Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   L.A. Chapter (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=290)
-   -   Gunsmith recommendations? (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=679462)

madoka 01-15-2013 7:57 AM

Gunsmith recommendations?
 
Does anyone have any recommendations for a gunsmith around West Covina?

I need to have fiber optic sights put into some handguns and some rifle work on a AK and ARs. Thanks.

Socalman 01-18-2013 9:12 AM

I have not used anyone, but have been told the gunsmith at Gunrunners in Duarte is good.

Kendoman 01-20-2013 12:51 PM

Used Bain and Davis in San Gabriel they are pretty good

JoshuaS 01-20-2013 3:51 PM

The gunsmith at Gunrunner is good, but he recommended to me Bain and Davis in San Gabriel once for refinishing an old gun! He said he was slower than they are.

If it were just the site, Gunrunners is fine. They are good people, helpful. But they aren't fastest and are easily swamped it seems to me...went there to get help changing out an after market rear sight for the factory one, and they told me to come back next week as they couldn't get to me. Haven't been to Bain and Davis (will be soon), but many have recommended it to me

YZFNYC 04-18-2013 10:47 AM

I've used Bain and Davis and they did an awesome job installing the sights on my M&P 22 Pistol and they also bore sighted my S&W M&P 15-22 and it was hitting steel at 200 meters without an adjustment. They did my pistol with next day service and my rifle while I waited. They are good for general questions and work well with newbies like myself because they generally seem to be awesome people. I loved the place. They didn't have the scope covers for me but they were nice enough to measure them and tell me what to order on Amazon. Also told me to not waste money on 22lr snap caps to buy Hillman Plastic Drywall Anchors in #4-6-8 x 7/8 "The Yellow Ones" $89 cents compared to $12.99 for snap caps. lol

Jchan112 04-22-2013 12:09 PM

I go to jan Merson @ American firearms & gunsmith in la habra

madoka 04-22-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jchan112 (Post 11160498)
I go to jan Merson @ American firearms & gunsmith in la habra

I can't recommend him. I took a handgun there to get new sights installed. The guy working on the gun scrapped off all the blue down to bare metal on either side of the sight. When I pointed that out to them, they used a magic marker to try and cover it up. To add a final injury, I took it to the range and found that it is sighted low and to the right. I'm going to have to have it redone. :facepalm:

foxtrotuniformlima 05-01-2013 8:16 AM

Try Dave's Metal Works in Covina.

http://davesmetalworks.com/

(626) 859-0299

c3 rolling 05-15-2013 2:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxtrotuniformlima (Post 11236258)
Try Dave's Metal Works in Covina.

http://davesmetalworks.com/

(626) 859-0299

good guy

BREACH 06-10-2013 7:30 PM

Bumping this thread in search of a gunsmith near Torrance/ west LA.

I just need some minor milling done on the trunion of my ak. It should be a quick job, but very little room for error.
Can anyone point me towards someone who is known for quality work and experience with the ak platform?

pigpen66m 06-10-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BREACH (Post 11556589)
Bumping this thread in search of a gunsmith near Torrance/ west LA.

I just need some minor milling done on the trunion of my ak. It should be a quick job, but very little room for error.
Can anyone point me towards someone who is known for quality work and experience with the ak platform?

Try Randall goes by ar 15 barrels he's in Van Nuys.

BREACH 06-12-2013 6:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigpen66m (Post 11558028)
Try Randall goes by ar 15 barrels he's in Van Nuys.

Seems that the services they offer are very ar-15/barrel related, though I will email them and ask if they have any experience with what I need done.


Any one else have a rec?

I can't believe the lack of reputable gunsmiths in LA, seems San Diego is packed with them.

pigpen66m 06-13-2013 7:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BREACH (Post 11572968)
Seems that the services they offer are very ar-15/barrel related, though I will email them and ask if they have any experience with what I need done.


Any one else have a rec?

I can't believe the lack of reputable gunsmiths in LA, seems San Diego is packed with them.

I believe he does work on AKs but not sure.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.