Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   California handguns (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Shot Show 2013 | Glock Announcements (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=680860)

GunVault.TV 01-16-2013 10:17 PM

Shot Show 2013 | Glock Announcements
 
Sorry it took so long to get something up, but here is a first hand look at the items GLOCK unveiled at the Shot Show this week.


nothinghere2c 01-16-2013 10:26 PM

is the glock 30S the supposed "big announcement" that was coming?

has anyone held one? how did it feel compared to regular blocks?

GunVault.TV 01-16-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nothinghere2c (Post 10231215)
is the glock 30S the supposed "big announcement" that was coming?

has anyone held one? how did it feel compared to regular blocks?

There were really two big announcements that they were pushing. The first being the GLOCK 30s which has been rumored and pictured throughout the internet for the last couple of months, and the second was GLOCK ID their online community that will be going live in February.

As for the G30s it is basically a 30SF frame with a G36 upper, so if you have ever shot that configuration, you've pretty much shot the 30s. It allows for the slimness of the G36 with the double stack magazine capacity of the G30SF.

NSR500 01-16-2013 10:33 PM

No Glock Carbine or Glock 1911?


:shifty:

GunVault.TV 01-16-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSR500 (Post 10231282)
No Glock Carbine or Glock 1911?
:shifty:

Unfortunately, nothing that they were willing to speak to on camera. We did ask, and were told that "they cannot comment on those projects". One could take that to mean that the projects are on going and they just cannot comment on them, or that there is nothing in the works.....

Only time will tell....

nothinghere2c 01-16-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunVault.TV (Post 10231254)
There were really two big announcements that they were pushing. The first being the GLOCK 30s which has been rumored and pictured throughout the internet for the last couple of months, and the second was GLOCK ID their online community that will be going live in February.

As for the G30s it is basically a 30SF frame with a G36 upper, so if you have ever shot that configuration, you've pretty much shot the 30s. It allows for the slimness of the G36 with the double stack magazine capacity of the G30SF.

i've yet to actually hold the SF or any other short frame model as nobody in my area ever has them in stock :(

the glock ID thing was pretty underwhelming and seems sort of pointless

Bill Carson 01-16-2013 10:37 PM

Fail at the 4:25 mark.

GunVault.TV 01-16-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nothinghere2c (Post 10231301)
i've yet to actually hold the SF or any other short frame model as nobody in my area ever has them in stock :(

the glock ID thing was pretty underwhelming and seems sort of pointless

The short frames are exactly that a little bit shorter than their counter parts which are a little more friendly to smaller hands. I know there is a GSSF Match in Richmond later this year, and I am sure that someone there will have a G30SF or G30s that they'll let you at least handle if not try first hand.

As for GLOCK ID, it seems promising, but only time will tell if it catches on. The idea of patches and points that you can trade in for GLOCK merchandise or discounts does give it an advantage above some of the other forums out there.

Corbin Dallas 01-17-2013 5:31 AM

Fail.

I put my g36 slide on my g30 frame years ago when people said it couldn't be done.

Where is the g21s single stack full size?

NSR500 01-17-2013 6:42 AM

Glock failed. Heck, even Carcal has a carbine to show.

GunVault.TV 01-17-2013 6:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corbin Dallas (Post 10232474)
Fail.
Where is the g21s single stack full size?

I know you were not the only one disappointed about the unveiling, but all they were pushing was GLOCK ID, the G30s, and the Gen4 10mm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NSR500 (Post 10232814)
Glock failed. Heck, even Carcal has a carbine to show.

We had a chance to meet up with Carcal about their latest offerings, and they make a nice pistol under the $500 price point.

crackerman 01-17-2013 7:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corbin Dallas (Post 10232474)
Fail.

I put my g36 slide on my g30 frame years ago when people said it couldn't be done.

How is this a fail? At SHOT last year I was talking with a Cop at the Glock booth that said he had done that and the Glock Guys were going "yeah we've heard of people doing that..."

Clearly they had an idea coming but to get a factory offering saves you at least 500 bucks since you do not have to buy to guns and you get the factory warranty.

If I can SSE or ppt one of these I have a new carry peice that I can finally afford and enjoy in .45

DRAB_81 01-17-2013 8:14 AM

The G30S sounds like a good idea, but it's actually pretty pointless. When compared to a standard G30SF, it only shaves off 3oz & the slide is a whopping 0.07" slimmer. The differences are not worth it IMO, to justify buying a factory built FrankenGlock. My G30SF (and soon to be GEN 4 G30) is definitely a "fat" gun, but that's the price you pay for a SHOOTABLE compact 45 that holds 10+1 rounds.

