Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Calgunners in Service (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   My direct commission package is complete. (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=691733)

Snoopy47 01-29-2013 9:37 PM

My direct commission package is complete.

My direct commission package is complete. It will be sent up the chain later this week.

I will know by the end of the summer if I am commissioned or not.

CavTrooper 01-29-2013 9:44 PM

Good luck to you, but with all Ive seen you post here I really hope you grow up before you get a chance to lead men in combat.

Linh 01-29-2013 10:20 PM

Snoopy47 you'll be a great LT, you already know everything so you'll fit in fine, plus it's a fact that LT knows everything until they fail. On that note you'll be real quick to lose your men trust if you act the way you post on here.

Snoopy47 01-29-2013 10:36 PM

Iím 40. I donít think thereís going to be anymore growing up, only growing tired.

My abrasive and less than politically correct approach is a function of my life experiences over the last 40 years.

I stay in my lane. The internet however affords us a great deal of anonymity.

CavTrooper 01-30-2013 6:37 AM

...and there you go.

Letterman52 01-30-2013 6:53 AM

Subscribed. This is going to be nice and tragic.

QQQ 01-30-2013 7:55 AM

I thought that direct commission usually was for chaplains, physicians, lawyers, etc...
If that's the case then no worries about leading men into combat, right?

SGT Loco 01-30-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ (Post 10367125)
I thought that direct commission usually was for chaplains, physicians, lawyers, etc...
If that's the case then no worries about leading men into combat, right?

Into combat or not shouldn't matter. You velcro bars to your chest and you are a leader- you should be able to act like it. I know it's common to see enlisted men make fun of junior officers a lot, but there is damn good reason for it. I have seen more havoc caused by incompetent lieutenants and captains than an entire infantry (I see you up there ;) ) platoon could cause jacked up on smuggled gatorade-vodka and rip its.

That said- good luck. Take this **** seriously, and don't ever assume that you know better than your NCO's, regardless of age and rank.

TAK 01-31-2013 9:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT Loco (Post 10368483)

That said- good luck. Take this **** seriously, and don't ever assume that you know better than your NCO's, regardless of age and rank.

You should just know that your don't know better than your ncos. If they have deployed and you haven't the only difference between you and pfc boot is that you can write orms, call arty in on the wrong position and get paid 3 times as much.

Matt1984 01-31-2013 10:14 AM

Good luck, remember good LT's are instilled by great NCO's. Great leaders start off as good followers.

Raider510 02-01-2013 4:39 AM

And remember that "Attitude reflects Leadership."

If the leadership is poor/crap, the soldiers' morale and everything else will be too.

MRX9989 02-03-2013 9:49 PM

Was there a reason you chose direct commissioning over OCS?

I'm not sure what component you are in but the National Guard often only grants direct commissions for medical and allied branches, regardless of prior enlisted service. Everyone else is usually directed to apply for OCS.