Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Templar Sports and the 2nd Amendment (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=691502)

Templar Sports 01-29-2013 4:28 PM

Templar Sports and the 2nd Amendment

Templar Sports in Los Gatos, CA wants to thank CalGunners, the GS 2nd Amendment Council, CAL-FFL, CalGuns Foundation, the NRA, Don Kilmer and all those who have poured out to support us on all the meetings. Your continued support has had great impact in terms of being sure our rights are preserved. (Updated 4/11/13)

That being said, the Town of Los Gatos has moved on to continue to have meetings on the topic of gun shops, future gun shops, zoning and further regulating shops to the strictest levels in the state of CA.

Mark your calendars as the Town has put on their 2013 Work Plan And Schedule Draft to hold meetings:
*Firearms Sales Moratorium Extension - April 15, 2013
*Firearms Sales Moratorium/Measures - Spring/Summer

The next upcoming meeting will be held on Monday, April 15th at 7pm at 110 East Main St, Los Gatos in the Council Chambers. The Town Council will be considering a 10 month extension of the moratorium on firearm businesses in Los Gatos as well as other potential topics that could impact Templar Sports in the future.

Any and all support for the cause will be greatly appreciated. This is not just about our rights as business owners but more importantly our rights as a community. Please get the word out and help us in our 2nd Amendment fight. Please be mindful and courteous to others views and please represent our community in a positive manner

Monday April 15th, 2013
110 East Main Street, Los Gatos, CA 95030
Town Center - Council Chambers
Meeting is at 7pm - Best to arrive by 6:00pm to get seats inside the Chamber.
Please dress business casual and respect the views of others.

If you cannot attend the meeting, please email your support for the shop to the Town Manager and Council Members:

manager@LosGatosCA.gov
bspector@losgatosca.gov
sleonardis@losgatosca.gov
dmcnutt@losgatosca.gov
jpirzynski@losgatosca.gov

Thanks for your continued support,

The Staff and Owners of Templar Sports

anthonyca 01-29-2013 4:32 PM

What time is the meeting and at what address?

Redchevyman 01-29-2013 4:36 PM

Lets make it a standing room only event.

alfred1222 01-29-2013 4:50 PM

Post info and I'll be there

Templar Sports 01-29-2013 5:17 PM

Here is a quick link

http://www.templarsports.net/Town-Meeting-Info.html

February 4th-2013- 7pm- 110 East Main St, Los Gatos, CA 95030
Standing room only would be awesome. We only ask that as members of a community that has come under a significant amount of fire lately, we exercise as much restraint as we can. Bearing in mind that many people who oppose us are ignorant of not just CA law but also simple firearms facts. Patience will indeed be a virtue that we must all exhibit.
We will continue to fight the good fight and look forward to standing tall with all our supporters Monday Night.
Thanks for the support.
Templar Sports

jpigeon 01-29-2013 5:43 PM

Wish you guys luck. A bit too far for us 9-5 socal peoples

Templar Sports 01-29-2013 5:49 PM

Bay Area Store fighting for 2A rights.

We here at Templar Sports in Los Gatos, CA have an upcoming public Town Council meeting on Monday, Feb. 4. Our shop and future shops are going to be the topic. There has been a very vocal anti/protest group in action here in Los Gatos looking to prevent us from doing business here in the area and also curtailing any attempt at expansion.

Templar and its supporters are trying to rally as many people to come and support us at the meeting but also want to now engage the Calguns side of the community, now that it is confirmed that we are the topic of the meeting.

Any and all support for the cause will be greatly appreciated. This is not just about our rights as business owners but more importantly our rights as a community. Please get the word out and help us in our 2nd Amendment fight.

http://www.templarsports.net/Town-Meeting-Info.html

Thanks for the support
Templar Sports

bluenoise 01-29-2013 5:52 PM

I can't make it to that meeting but I wish you luck.

GW 01-29-2013 5:54 PM

I'll be there!

Templar Sports 01-29-2013 6:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GW (Post 10362446)
I'll be there!

Fantastic.

Thanks.
Templar Sports

Templar Sports 01-29-2013 6:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluenoise (Post 10362416)
I can't make it to that meeting but I wish you luck.

We appreciate the support even if you can't be there.

Thanks
Templar Sports

Ubermcoupe 01-29-2013 7:16 PM

I will not be in town @ that time, but I support y’all 100%. Thanks for bringing a shop closer to area! :)

TS77 01-29-2013 7:29 PM

Probalby won't be able to make it, but I'll let a couple friends know

Just.a.guy 01-29-2013 7:33 PM

I will try to make it. I came in with my brothers and father shortly after you opened, you guys gave us a tour. I've been impressed so far, so I will try to support you guys at the meeting Monday.

nothinghere2c 01-29-2013 7:35 PM

hopefully i'll be able to make this one

alfred1222 01-29-2013 7:50 PM

I'll be there!

