Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Deals, Sales and Coupons (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   20% off HF coupon for Exec Safe (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=680469)

aridon99 01-16-2013 9:37 AM

20% off HF coupon for Exec Safe

I'm in the market for an inexpensive gun/rifle safe (less than $300) and the harbor freight executive safe seems to fit the bill just fine. I saw an old thread where folks talked about a coupon. After some digging with google, it seems I found one good for this month! So I thought I share it with CGers.

Current link to the safe I want to pick up

Current link to the 20% off Jan/2013 coupon

For a cheap 'safe' and not a gun cabinet with thin metal walls, I think this is a decent deal for the money. Let me know if you find anything better under $300.

Enjoy!

JDay 01-20-2013 12:40 AM

That "safe" is crap. You could cut it open pretty quick and probably pry the doors open in under a minute.

TigerShark 01-20-2013 2:06 AM

Most of the stuff at Harbor Freight is pretty much crap. I'm not saying I don't buy things there but I expect their goods to be several steps down on the quality totem pole and they rarely let me down.
I have not seen this safe though so maybe it's the exception and of very high quality.

sd_shooter 01-20-2013 5:32 AM

For the $$, you'd be better off getting a Stack On security cabinet.

That $300 is the price you'd pay for a 'real' entry level fireproof safe at HD or Lowes (when on sale, Thanksgiving or other holiday.) I'd wait for something like that if you're looking for decent quality. The lock in particular probably isn't great on the HF model.

I'm an avid HF shopper and their stuff is hit and miss.

Things that are good:
- Monkey wrenches
- Work gloves
- Allen wrenches
- Sand blasting tools, other air tools
- The LED flashlights
- USB solar panels (compare to Failzero, except only 25% of the cost)
- Generators
- Presses
- Vices
- Garden tools
- Camping gear (compare flint fire starter @ $2 to REI @ $15, same exact thing)

Things that are junk:
- grinding wheels/discs/tips
- screwdrivers
- drill presses

X231 01-20-2013 10:05 AM

The Harbor Freight safe is not DOJ approved. It is better than nothing but calling it a "safe" is a real stretch of the imagination. With that said I bought one on sale with the coupon and I think it was around $270 otd. I bought it with the sole intent of it being nothing more than an ammo cabinet. For a gun safe I would save my money a little longer and get a real safe. Even some of the "real safes" aren't ;)

JDay 01-20-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerShark (Post 10262142)
Most of the stuff at Harbor Freight is pretty much crap. I'm not saying I don't buy things there but I expect their goods to be several steps down on the quality totem pole and they rarely let me down.
I have not seen this safe though so maybe it's the exception and of very high quality.

This safe is either 12 or 14 gauge steel. Anything under 10 gauge can be quickly cut open. Not that a thief would need to with that cheap digital lock on there. That "safe" can likely be defeated in under 60 seconds.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2