Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Not Willing To Ship To California (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=681501)

caw446 01-17-2013 5:33 PM

Not Willing To Ship To California

I know I know, this one has been beat to death around here... But I absolutely hate looking on GB, finding a rifle (in this case) I want to buy thats available, and the sellers are not willing to ship to California. I totally understand the current outlook, but with the utilization of tools such as the bullet button it makes them totally legal here, albeit not for long maybe. Just bends me up, and some of those sellers even go as far as saying, "If you live in California or any other fascist dictator state that believes it should disarm its citizens for their own safety or where this is already illegal don’t bother." Hello, has this person turned on the tv lately??? This is gonna be all of us pretty soon if we lose the current fight, so I'd say let's all get armed to the teeth while we still can and enjoy our 2A. I guess I'm just venting...

br1an 01-17-2013 5:47 PM

I heard a story from a CA dealer who called a distributor in TX trying to order (I think) springfield M1A rifles, and the distributor told him he does not ship to California because we are bad gun owners who let our rights be taken away from us. Haha.

Justintoxicated 01-17-2013 5:47 PM

Yea these people and businesses just make it worse for everyone in the long run. By making it harder for people in California, new laws will only trickle back to them in the long run.

It's like this: Hey you live in California, so we don't want to help you get anything. Then it's oh ****, now every state is becoming like California. Well buddy you just contributed to making it that way by not allowing us to maintain the rights we still have.

ZX-10R 01-17-2013 5:56 PM

Until voters change their ways in this state, serves CA right.

Tmckinney 01-17-2013 7:03 PM

I can't stand it either. But I am comforted by the fact that the price is often lower on such a firearm so the seller is taking a hit for being an ***.

Arthur84 01-17-2013 7:30 PM

Persistence

I personally have had good luck with out of state dealers on gunbroker. I think it just takes a lot of persistence and communication. It may take a few messages to the seller asking if they'd work with us in ca.
From their point of view, they don't want to ship something into ca, only to find out that the purchaser can't legally dros it, and that person is now demanding a refund. For all the good ones there are ten ignorant ones that will not even consider working with us.
There are good sellers out there that Are Cali educated, You may just have to reassure them that we aren't that screwed up here and that what they are selling isn't completely illegal here.

Aidenpeacemaker 01-17-2013 8:05 PM

yup

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZX-10R (Post 10238761)
Until voters change their ways in this state, serves CA right.

its true ..we let it happen ..now we have to dig are selfs out

kingsfan8888 01-17-2013 8:26 PM

I wouldn't. Not worth the hastle.

empty the mag 01-17-2013 8:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aidenpeacemaker (Post 10240251)
its true ..we let it happen ..now we have to dig are selfs out

Ain't gonna happen.

rockstar 01-17-2013 8:48 PM

not everyone is knowledgeable enough about the CA laws. some think all californians are leftist hippies or something because we live in a Democrat state so they feel we deserve all the gun restrictions.

Grumpyoldretiredcop 01-17-2013 9:22 PM

Take note of who they are, resolve to never do business with them even if they do offer something they'll sell to CA (or NY or wherever) and move on with life. Not worth your trouble.

Better yet, find something you want to sell (a magazine would be a good choice), put it up on GB with a notice "if you have posted an ad stating 'no sales to CA' or anything similar, you can't buy this" and watch the fun. I did it on Arfcom and some of the comments were quite amusing.

DanHuuN 01-17-2013 9:35 PM

But another argument is;

We (California) set gun laws that could be adopted by others, thus making us the trend (a bad way) setters. I dont hate on dealers/stores/etc. who wont ship to CA. We cant take it personal, they are pro-actively not supporting CA as an entirety.

snorky 01-17-2013 9:39 PM

Sure, it sucks that some out of state dealers won't ship to us, but hey, they're essentially saying "No thanks, we don't want your money, go give it to one of our competitors."

Fine with me if you don't want my money. I'll take my business somewhere else.

GM4spd 01-18-2013 3:28 AM

I recently tried to buy a pair of wood grips for a Colt Pyhton and the guy
said he would not ship to CA.Seriously considering writing to GB and see if
they can't amend their rules for selling to keep people from discriminating on
items that are clearly not regulated by an FFL. Pete

underworld 01-18-2013 4:09 AM

Lesson learned next election you know who to vote:cool2:

NOTABIKER 01-18-2013 4:38 AM

being a gun owner in California is starting to be like being a surfer in Kansas.

sfbay 01-18-2013 4:59 AM

There's an FFL in San Jose that will call on out of state FFL to help them through the process. He's helped me out on several guns.

mlevans66 01-18-2013 5:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justintoxicated (Post 10238678)
Yea these people and businesses just make it worse for everyone in the long run. By making it harder for people in California, new laws will only trickle back to them in the long run.

