Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Young Calgunners (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Kid at Gym claims he got gun through intrafam transfer... FROM HIS BROTHER?!?! (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=708622)

Unit398 02-20-2013 8:57 PM

Kid at Gym claims he got gun through intrafam transfer... FROM HIS BROTHER?!?!

My mate and I are working out and we were talking about intra transfers and he claims he got a 1911 transferred to him from his brother. As far as my knowledge with transfers go, I believe that is illegal isn't it? My friend is 18 by the way and has his HSC. I thought intra transfers were only legal from parent to child? I have to admit I'm a bit jealous of his 1911 lol.. :facepalm: Anyone else on calguns get away with this? Because I mean if that was the case, I'm pretty sure all 18 year old handgun lovin, pistol caressin kids with brothers or sisters that are 21 of age, would have a handgun.. Someone PLEASE shed some light on this for me. He may just be trying to make me jealous cuz he was really rubbin it in my face.:kest:

Ed_Hazard 02-20-2013 8:59 PM

Brother to dad, dad to brother 2. All nice and legal.:thumbsup:

weekend_plinker 02-20-2013 9:01 PM

Guns can only go up and down not across in family's
Grandparents parents kids grandkids

troysland 02-20-2013 9:02 PM

Has to be vertical along the family tree. Can't be horizontal. Next time at the gym, out-bench press him. That'll make you feel better.

mofojoe 02-21-2013 7:05 AM

If my brother gave me a gun I wouldnt worry about it. If the cops asked I'd just say, "It's my brothers and he's letting me use it.:2::2:" How could they prove otherwise?????????????????

Tempus 02-21-2013 11:14 AM

Never believe anything anyone tells you in the gym

Meety Peety 02-21-2013 4:01 PM

The other day a guy at work told me about how his brother bought an 80% lower and didn't have to register it because it doesn't have a firing pin. The point is, 9 times out of 10, people don't know what the hell they are talking about. Other times, they are on the right track but just don't quite get the details right.

My advice, print up a set of "Cool story bro" business cards and keep them in your wallet.

omnitravis 02-22-2013 8:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mofojoe (Post 10600384)
If my brother gave me a gun I wouldnt worry about it. If the cops asked I'd just say, "It's my brothers and he's letting me use it.:2::2:" How could they prove otherwise?????????????????

Any number of ways, for starters....
Tell your friend to stop showing off his gun or he is going to get it taken away.
Or at the very least, stop talking about it.

mcmikeblues7 02-22-2013 5:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meety Peety (Post 10603828)
The other day a guy at work told me about how his brother bought an 80% lower and didn't have to register it because it doesn't have a firing pin. The point is, 9 times out of 10, people don't know what the hell they are talking about. Other times, they are on the right track but just don't quite get the details right.

My advice, print up a set of "Cool story bro" business cards and keep them in your wallet.

except, you don't have to register lowers... Am I missing something?

Ed_Hazard 02-22-2013 5:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmikeblues7 (Post 10615412)

Your right, 80% lowers need no serial # unless you plan to sell.

Ed_Hazard 02-22-2013 5:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mofojoe (Post 10600384)

Are you over 21? Do you have an HSC? Does your brother live out of state? When was the last time your brother met up with you?

Better answer would be your brother gifted it to your dad, who in turn gifted it to you.

mofojoe 02-22-2013 7:28 PM

:oji::oji:
Quote:

Originally Posted by omnitravis (Post 10610355)
Any number of ways, for starters....
Tell your friend to stop showing off his gun or he is going to get it taken away.
Or at the very least, stop talking about it.

Any number of ways ? Well lets hear one

Meety Peety 02-22-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmikeblues7 (Post 10615412)

Why don't we start with lowers don't have firing pins and work from there? Did you really not see the correlation between my first sentence and the rest of the post? If not, that's pretty sad dude. Here's a hint. Read the first sentence last and see if it's still over your head.

five.five-six 02-22-2013 10:13 PM

I have an 100% lower and I don't have to register it is because it doesn't have an autosear.

True story.

Meety Peety 02-22-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by five.five-six (Post 10618336)
I have an 100% lower and I don't have to register it is because it doesn't have an autosear.

True story.

NOWAIBRO i thought you don't have to register lowers?!

Exodus343 02-25-2013 5:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed_Hazard (Post 10597756)
Brother to dad, dad to brother 2. All nice and legal.:thumbsup:

there you go :)