not demo, but full game for 1 hour), demos, avatars, early DLC, cloud saving, auto updates, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMax (Post 11540829)
Who gives a crap if it has to ping your system every 24 hours I don't get why this matters at all

You will be able to buy and sell used copies of games on a disc

It is basically going to be the same as it is now

If you buy a used copy of battlefield 3 right now and the online code has been activated u have to pay to get another online code to play the game online

It is going to be the same setup in the next gen

If you think Sony is going to go easier on the DRM stuff you are fooling yourself

Not quite. With the XBOX One, you will have to buy a game at full price to play it at all, not just online. If you have a game and want to play at a buddies house, he has to buy the game to play, even though you already have the disc. You stick the disc in, and he has to buy a license. Or, you can sign in to YOUR account on his XBOX, and play for 1 hour. If you have some friends over to watch a movie, the Kinect will scan how many people are in the room, and charge you based on how many people there are. The Kinect NEVER turns off, and always records audio, as there are voice commands to power the console.

PS4 and XBOX One are not on the same level at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMax (Post 11540964)
We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.”

That means no more private sales. It will be just like CA gun transfer laws, sans DROS fee. Stores will need a MGL (Microsoft Games License) to sell used games.

Actually, it's worse. What if a publisher decides not to "enable" their game for trade-in?

nanoc 06-08-2013 8:52 PM

Real gamers use PC's.

:hide:

Emdawg 06-08-2013 11:45 PM

Trash.

MrLawless1 06-09-2013 1:02 AM

All the "trending" stuff is what I could care less about, especially in regards to music on the Xbox One. Modern music today sucks.... Keep your Katy Perry..... I'll be jamming some AC/DC and Stones.

GunnerB 06-09-2013 1:46 AM

I'm not on board with the must connect feature.

ShadowX 06-09-2013 2:27 AM

The only reason why Microsoft won with Xbox 360 over the PS3 was because the Xbox was hacked on day one. PS3 was not hacked for years. Its reality.

the86d 06-09-2013 5:48 AM

It is commonly referred to as the X-Bone for a reason...

And that reason has to do with used games, and paying more that we currently do for used games.

dynamomark80 06-09-2013 8:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanoc (Post 11542393)
Real gamers use PC's.

:hide:

yeah keyboards over controllers anyday


Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowX (Post 11543573)
The only reason why Microsoft won with Xbox 360 over the PS3 was because the Xbox was hacked on day one. PS3 was not hacked for years. Its reality.

nope Xbox 360 really only had a few good titles when it came out and I think the Halo people really backed the system and made it take off. you have to think out of the crap ton on systems out there probably 95% are never hacked/modded at all. What made the PS3 ok was you didnt have to pay for a monthly service to play online and that it had a bluray drive. Now that the more and more media is offered as digital download or streamed to a console disc drives will eventually become obsolete.

One thing MS fails to understand is that the secondary market for used games alone can help boost console image in today market. Under pressure from developers they are now implementing a system that will pretty much kill of any possibility for a secondary market, no good MS. Lets face it people what to play god when it comes to "their" stuff and this is just who Android popped up to uppercut the **** out of the OS offered by Apple. In time gamers/consumers will start to opt for something different instead of being constrained by the all mighty Sony, MS, and Nintendo. We want to feel free even if we have to pay take a shaft at $60 per game.

Besides all the bs system implementations made to force people to buy and not share games the PS4 still looks better based on hardware specs. AMD is killing it on these sytems for sure so kudos to them.
Both systems have 8 core cpu but the PS4 has 8GB of ddr5 ram unlike the ddr3 ram MS opted to use. GPU is better in the PS4 as well and that my friends is going to make the in-game action so much better. When playing games in high definition you need good hardware, especially the GPU so you can maintain frame rates with a good level of detail. Multi-player FPS drive the market and when you have 16+ player shredding each other you really want to have no loss in visual detail. Hell, the PS4 controller looks more entertaining then the entire xbox system :D dam touchpad? hell yes i love to finger things, dual shock? **** i love to shake things up.

PS4 is a console gamers orgasmic wet dream waiting to happen.

