Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   California handguns (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   GLOCK 30S - Elite Tactical (Commercial) (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=678784)

GRP17 01-14-2013 12:44 PM

GLOCK 30S - Elite Tactical (Commercial)
 
Watch this video about the new 30S, a conceal-and-carry hybrid pistol featuring impressive stopping power. Its compact design and simple operation allow smooth drawing in a .45 caliber pistol. The 30S packs 10 rounds of .45 ACP in a package that fits the hands of most any user. The G30S is easy to use, easy to conceal and tough to contend with.


www.youtube.com/watch?v=keqwALyFFME

esartori 01-14-2013 1:00 PM

Interesting. But I agree with the two top comments on the video:

1. It is filmed in LA when this gun is not sold in LA (not counting SSE and LE)
2. No specifics are given about the gun, no comparisons to the 30/36.

Still exciting though. I guess I will wait until real reviews come out.

DRAB_81 01-14-2013 1:10 PM

Nothing revolutionary here, guys have been doing this with their own G36/G30SF's for years. It's a GEN 3 G36 slide on a GEN 3 G30SF frame. The G30S is only 3oz lighter than the G30SF, and the slide is a whopping .07" slimmer (1.20" vs 1.27"). Oh yeah, this one is a real game changer...

Four thumbs down.

NorCal Einstein 01-14-2013 1:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAB_81 (Post 10208552)
Nothing revolutionary here, guys have been doing this with their own G36/G30SF's for years. It's a GEN 3 G36 slide on a GEN 3 G30SF frame. The G30S is only 3oz lighter than the G30SF, and the slide is a whopping .07" slimmer (1.20" vs 1.27"). Oh yeah, this one is a real game changer...

Four thumbs down.

So what you're saying is, it's already ben dun be fo. :43:

DRAB_81 01-14-2013 4:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorCal Einstein (Post 10208700)
So what you're saying is, it's already ben dun be fo. :43:

Jü gaddit mayne.

1SAM 01-14-2013 4:56 PM

on Glocks Facebook page it says the Glock 30S is only 2 out of 3 announcements. The Glock community forum being the first. i wonder what the 3rd is...

spetsnaz 01-14-2013 4:58 PM

im fine with my g30. its a fat gun but if you're looking for a .45 it will have to do

DRAB_81 01-14-2013 5:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1SAM (Post 10210712)
on Glocks Facebook page it says the Glock 30S is only 2 out of 3 announcements. The Glock community forum being the first. i wonder what the 3rd is...

My money is on the "unveiling" of the GEN 4 20/29/30/33 models, which were all released over 6 months ago.

Sam 01-14-2013 5:16 PM

Unless this third announcement is something exciting, it seems like Glock is content on letting Springfield and S&W continue to offer innovations while staying stagnant.

1SAM 01-14-2013 5:21 PM

agreed! ^^^ i do love glock but they need to step it up and start offering new guns to compete with other manufacturers. They need something thats "neva bin done befo"

9mmlove 01-14-2013 5:50 PM

Yeeyah booiiii!!! das da big .4 to-da 5mon!

Makin da bieg fhat hooes yhaa!

G locks fo-Eva mon!!!

joe_sun 01-14-2013 5:52 PM

From what I've read it's going to be longer and heavier than my 23 which is already pushing the limits of too large to ccw.

Not impressed

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DRAB_81 01-14-2013 5:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 10210937)
Unless this third announcement is something exciting, it seems like Glock is content on letting Springfield and S&W continue to offer innovations while staying stagnant.

I'm ok with Glock being stagnant. There isn't a Glock on the market that can't do what I want or need it to. What I have a MAJOR problem with, is the fact that they continue to claim that BIG NEWS is coming, and then they come out with old information/guns (or even worse, a new "online community). What a let down. Especially with so many people begging for a single stack 9 & a carbine. If you got nothing, that's fine, just don't keep creating a big hype over it. That's much worse than having zero new innovative products & keeping your mouth shut.

Raider888 01-14-2013 6:10 PM

I'm happy with the G30 SF.

ScottJames 01-14-2013 6:13 PM

They list the Gen4 30 on the website now. I hope more gen4 pistols aren't the big announcement...

DRAB_81 01-14-2013 8:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAB_81 (Post 10210829)
My money is on the "unveiling" of the GEN 4 20/29/30/33 models, which were all released over 6 months ago.

Well, it's official. I was right.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...9A0F199DE1.jpg

.

kantstudien 01-14-2013 11:41 PM

What a disappointment. WTF Glock?

Maybe the announcement should have been they decided to stop using ****-
MIM parts?

tuna quesadilla 01-14-2013 11:48 PM

...

2007
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL K HERES A GLOCK 21 WITH A PICATINNY RAIL

2008
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL NO

2009
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL HERE HAVE A GLOCK 17 WITH SOME FISH GILLS ON IT

2010
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL K HERES A COMPLETELY USELESS REDESIGN OF OUR FRAME AND WE'RE GONNA REDESIGN THE RSA SO IT ****S UP YOUR PISTOL

2011
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL K HERE'S A GLOCK 17 WITH A STUPID 25TH ANNIVERSARY MEDALLION IN IT

2012
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL NO HAVE SOME MORE GEN4 FAILBOAT

2013
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL K HERES A DOUBLE STACK GLOCK 30 WITH A SLIGHTLY NARROWER SLIDE LOL

2014

???

luckystrike 01-15-2013 12:18 AM

Hahahahahahahahahah

There is nothing elite or tactical about this "new" glock


Quote:

Originally Posted by tuna quesadilla (Post 10214545)
...

