Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   FFL's Forum (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   budsgunshop doesn't ship C&R to Calif. my options? (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=701072)

smlfsh 02-10-2013 5:34 PM

budsgunshop doesn't ship C&R to Calif. my options?

hello,

i need your advice... I hold C&R lic (recently received) and decided to buy mosin nagant on budsgunshop. Unfortunately, after the order applying they send me a message "We are not currently shipping these guns to a C&R license in Calif." .. I'm not sure that I'm ready to pay double price for this rifle (transfer + dros), so my question is - do I have any options or only the order cancellation?

Thanks,
Serge

Zedrek 02-10-2013 7:00 PM

If they won't ship it then you need to get it from another place. Check out the Curio & Relic forum on here for places that sell the one you are looking for or the marketplace.

WALDSCHRAT 02-10-2013 7:12 PM

Don't sweat the load or waste your time with "Bud". Move on to the next seller. This is still a buyers market for 91/30s. His price is $139?

smlfsh 02-10-2013 7:16 PM

Zedrek - sure. sorry if I mistakenly posted it here...

WALDSCHRAT - yes, $140..

PS. I'm so sorry, but do you know what may be a reason to don't ship mosin 91/30 to C&R in California? I thought it's absolutely legal... Are there any additional restrictions I'm not aware about?

Thank you!
Serge

tenpercentfirearms 02-11-2013 6:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smlfsh (Post 10491959)

WALDSCHRAT - yes, $140..

PS. I'm so sorry, but do you know what may be a reason to don't ship mosin 91/30 to C&R in California? I thought it's absolutely legal... Are there any additional restrictions I'm not aware about?

Thank you!
Serge

It is just company policy. The only thing you can do is move on. They do not have to sell to you.

kemasa 02-11-2013 10:15 AM

One issue is that they might try to take a restocking fee, but since it is legal for them to ship to a C&R FFL holder, that would not be valid.

Zedrek 02-11-2013 8:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smlfsh (Post 10491959)

WALDSCHRAT - yes, $140..

Thank you!
Serge

You will find that it's pretty hit and miss when dealing with sellers outside of California. Even though something is perfectly legal for us to buy here some sellers just don't want to deal with all of the restrictions we have. Some people have had success showing the sellers regulations showing where it's legal for us to purchase it but some sellers won't budge no matter what. Just have to move on to the next seller when that happens.

grego31 02-15-2013 8:21 PM

I am not a FFL but have dealt with bud's a few times. I wish I could comment but this is not the place.
The advice to move on is valid, move as fast as you can. They are not the best to deal with when a problem arises.
Since they said they will not ship, they should cancel the order without any fees as it was their decision to cancel the transaction. If you have any problems ask to speak to a supervisor. Keep going up the chain until you get the situation taken care of. Then take your money and go somewhere else.

beatstanfurd 03-22-2013 9:13 PM

Quote:

We are not currently shipping to C&R licenses in Calif, due to CFLC shipment approval website and the dealer not have a CFD number.
http://oag.ca.gov/firearms/cflcfaqs#4

Quote:

Are any California FFLs exempt from the CFLC verification approval requirement?
Yes. The CFLC program does not apply to FFLs with Type 03 (curio and relic collectors) and Type 06 (ammunition dealers) licenses.