The only thing console gaming is lacking is a solid state drive (SSD) and if Sony really wanted to make MS crap their pants they would offer a premium build with a kick *** SSD instead of the typical drive.

MadMax 06-09-2013 9:45 AM

SO much misinformation

Remember when the rumor was online connection all the time and not trade in of any game whatsoever.

95% of that was BS and we still have all the complaining.

All Xbox one games will be available for download on release day and most will also be available on a disk.

You can take your disk based games and sell trade whatever anywhere it is up to the developer if they charge a online pass renew fee.

If you go to a friends house you can log in on his XBOX One and play all of your games thru his Xbox One cause everything will be on the cloud. While you are doing this it will ping your account every hour but you can play as long as you want.

If you have a digital copy of a game you can give it to a friend if they have been on your friends list for 30 days. If you have a digital copy of a game now you are stuck with it.

Stop with all the BS if you really want to be mad at the xbox one it should be for the following:

I don't need or want Kinect, all the money and development should have went into hardware and software for games.

I don't need an hdmi pass thru so I can watch tv thru my xbox one again all that money should have gone into games and gaming.

To me those are some reasons to be upset, give me a gaming console and screw the rest.

I will be getting an xbox one and a ps4 for exclusives, hardware wise they are going to be very similar. Again with regards to the PS4 they are the kings of DRM I can't wait to see what kind of shady crap they have planned.

89 Vision 06-09-2013 12:04 PM

Yuck!!! Good thing I'm a Playstation user.

gobler 06-10-2013 6:48 PM

PS4 will NOT require online to play. Games are yours to trade, sell or lend. PS4 for the win!!!


Sent from somewhere in time & space...

jonzer77 06-10-2013 6:49 PM

I have owned an Xbox for as long as I can remember but I won't be buying the new one. If they decide to come out with one that doesn't have kinect built in.....maybe. I don't want someone hacking into my Xbox and accessing the camera and microphone.........no way. I will stick with my 360.

Merc1138 06-10-2013 6:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMax (Post 11544929)
Again with regards to the PS4 they are the kings of DRM I can't wait to see what kind of shady crap they have planned.

So what about that shady crap?

gobler 06-10-2013 7:21 PM

Also, X1 at $499 PS4 at $399.
The Play Station E3 show just ended and the PS4 kicked ***.


Sent from somewhere in time & space...

nestle19 06-10-2013 7:27 PM

How much is PS4 charging monthly for online play? That kinda suck because I love playing online for free.

Sonic_mike 06-10-2013 7:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grim1U (Post 11532698)
Where did you read/hear that? Everything I have read so far points to free to play online with the ps4.

also your ps account and cc info will be compromised.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanoc (Post 11542393)
Real gamers use PC's.
So how's it like being a wow and manic the gathering fan? Do women appreciate? Jk kist filling the sterio type.
:hide:


As a Xbox user ill keep mine till its as playable as the game cast I once had.

Merc1138 06-10-2013 7:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nestle19 (Post 11556558)
How much is PS4 charging monthly for online play? That kinda suck because I love playing online for free.

Nothing. I take it you didn't watch or read anything about the event yet?

MadMax 06-10-2013 8:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merc1138 (Post 11556241)
So what about that shady crap?

LOL just because Sony didn't announce it like dumb azz Microsoft did doesn't mean they don't have shadiness coming down the pipeline.

Preordered my Xbox one today and supposedly I will be able to pre order my ps4 tomorrow so I will let you know how they both really are when I get them.:cool:

Deadbolt 06-10-2013 8:28 PM

MadMax - good luck.

I want absolutely nothing to do with 1984's gaming console :(

Merc1138 06-10-2013 8:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMax (Post 11557021)
LOL just because Sony didn't announce it like dumb azz Microsoft did doesn't mean they don't have shadiness coming down the pipeline.

Preordered my Xbox one today and supposedly I will be able to pre order my ps4 tomorrow so I will let you know how they both really are when I get them.:cool:

What do you mean "just because Sony didn't announce it", they specifically said they weren't going to pull the online requirement, can't loan your friends discs, needing to sell them only to an authorized retail outlet crap.

Hmm, I think someone might be a fanboy.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.