Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Venom Tactical Antidote AK muzzle brake (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=765524)

hermosabeach 05-20-2013 1:43 PM

Venom Tactical Antidote AK muzzle brake

Has anyone used one of these AK Muzzle Brakes?

They look like a great performer but I am wondering how loud they make the platform?????

http://shop.venomtactical.com/produc...4-muzzle-brake

To correctly design the Venom Antidote line of muzzle brakes Venom Tactical had to first design a system to able to measure the effects of recoil and muzzle rise accurately. Venom had engineers write software and develop hardware to be able to consistently measure recoil on a given weapon platform. After testing most of the available brakes on the market and collecting over a year of data we set out to design our own line of brakes.

You will find the Venom Antidote to be the most effective device for controlling recoil and muzzle rise on the AK47/ AK74 platform.

The Venom Antidote for the AK series rifle is available in 14x1mm LH threads.

MrPlink 05-20-2013 1:49 PM

200 bucks? Hmmm

hermosabeach 05-20-2013 1:55 PM

Here is a video review. It looks like it performs but some of the most effective brakes are crazy loud. I just don't know with the 7.62x39 cartridge if it would be too loud or not

http://youtu.be/h2A6_pgCt2o

beanz2 05-20-2013 2:00 PM

I just had one pinned and welded to my RD701 at Rifle Dynamics and shot it this past weekend. Much less noise and concussion than the AKBC it replaced. Very happy with the results.

I also shot Jim Fuller's select fire AK47 with the Antidote installed. Not much muzzle rise in full auto, comparable to the select fire AK74 with a 4 piece Bulgarian booster.

Good stuff but low on stock. He's got 2 left as of Sunday.

If only I can talk him to making one for the 5.45...

gwgn02 05-20-2013 2:47 PM

Pass...my tri-delta does the same for 150 less.

SFCRangerDoc 05-20-2013 2:50 PM

200 bucks? Yeah, thats a little excessive on the cost :/

MrPlink 05-20-2013 2:57 PM

I have a feeling a spikes dyna would be comperable for a fraction of the price, but I havent tried one so...
I just always get suspicious with expensive miracle muzzle devices

The Paper Pimp 05-20-2013 3:32 PM

$200? ouch. pass

FiveSeven 05-20-2013 5:51 PM

It's common for majority of AK owners being on the cheap side.... That's why you see all the 20lb NcStar crap, garbage Tapco muzzle brakes, toy quality optics etc etc.
That video (author) stated very well the two groups of AK owners fall in to.

Even though I prefer FH over MB, I thinks it's a well designed item.

beanz2 05-20-2013 10:14 PM

At least Rifle Dynamics understands that they will not advertise it as a flash hider for the sake of us Californians.

Plisk 05-20-2013 11:33 PM

Dave I'm assuming that's you.

I was also fortunate enough to be able to test the Antidote hands on this past weekend with Rifle Dynamics. Yes, it is a large price tag but I feel it is completely warranted. The construction and performance of the device is well worth the cost in my opinion, I even ordered one for myself.

From the different brakes I've had the ability to test, this has has been the highest performance one yet. It performs the same as a Surefire 7.62 muzzle brake, yet there is much less concussion to the sides and to the shooter. I feel it out performs the BCAK.

Danomite556 05-21-2013 5:47 AM

It looks like this muzzle device works very well.

beanz2 05-21-2013 5:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plisk (Post 11394553)
Dave I'm assuming that's you.

Yup, that was me, LOL. Nice training with you.

zfields 05-21-2013 8:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiveSeven (Post 11391879)
It's common for majority of AK owners being on the cheap side.... That's why you see all the 20lb NcStar crap, garbage Tapco muzzle brakes, toy quality optics etc etc.
That video (author) stated very well the two groups of AK owners fall in to.

Even though I prefer FH over MB, I thinks it's a well designed item.

I'm one of those guys to a point. But I don't doubt that RD put out a good product.

MrExel17 05-21-2013 8:53 AM

Interesting....might have to look into this for my next AK

MrPlink 05-21-2013 12:37 PM

Id like to think of myself as kinda a cheap SOB when it comes to the AK platform. I mean, isn't that half the charm?
On the other hand I bought a Kobra for my WASR which cost about as much as the rifle and I have about 1000 dollars already invested into a box of parts for a Krink build.. maybe I am in the middle?

Like I said though, I just get suspicious with things like this. Kinda like a KAC tripple tap. Frankly if I lived in a free state the only way you would get me to consider spending much more than a 100 dollars for a muzzle device is if it mandates a tax stamp

20$Bandit 05-23-2013 1:16 PM

The Best on the market IMO

Got the antidote, big difference between this and the battle comp and a huge difference between the Antidote and the slant muzzle break. The recoil is managed well no muzzle rise as compared to the slant, just as loud and a huge fireball is generated similar to the slant. If your AK platform is your "go to war" gun then this is a must have, just don't tell your wife how much you spent on it, $195 retail.

Dinosaur Jr 06-06-2013 9:40 PM

I like the PWS J-Tack: $70 Probably not going to win any tacticool contests but its a solid product that reduces recoil and muzzle rise.

http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/v...p?idproduct=15

fmunk 06-06-2013 11:11 PM

For what they charge... one has to wonder how much of the result is psychological?

Indigo762 04-09-2014 11:01 AM

I just ordered one.. I am curious to see how it affects group sizes with double tap/rapid firing vs some of the other comparable breaks on the market.

As far as cost goes, I've spent more on my AR for less (claimed) improvements in functionality mainly because there are so many "little"/fair-priced things you can upgrade on that platform, and they add up. If this really makes a 762x39 feel like a 545x39, and it is the best of the best, it's worth the cost for me. Besides maybe an optic for my AKM, There is no reason to spend any more on my AK. So... 190 bucks (+ tax and shipping) later I have upgraded my AK for a fraction of the price of upgrading my AR. I'm sure many will think this logic is dumb, but it's helping me with my buyer's guilt haha

SNCaliber 04-09-2014 11:06 AM

looks good, but not sure about the price tag..

acaligunner 04-09-2014 11:33 AM

Modern charm on an AK ?

I have never felt the AK to be too rough or loud, I can shoot the rifle good enough without being distracted.

$200 bucks~ that's like half a case of ammo. ...

Speedpower 04-09-2014 12:01 PM

It's way overpriced! Probably only cost $25 to make