Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   CGSSA: Sheriff Sniff to DiFi - Sniff-Oppose Letter - Assault Weapons.pdf (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=694033)

pennys dad 02-01-2013 3:25 PM

CGSSA: Sheriff Sniff to DiFi - Sniff-Oppose Letter - Assault Weapons.pdf

1 Attachment(s)
http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/q...34-20-54PM.png

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/q...34-21-37PM.png

bwiese 02-01-2013 3:28 PM

That's an easy position to take.

We've had enough CGers have trouble in Riverside County that took CGF intervention to fix.

He should look inward - as well as make his carry permit policies conform to state law if he really were true to his mark.

kick Z tail out 02-01-2013 3:31 PM

I say BZ to Sheriff Sniff for sending the letter.

NeverEnoughGuns 02-01-2013 3:33 PM

To nice of a letter. This about defending ourselves from the possibility of a tyrannical Government and not sport & hunting.

H Paul Payne 02-01-2013 3:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwiese (Post 10393743)

He could have said nothing.

Larryect 02-01-2013 3:40 PM

Quote:

We've had enough CGers have trouble in Riverside County that took CGF intervention to fix.

He should look inward - as well as make his carry permit policies conform to state law if he really were true to his mark.

This ^

Nice letter. Now if he would start issuing CCW's for those not carrying money, I might vote for him........ Otherwise, I never will.

steve91104 02-01-2013 3:47 PM

LOL, I like how he cc's Boxer

:smilielol5:

pennys dad 02-01-2013 3:52 PM

Quote:

I agree dang it, lets kick everyone that doesn't meet our perfect profile of perfection. ROFL Hahahahaha

alosix 02-01-2013 3:54 PM

can we get this guy to talk to Yee and the rest of them?

Waffleobill 02-01-2013 4:07 PM

Quote:

It's a start and it's certainly better than not saying anything at all (especially for an elected official in Kalifornia).

dems4gun2 02-01-2013 4:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H Paul Payne (Post 10393809)

^ This....

wildhawker 02-01-2013 4:58 PM

At least saying nothing would have been honest.

Wildhawk66 02-01-2013 5:47 PM

This might not be everything we want from this Sheriff, but it is more than we are getting from a lot of them. I don't think there is any harm in being appreciative of this action on its own while still fighting for and keeping pressure on the carry issue.

I have heard it said that the fight for gun rights is like the very slow turning of a very large ship. Lets recognize a small step in the right direction.

thefitter 02-01-2013 5:48 PM

There is really just no pleasing some people.

Rob7.62 02-01-2013 5:55 PM

Any support is good support big thank you to sheriff Sniff for speaking up

pitbull30 02-01-2013 6:09 PM

There's should be a sticky with all the CA sherriffs who took the time to say something. We should thank them and flood the others with emails and letters.

Aidenpeacemaker 02-01-2013 6:25 PM

NICE

Thats awsome!!!! Thank you sheriff

pennys dad 02-01-2013 6:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefitter (Post 10395308)
There is really just no pleasing some people.

agreed!

pennys dad 02-01-2013 6:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitbull30 (Post 10395577)
There's should be a sticky with all the CA sherriffs who took the time to say something. We should thank them and flood the others with emails and letters.

agreed!

sixtus 02-01-2013 7:29 PM

Quote:

We're not going to get everything we want all at once. Having elected officials on our side in any of these debates should not be discounted just because they "don't say exactly what we want them to".

SoulStealer 02-01-2013 7:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixtus (Post 10396491)
We're not going to get everything we want all at once. Having elected officials on our side in any of these debates should not be discounted just because they "don't say exactly what we want them to".

sixtus, You misunderstood what it was in reference too.

RangerJoe 02-01-2013 7:41 PM

Has San Bernardino County Sheriff stated his position yet? Curious.

JagerDog 02-01-2013 8:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffleobill (Post 10394136)
It's a start and it's certainly better than not saying anything at all (especially for an elected official in Kalifornia).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob7.62 (Post 10395395)
Any support is good support big thank you to sheriff Sniff for speaking up

^^^^^^^^this.

The topic at hand was well addressed in the letter. The context is not CCW's and whatever other grievances folks may have.

kick Z tail out 02-01-2013 9:11 PM

I think we should be pleased he said what he said... What did Baca say? There's always Charlie Beck saying Feinswine has it right. At least this is Sheriff of a large department telling her she's wrong.

PhillyGunner 02-01-2013 9:13 PM

I am personally not that familiar with Riverside County politics. Don't think all the East Coast Anti's that I will send this to are either.

As far as at least SOUNDING like he's on the right page, and those of us who have been saying the same things for weeks may not actually be 'street sweeping', 'baby killing', 'paranoid' 'whackos'... it may go a long way.

Maybe if all the concerned Cal-Gunners send him a 'thank you for your support' and 'how 'bout a CCW while your at it letter'... like I said, I don't know the man or the politics.

Sputnik 02-01-2013 9:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildhawk66 (Post 10395295)
This might not be everything we want from this Sheriff, but it is more than we are getting from a lot of them. I don't think there is any harm in being appreciative of this action on its own while still fighting for and keeping pressure on the carry issue.

I have heard it said that the fight for gun rights is like the very slow turning of a very large ship. Lets recognize a small step in the right direction.

As the kids might say, "Word".

DrDavid 02-01-2013 11:25 PM

I think Sheriff Sniff writing this letter is a good step, in the right direction. Is it perfect? Nope. Would we have all wished it said, "any law that restricts ownership of guns in any way is wrong"? Absolutely.

But, I suspect he may be playing a political game. Don't completely piss off people you want to reason with. Whether you think he's right or wrong in how he's approaching the problem, I do actually believe he's trying.

