Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Ammo and Reloading (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   powder valley (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=694229)

lincoln45 02-01-2013 7:27 PM

powder valley

Orders placed today for in stock items will ship approximately March 5.
We are currently processing orders placed on Jan 11!
You will receive an invoice when your order is processed and
tracking information when the order ships.

BACKORDERS: (Effective 01/29/13 at 8 AM ET)
Due to the overwhelming number of orders and the extreme supply shortages we are temporarily discontinuing our policy of accepting backorders. Over the past two months we have done everything we can to keep up with the orders including hiring several new employees and working 7 days a week. However, recently we have come to the realization that we simply can not continue to take orders for items that we have no idea when will be available, nor can we expect customers to continue to wait 4-6 weeks for us to process their in stock orders. Orders that are placed for items listed as "Out of Stock" on the website will be immediately canceled. All customers who have backorders in our system currently will not be affected and these orders will be processed as soon as the items come available. We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience this may cause

DRAB_81 02-01-2013 7:45 PM

Old news, the panic market for reloading components is just as bad as the panic markets for Ammo, AK's, AR15's & Glocks. I can't imagine how many HUGE backorders PV had to receive in order to post that on their website.

lincoln45 02-01-2013 7:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAB_81 (Post 10396741)
Old news, the panic market for reloading components is just as bad as the panic markets for Ammo, AK's, AR15's & Glocks. I can't imagine how many HUGE backorders PV had to receive in order to post that on their website.

one of our LGS has lowers....350$

DRAB_81 02-01-2013 8:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lincoln45 (Post 10396900)
one of our LGS has lowers....350$

And I just received 16lbs of H335, 5K Tula 223 SRP & 2K Hornady 55gr FMJBT from Powder Valley. PV has refused to raise their prices, unlike most companies who are capitalizing on the panic.

I bought 2 Aero Precision lowers for $95 each & a (10) pack of PMAG rebuild kits for $120, a week before Sandy Hook. Now lowers are scarce & 3-5 times the normal price. PMAGS are also scarce, and I've seen them go for as much as $125 each.

What are you trying to say by posting that?

Cypriss32 02-01-2013 9:50 PM

I just got 50 pounds worth of primers from them. Next is back order of varget, blc2 and pistol powder

dog 02-01-2013 9:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAB_81 (Post 10397153)
And I just received 16lbs of H335, 5K Tula 223 SRP & 2K Hornady 55gr FMJBT from Powder Valley. PV has refused to raise their prices, unlike most companies who are capitalizing on the panic.

I bought 2 Aero Precision lowers for $95 each & a (10) pack of PMAG rebuild kits for $120, a week before Sandy Hook. Now lowers are scarce & 3-5 times the normal price. PMAGS are also scarce, and I've seen them go for as much as $125 each.

What are you trying to say by posting that?

Powder valley has raised their prices recently on primers even though they aren't in stock.

DRAB_81 02-01-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog (Post 10398306)
Powder valley has raised their prices recently on primers even though they aren't in stock.

Not any more than normal, as their prices on primers have always fluctuated +/- $2-$5. For example I've bought Federal SPP from them for $26 per K, and $30 per K, both during a non-panic market. I've also bought CCI & Winchester primers from them at $24 per k & $26 per k, again in a non-panic market.