Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   FFL's Forum (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   POS (Point of Sale) System Recomendations (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=701655)

Elite Armory 02-11-2013 2:12 PM

POS (Point of Sale) System Recomendations

What are other FFL's using for their POS system?? We need one ASAP so please help us out with your recomendations.

Thanks

Toby's Tactical 02-11-2013 5:11 PM

I use Quickbooks. I know another FFL who uses Quickbooks POS. I hear the NRA endorsed one is really good but it's about $5k.

FortCourageArmory 02-11-2013 5:17 PM

We use Quickbooks as well, but we are switching over to an iMac system so our POS system will be changing as well. Our new POS is called MacPOS.

Ghostworks Arms 02-25-2013 8:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FortCourageArmory (Post 10501780)
We use Quickbooks as well, but we are switching over to an iMac system so our POS system will be changing as well. Our new POS is called MacPOS.

Would love to hear feedback on MacPOS.

PolishMike 02-25-2013 8:28 AM

I use Cervelle Merchant Magic. Not the most flashy system but it works. I love the fact that it automatically syncs/manages your bound book. We are approaching 10k guns and doing that on paper or another system would just be way too time consuming.

PS - If you want to come out to Tracy I can give you a demo.

kama3 02-25-2013 10:00 AM

I just researched this for a client. He does not want QuickBooks and wanted something 100% web based.

We set him up with a Shopify cart, Vend POS system and Xero accounting. All 3 are web based and integrate with each other.

Not really sure if something like this suitable for firearm sales or if it even meets whatever requirements there are. The client I have researched this for manufactures electronic equipment for DNA testing.

Thebastidge 03-10-2014 1:50 PM

Is anyone looking for a deal on Cervelle Merchant Magic? It's great for pure gunshops, but our business model is a little more complicated, and we found another solution. I have an un-activated set of two licenses, I would be willing to re-sell for a significant discount.

acespawnshop 03-11-2014 11:29 AM

We use a pawn shop system for our stuff, but we use quickbooks for our actual accounting work. Buy Quickbooks

EurekaPayments 06-05-2014 8:37 AM

One word of caution... if you use QuickBook POS you will not be able to run your credit card sales through it if you are selling firearms. They will no longer underwrite accounts selling firearms (or so we have heard from clients as well as banking partners).

We would be happy to assist with the merchant portion of your business if the need arises.

Baboosh 06-05-2014 9:07 AM

We use ASI and it's been great. They are very helpful and the system is very fluid. It allows us to use an electronic bound book that auto checks out guns at the time of invoice. We also have the integrated credit card processing.

Google technology for retailers.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Funtimes 06-05-2014 9:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baboosh (Post 14229959)
We use ASI and it's been great. They are very helpful and the system is very fluid. It allows us to use an electronic bound book that auto checks out guns at the time of invoice. We also have the integrated credit card processing.

Google technology for retailers.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Could you break down ASI?

Baboosh 06-05-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funtimes (Post 14230021)
Could you break down ASI?

Any specific features or just looking for an overall recap?

Feel free to call me

Brian Nussbaum CO 06-05-2014 11:34 AM

We are using Cervelle Merchant Magic. We like it alot

Funtimes 06-06-2014 3:36 PM

Just trying to figure out what ASI stands for. My google isn't coming up with anything.

oldsmoboat 06-07-2014 8:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funtimes (Post 14239260)
Just trying to figure out what ASI stands for. My google isn't coming up with anything.

My Google says: Actions Systems Inc.

weaponsandgear 06-15-2014 7:00 AM

We use Acusport's AXIS system. I highly recommend you use a POS system that is built for the firearms industry. We used to be on Quickbooks POS and the conversion over to an real firearms POS was painful and took 6 months to prepare for. When I say "built the firearms industry", the AXIS system handles the A&D book, electronic 4473, 3310;s, and credit card processing.