HKMadness 01-29-2013 8:04 PM

Good luck in the belly of the beast. With all those Yee, newsom, Harris, et al supporters, you're gonna need it.

Sakiri 01-29-2013 8:48 PM

+1 in the support dept.

I'm way too far out of the way to make a showing, but I can cheer you on none the less.

kosherbacon 01-29-2013 9:18 PM

I wish I came to know of this new store under better circumstances.

NapalmCheese 01-29-2013 9:32 PM

My buddy is stoked to attend and if all goes well, I'll be there too.

Heck, I'll even shave.

Ike Arumba 01-29-2013 9:54 PM

I plan to come. How's the parking?

alfred1222 01-29-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike Arumba (Post 10365250)

no clue, anyone want to carpool from the silver creek area?

Templar Sports 01-29-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ike Arumba (Post 10365250)

Parking should relatively easy. Lots of it in and around the area.
This is a big one for us so again any and all support is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Templar Sports.

10mm 01-29-2013 10:46 PM

What's with the name of the store?

wjc 01-29-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10mm (Post 10365688)
What's with the name of the store?

um...Templar Sports?

Guys, what particular issues are you facing?

zoning, regulations?

jlb 01-30-2013 3:42 AM

What time is the meeting on Monday?

carb1a4h 01-30-2013 6:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Templar Sports (Post 10362371)

Click the link, all the info is there.

Templar Sports 01-30-2013 7:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wjc (Post 10365788)
um...Templar Sports?

zoning, regulations?

We are presently facing a back lash from concerned residents about the the imagined dangers posed by having a sports store that sells firearms in their community. Since the tragic events of Dec 14th the local anti gun lobby has been pushing hard to have our rights to do business removed. They want us to go away because the believe that we pose an imminent threat to the overall safety of the area. A lot of the negative attention is coming from residents who are extremely anti gun and want America disarmed, to say it politely. We at Templar want to be free to conduct business in the legal and responsible way that we have been doing without harassment. Many groups are already behind us including the local PD and other businesses.
Thanks for the support.
Templar Sports

HKMadness 01-30-2013 8:07 AM

Quote:

um...Templar Sports?

zoning, regulations?

The community is full of a bunch of libtard, Brady bunch antis. There was a heavily biased local media "report" that didn't help, and a calgunner gave an interview about the store, and it was hacked up before being slapped onto the "report".

I support you guys, but if the community you're in doesnt have much of it, that's gonna be real tough. As you obviously already know.

DeanW66 01-30-2013 10:51 AM

I'm already committed to something else Monday eve on the other side of the hill. Any chance you could put together a short petition "The people below are in support of allowing Templar to stay in LG" where I and others could sign. Kind of like a petition for a referendum or something. I'd be happy to stop by this weekend and sign it.

rp55 01-30-2013 11:07 AM

I recall Brian Sussman on KSFO asking for any information on meetings like this. He may already be aware of it but I have sent him an email just in case. Someone from Calguns or Templar Sports who gives good phone may want to call in the Morning Show and dicuss this.

CBruce 01-30-2013 12:34 PM

Will try to attend and spread the word amongst other co-workers/gun owners at Cryptic right up the road on University.

rplusplus 01-30-2013 12:38 PM

It's not the Los Gatos I remember. I wish I could be there but I send my best wishes to your success. LGHS '86 Graduate. Last time I was in LG it was not anywhere near the way I remembered it.

Good Luck.

DeanW66 01-30-2013 12:48 PM

Already replied in the other thread. Like I said there, can't make it but what about a petition I could sign in the store to show support?

10mm 01-30-2013 1:55 PM

Quote:

um...Templar Sports?

zoning, regulations?

Thanks for the reply but still didn't answer my question regarding the name of this store.

nicki 01-30-2013 2:24 PM

Los Gatos.

To refresh people's memories.

Former Los Gatos Chief of Police Larry Todd was hostile to gun rights.

Expect the anti's to cry about protecting the "children" or how this type of business will attract "unsavory characters" to the town.

What will happen to Los Gatos if our kind are coming into their town.

Los Gatos is not a "dry town", they have bars. I bring this up because if they truly were concerned about "public safety", they wouldn't allow commercial sales of alcohol.

Nicki

Ike Arumba 01-30-2013 2:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10mm (Post 10371452)
Thanks for the reply but still didn't answer my question regarding the name of this store.

Sure he did. Templar Sports.

DC-8 01-30-2013 3:14 PM

I'll be there.

Happy to support a local business, especially a firearms business. I'd encourage any local Calgunners to make it if you can.

jorgyusa 01-30-2013 3:15 PM

I will be there. Lets pack the house with good pro-rights people.

Jorgy

JoeyJ 01-30-2013 3:23 PM

Just marked down the date, see you there!