GunVault.TV 01-17-2013 9:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crackerman (Post 10233297)
If I can SSE or ppt one of these I have a new carry peice that I can finally afford and enjoy in .45

The G30s is a Gen3 so it will be available in California.

code33 01-17-2013 9:53 AM

I think it is considered a new model gun so it will not be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunVault.TV (Post 10234174)
The G30s is a Gen3 so it will be available in California.


GunVault.TV 01-17-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by code33 (Post 10234239)
I think it is considered a new model gun so it will not be.

Hmmmm.... That's not what we were told. I guess everyone will know shortly.

beretta929mm 01-17-2013 1:41 PM

I foresee an array of new weapons being released after the successor of Gaston takes over. Think of Ruger...now and then.

Lumpia is sarap! 01-17-2013 2:40 PM

Hey, I got a GunVault miniVault and the touch combination mechanism died...even when there's a fresh set of batteries in it.

Tried to call you guys, but can't get a live person. Can you help me with this?

mif_slim 01-17-2013 3:51 PM

I was thinking it was going to be a glock 19 with a Glock logo and 2013 etched on it. Lol.

postal 01-17-2013 3:57 PM

Underwhelming to say the least.

Sure.... Let me just upload all my firearms info make model serial up to your website..... that sounds like a great idea. And my working hours, and my alarm code, and my bank card pin while I'm at it....

Sounds like a great idea!

postal 01-17-2013 3:57 PM

Underwhelming to say the least.

Sure.... Let me just upload all my firearms info make model serial up to your website..... that sounds like a great idea. And my working hours, and my alarm code, and my bank card pin while I'm at it....

Sounds like a great idea!

Red Devil 01-17-2013 7:16 PM

Well, w/ the recent NY Tyranny?

Maybe Glock will sell so many G36's that they can justify a Gen 4 upgrade. A little shorter width and back-strap scales would be nice.

...Or maybe a 7 round single-stack .40 version.

Mr.1904 01-17-2013 7:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAB_81 (Post 10233490)
The G30S sounds like a good idea, but it's actually pretty pointless. When compared to a standard G30SF, it only shaves off 3oz & the slide is a whopping 0.07" slimmer. The differences are not worth it IMO, to justify buying a factory built FrankenGlock. My G30SF (and soon to be GEN 4 G30) is definitely a "fat" gun, but that's the price you pay for a SHOOTABLE compact 45 that holds 10+1 rounds.

You'd be surprised what .07" can do though.

smittty 01-17-2013 8:16 PM

I was really hoping for a single stack 9mm. I guess I'll be looking for the Shield or the XDs9.

Yugo 01-18-2013 2:03 AM

what do you guys think about the quality of the interview not judging the content but the interview quality?

Seaweed02 01-18-2013 4:39 AM

GunVault TV
 
Say GunVault TV,

I have a Gen 4 Glock 20 on order with my local gun store right now. It has been on order for over a week now, but I just went in yesterday to check on it and the guy said no distributor has them yet. Any Idea when they will be releasing the Glock 20 Gen 4?

By the way I appreciate your report on shot show. Nice job.

GunVault.TV 01-18-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpia is sarap! (Post 10236743)
Hey, I got a GunVault miniVault and the touch combination mechanism died...even when there's a fresh set of batteries in it.

Tried to call you guys, but can't get a live person. Can you help me with this?

The name is similar, but we have no affiliation with the safe manufacturer. We're strictly a media/television outlet. Sorry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaweed02 (Post 10242894)
Say GunVault TV,

I have a Gen 4 Glock 20 on order with my local gun store right now. It has been on order for over a week now, but I just went in yesterday to check on it and the guy said no distributor has them yet. Any Idea when they will be releasing the Glock 20 Gen 4?

By the way I appreciate your report on shot show. Nice job.

We spoke with GLOCK last night at their private reception and from what we're told they have 600K guns currently on order and that it really depends on the model, but if you placed an order last week you prolly won't see it until summer.

Red Devil 01-18-2013 1:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunVault.TV (Post 10245596)
...We spoke with GLOCK last night at their private reception and from what we're told they have 600K guns currently on order and that it really depends on the model, but if you placed an order last week you prolly won't see it until summer.

Only 600,000 back-ordered...?!?

Slackers.

Get w/ the program there Glock. Feed the squirrel or hire more chimps. :D

GunVault.TV 01-18-2013 4:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Devil (Post 10247002)
Only 600,000 back-ordered...?!?

Slackers.

Get w/ the program there Glock. Feed the squirrel or hire more chimps. :D

From what they told us they're at full capacity doing the best they can.

Yugo 01-21-2013 9:04 AM


Lead Waster 01-21-2013 9:35 AM

So it was about as big and exciting as Donald Trump's birther challenge? :p


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.