Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   I need a loan.... (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=685555)

ThE_LoNgShOt 01-22-2013 3:47 PM

I need a loan....
 
I'm reaching out to see if there might be a calgunner out there who can help me... I need 6 to 8 month loan for $3000. I've got solid income and I'm a stable guy. Went through some financial challenges a while back and I'm still repairing my credit. Rather than sign up for a high interest loan from a standard lender, I thought I might see if there was anyone here that might be able to help me out. I've sold some guns and other items, but I'd rather not sell everything if I can avoid it. I just need a hand up..... PM me if you think you might be willing to discuss further.

ThE_LoNgShOt 01-28-2013 1:04 PM

bump

keenkeen 01-28-2013 1:07 PM

Not sure how much you are looking for but guns are selling well right now...maybe sell one or two and raise the cash you need?

Ammo is selling well also.

paul0660 01-28-2013 1:09 PM

HOW MUCH?

What is ridiculous interest?

odysseus 01-28-2013 1:20 PM

Honestly just to help, you need to change your sales pitch. I mean that in the best of ways, you are not presenting an enticing proposition on a few basic and essential levels.

Saying that, outside of normal institutional channels, there are some places online that house private peer loan arrangements. A google search will reveal a few common sites. However it might not meet your goals, since that is unknown from your post.

Best of luck, money is cheap right now so hopefully you can secure something - but there is a higher watermark for entry.

rdawg 01-28-2013 1:49 PM

A few years back I was in a situation where I needed $8000 to consolidate some super high interest rate credit cards (25%apr)

I had less that good credit and found about Lending Club online.

You have to sell yourself and the reason for the loan. Many individuals (investors) fund your loan and they can be really picky.

I luckily got my loan fully funded at almost a 12% interest rate. Less than I was paying and lowered my monthly payment a little too.

Its not for everyone and not everyone who applies gets a loan.

Just a thought.

ThE_LoNgShOt 01-29-2013 9:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul0660 (Post 10348361)
HOW MUCH?

What is ridiculous interest?

I'm looking to borrow $3000 for 6 to 8 months. Ridiculous interest is something in the high 20's....

ThE_LoNgShOt 01-29-2013 9:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keenkeen (Post 10348345)
Not sure how much you are looking for but guns are selling well right now...maybe sell one or two and raise the cash you need?

Ammo is selling well also.

I have let a couple guns go recently and that helped.... I just don't want to sell everything I have if I can avoid it.

ThE_LoNgShOt 01-29-2013 9:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odysseus (Post 10348457)
Honestly just to help, you need to change your sales pitch. I mean that in the best of ways, you are not presenting an enticing proposition on a few basic and essential levels.

Saying that, outside of normal institutional channels, there are some places online that house private peer loan arrangements. A google search will reveal a few common sites. However it might not meet your goals, since that is unknown from your post.

Best of luck, money is cheap right now so hopefully you can secure something - but there is a higher watermark for entry.

Thanks for the input.... You make a lot of sense. I've never looked for financial assistance in this way before. this is the first time I've found myself in this situation. I'm going to amend my original post to be a bit more specific.

kemasa 01-29-2013 12:42 PM

A private loan over 10% interest is illegal, btw.

manuelcardenas77 01-29-2013 12:48 PM

Sounds like he's trying to buy, a fancy name AR,1k in ammo and 6 pmags...

ThE_LoNgShOt 01-29-2013 4:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manuelcardenas77 (Post 10359214)
Sounds like he's trying to buy, a fancy name AR,1k in ammo and 6 pmags...

Man, I wish...

manuelcardenas77 01-29-2013 4:14 PM

On the real hopefully you find a lender bro!

ThE_LoNgShOt 01-29-2013 4:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manuelcardenas77 (Post 10361271)
On the real hopefully you find a lender bro!

Thanks, me too!

sigstroker 01-30-2013 2:15 PM

Maybe offer up some of your guns as security.

ThE_LoNgShOt 01-31-2013 10:22 PM

Bump

Futurecollector 02-04-2013 12:34 AM

This thread is a real.... Longshot....


ok anyways, Good luck man! I would check into the lending club as someone else posted.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.