It's like this: Hey you live in California, so we don't want to help you get anything. Then it's oh ****, now every state is becoming like California. Well buddy you just contributed to making it that way by not allowing us to maintain the rights we still have.

Nope, not going to happen. Other states where already making laws against a fed gun ban just in case and Kali law pushers where ready to outlaw "millitary grade" hollow points just to look good. Nope not gonna happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GM4spd (Post 10242761)
I recently tried to buy a pair of wood grips for a Colt Pyhton and the guy
said he would not ship to CA.Seriously considering writing to GB and see if
they can't amend their rules for selling to keep people from discriminating on
items that are clearly not regulated by an FFL. Pete

Why? If they don't want to ship to Kali then buy somewhere else. That's the problem with Kali, aways trying to push your way on others when they tell you no. They don't want to support us then fine move on. No we have to force them to make changes that work for our stupid laws cause fools voted to take away our rights and we want others to accept our bass ackwards ways. :facepalm:

the big ravioli 01-18-2013 5:37 AM

There is a guy on Gun Broker who will bring it in to his FFL in TX. Then transfer it to your FFL in Ca.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=326436259

Might or might not help you but it's worth a look

Nodda Duma 01-18-2013 5:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpyoldretiredcop (Post 10241087)
Take note of who they are, resolve to never do business with them even if they do offer something they'll sell to CA (or NY or wherever) and move on with life. Not worth your trouble.

Better yet, find something you want to sell (a magazine would be a good choice), put it up on GB with a notice "if you have posted an ad stating 'no sales to CA' or anything similar, you can't buy this" and watch the fun. I did it on Arfcom and some of the comments were quite amusing.

Good idea... I'll make a point to do this in the future.

The truth may start to sink in if this message comes from somewhere like the Live Free or Die state.

caw446 01-18-2013 6:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpyoldretiredcop (Post 10241087)

That's pretty funny!

someR1 01-18-2013 8:28 AM

sometimes they will ship to a middleman like in NV .

ScottB 01-18-2013 8:41 AM

I have seen ads for antique flintlocks and cap and ball guns that say no sales to Calfornia. WTF? I think some of these guys are just freezing their arses off in some forgotten peehole and are trying to make themselves feel better by hating on CA. Those ones probably wouldn't sell us a can opener.

someR1 01-18-2013 9:04 AM

a lot of sellers don't understand CA law, nor do they want to learn, so they just refuse to deal with us.

Oh well, they won't get my business :D

paul0660 01-18-2013 9:10 AM

An IQ test is not part of becoming a FFL.

Nodda Duma 01-18-2013 6:26 PM

I put up an auction and included a note saying

Quote:

NOTICE:

If you've ever restricted or denied auction winnings of lawful items to law abiding Americans due solely to their location, ie "No Sale to Kommiefornia" or the like, DO NOT BID!! Seller reserves the right to refuse sale based on this caveat.

E PLURIBUS UNUM!
I'll be adding it to all my future auctions there as well.

Time to punish those who don't stand with their fellow American gun owners!

(I'd post a link so you could see, but I don't want to plug my auction)

caw446 01-18-2013 6:48 PM

One word, amazing...

RobGR 01-18-2013 6:59 PM

CAW446, you can also do an advanced search on GB for sellers/auctions just in CA. This is how I've handled some of my purchases in the past, otherwise, it's just a brick wall for the most part.

Dinosaur Jr 01-18-2013 7:51 PM

Someday...I will escape this backwards state and remove my bullet buttons. There will be much rejoicing and merriment. I will dance the Dance of Joy & Jubilee...

caw446 01-18-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobGR (Post 10250503)
CAW446, you can also do an advanced search on GB for sellers/auctions just in CA. This is how I've handled some of my purchases in the past, otherwise, it's just a brick wall for the most part.

RobGR, good info. Never thought of narrowing down search for local auctions...Much appreciated.

glock7 01-19-2013 7:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKS-762 (Post 10250983)
Someday...I will escape this backwards state and remove my bullet buttons. There will be much rejoicing and merriment. I will dance the Dance of Joy & Jubilee...

^amen, i am very close to leaving, but not close enough. it is only the beginning of the end for CA gun owners. I think CA will not be out done by NY with their 7 round mags. the fight is on, on the national level and the state level for us here in CA.

glock7 01-19-2013 7:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someR1 (Post 10244364)
sometimes they will ship to a middleman like in NV .

that's what i do or i use my contact in NV to help me out.;)