2007
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL K HERES A GLOCK 21 WITH A PICATINNY RAIL

2008
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL NO

2009
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL HERE HAVE A GLOCK 17 WITH SOME FISH GILLS ON IT

2010
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL K HERES A COMPLETELY USELESS REDESIGN OF OUR FRAME AND WE'RE GONNA REDESIGN THE RSA SO IT ****S UP YOUR PISTOL

2011
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL K HERE'S A GLOCK 17 WITH A STUPID 25TH ANNIVERSARY MEDALLION IN IT

2012
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL NO HAVE SOME MORE GEN4 FAILBOAT

2013
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL K HERES A DOUBLE STACK GLOCK 30 WITH A SLIGHTLY NARROWER SLIDE LOL

2014

???


ham 01-15-2013 12:31 AM

2014
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL SRRY GUIZ, BOUGHT OUT BY REMINGTON,, ENJY YER NEW "R-OCK!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuna quesadilla (Post 10214545)
...

2007
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL K HERES A GLOCK 21 WITH A PICATINNY RAIL

2008
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL NO

2009
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL HERE HAVE A GLOCK 17 WITH SOME FISH GILLS ON IT

2010
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL K HERES A COMPLETELY USELESS REDESIGN OF OUR FRAME AND WE'RE GONNA REDESIGN THE RSA SO IT ****S UP YOUR PISTOL

2011
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL K HERE'S A GLOCK 17 WITH A STUPID 25TH ANNIVERSARY MEDALLION IN IT

2012
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL NO HAVE SOME MORE GEN4 FAILBOAT

2013
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL K HERES A DOUBLE STACK GLOCK 30 WITH A SLIGHTLY NARROWER SLIDE LOL

2014

???


gorenut 01-15-2013 8:19 AM

Hahaha, are you guys surprised? I knew their "MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS!" would be very ho-hum. Like I've said, after their 25th Anniversary Glock being their last "big one" - I'm never disappointed in Glock's underwhelming "show stoppers"

Not necessarily a bad thing... far better than wasting time by releasing some kooky colored blang variant like Sig does all the time.

INFAMOUS762X39 01-15-2013 10:14 AM

That commercial sucked monkey balls.

Sebass 01-22-2013 3:23 PM

Anybody try to pre-order a Glock 30S and/or was given an ETA of when they will be available (obviously through SSE)?

gdawg09 02-25-2013 11:45 AM

I just ordered one from Glock direct under the IOP program and was told delivery is approx 270 days. Looks like its going to be a Christmas present.

Shenaniguns 02-25-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 10210937)
Unless this third announcement is something exciting, it seems like Glock is content on letting Springfield and S&W continue to offer innovations while staying stagnant.



+1 :(

Oliver_Charles 02-25-2013 12:30 PM

****

Quiet 02-25-2013 12:34 PM

Current poll at Glock ID...

What product would you like to see next from GLOCK?
Single Stack .45 = 23%
Single Stack 9mm = 39%
Different Color Glocks = 26%
Folding Knife = 12%

Sam 02-25-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet (Post 10641099)
Current poll at Glock ID...

What product would you like to see next from GLOCK?
Single Stack .45 = 23%
Single Stack 9mm = 39%
Different Color Glocks = 26%
Folding Knife = 12%

Who the heck voted for folding knife? There are plenty of knife makers to choose from. Let me see a single stack compact 9!

zurppin 02-25-2013 1:46 PM

Its a glock 30 SF frame with a 36 slide. People have been doing this for a while and glock finally capitalized on it.

MA2 02-25-2013 3:05 PM

My next Glock will be single stack with no finger grooves.
Guess, I will not buy another Glock in my lifetime...im okay with that :).

joefrank64k 02-25-2013 3:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuna quesadilla (Post 10214545)
...

2007
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL K HERES A GLOCK 21 WITH A PICATINNY RAIL

2008
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL NO

2009
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL HERE HAVE A GLOCK 17 WITH SOME FISH GILLS ON IT

2010
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL K HERES A COMPLETELY USELESS REDESIGN OF OUR FRAME AND WE'RE GONNA REDESIGN THE RSA SO IT ****S UP YOUR PISTOL

2011
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL K HERE'S A GLOCK 17 WITH A STUPID 25TH ANNIVERSARY MEDALLION IN IT

2012
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL NO HAVE SOME MORE GEN4 FAILBOAT

2013
Glock fans: Hey Glock, can you please release a single stack 9mm?
Glock, Inc: LOL K HERES A DOUBLE STACK GLOCK 30 WITH A SLIGHTLY NARROWER SLIDE LOL

2014

???

Hahahaha!!!

SoulStealer 02-25-2013 3:17 PM

Was able to get my hands on a Glock 30s. When I pick it up I will post some pics and a review.

$549 plus tax and DROS. Free shipping and 25 Transfer! :D


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.