I think he should move to a shall-issue system, etc.. But this isn't about CCW. This is about an AWB.. And, Sheriff Sniff says that We The People should have the same things cops have. SBS, AR's, etc.. He's taken Gene's argument of police/military arms ARE what we whoud be able to have, and put it in a letter to Feinstein.

I actually believe, from speaking with the Sheriff personally, that he's trying to do the right thing.. It's like open carry; people started open carrying just to prove a point and got smacked down by Sacramento. He has reason to be cautious given the current climate IMHO.

30rdMag 02-02-2013 12:33 AM

I'd buy him a cup of Starbucks any time.

Positive movement and he is pointing out some strong key points. Anyone push this out to a media outlet?
Lets not bite the fingers of a helping hand. The pending evil queens doom far out weights the ccw issue right now anyways.

Hiknefer 02-02-2013 1:58 AM

As a Riverside county resident I'm very happy with this. Before the day is over I'll have a letter of appreciation in the mail to Sheriff Sniff.

I would also like to point out that Sheriff Sniff publicly opposed SB249. I've never met this man and I probably never will, but I'd like to hope that as the usurpers in our government reveal their true agenda of tyranny and it becomes more and more obvious who is on which side of the fence, the sheriff is redoubling his commitment to uphold and defend the Constitution. If that's the case then the CCW issue will solve itself.

Thank you Sheriff Sniff for standing up for my rights!!!

wildhawker 02-02-2013 2:03 PM

It's so nice to learn from posts hete that constitutional compliance has a context! I'll have to let Alan Gura know, I don't think we're cutting Sheriff Richards enough slack. I guess these silly "constitutional sheriffs" were right about discretion and subjectivity after all.

Hiknefer 02-02-2013 6:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildhawker (Post 10404644)
It's so nice to learn from posts hete that constitutional compliance has a context! I'll have to let Alan Gura know, I don't think we're cutting Sheriff Richards enough slack. I guess these silly "constitutional sheriffs" were right about discretion and subjectivity after all.

I was under the impression that the Riverside County Sheriff's Department did issue CCWs after making the applicant jump through all the outrageous hoops, which is still better than totally violating the Constitution. I could have sworn that I read on this very forum that RCSD approved 95% of CCW applications received. If I'm mistaken then the issues are bigger than I thought. I'll spend some time researching this when I can. (Or I'm sure someone will correct me within minutes. I'm ready for the onslaught if I'm wrong.)

However, any sheriff who states opposition to the AWB based on Constitutional principles and then fails to issue CCW permits will now disgrace himself further with hypocrisy.

In this case Sheriff Sniff has chosen the side of liberty and adherence to his oath of office. I am certainly willing to take him at his word until proven false. And by that I mean until one single responsible, law-abiding citizen is denied his right to exercise his natural right to self-defense.

wildhawker 02-02-2013 8:38 PM

Hiknefer, Riverside is far from pro-carry and compliant.

Ric 02-02-2013 9:45 PM

Bravo sheriff Sniff.
Well thought out, and written letter.
People like finestein have to be handled with care..... A overly aggressive letter would only make her plant her feet in a childlike manner and cover her ears.

sunrisefordrene 02-02-2013 11:14 PM

Good for us, and good for Sheriff Sniff. I e=mailed him a thank you letter. As for issuing CCW's, I was in the CCW office this past week, and the dry erase board for the classes and range qualifications was FULL...Just have a good reason and don't be a dirtbag, and you will probably get one..

wildhawker 02-02-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunrisefordrene (Post 10410417)
Good for us, and good for Sheriff Sniff. I e=mailed him a thank you letter. As for issuing CCW's, I was in the CCW office this past week, and the dry erase board for the classes and range qualifications was FULL...Just have a good reason and don't be a dirtbag, and you will probably get one..

That's "probably" a long way from Constitutional.

-Brandon

Sakiri 02-02-2013 11:41 PM

As for others, there was an article in the Times-Standard I think it was? Said Humboldt, Del Norte, Mendocino and Siskyou all oppose the AWB as well. Should dig up a link but Im not on my pc.

Hiking CA 02-03-2013 6:46 AM

I'd say it is a step in the right direction. Kudos to Mr. Snif. I wish Gore here in San Diego would write something comparable.

pennys dad 02-03-2013 7:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiking CA (Post 10411775)
I'd say it is a step in the right direction. Kudos to Mr. Snif. I wish Gore here in San Diego would write something comparable.

I agree, Kudos to Sheriff Sniff. I am happy he made the effort and am working up a brief Thank You letter today.

taperxz 02-03-2013 9:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildhawker (Post 10409069)
Hiknefer, Riverside is far from pro-carry and compliant.

While this is probably true and I totally believe you, Since you're so unhappy with Sniff, why don't you write him and tell him what a horrible person he is for drafting and sending that letter to DiFi. A letter that opposes an AWB and has nothing to do with concealed carry.

Wouldn't your position of "chess not checkers". Take precedence here? At some point you need to take what they give you in order to win the war.

wildhawker 02-03-2013 12:06 PM

John, he enforces the CAWB - effectively (sand NFA) the same ban the he purports to oppose.

If I had time to personally address each of the so-called "constitutional sheriffs" I would.

-Brandon

Quote:

Originally Posted by taperxz (Post 10412834)
While this is probably true and I totally believe you, Since you're so unhappy with Sniff, why don't you write him and tell him what a horrible person he is for drafting and sending that letter to DiFi. A letter that opposes an AWB and has nothing to do with concealed carry.

Wouldn't your position of "chess not checkers". Take precedence here? At some point you need to take what they give you in order to win the war.