Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Turner's Outdoorsman (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Incompetence at signal hill location. (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=675544)

wingnut232 01-10-2013 10:50 AM

Incompetence at signal hill location.

So I called yesterday to ask if I can do a PPT of a complete New Frontier Armory lower. I don't remember the guys name, to ask specifically if Im required to have a bullet button on there as its only a lower. He proceeds to tell me no, as long as it is just a lower. Today I arrive to complete my transaction and am immediately told that I have an illegal firearm as I do not have a bullet button installed on my lower ( no upper ). They march my up and down the counter to double check with each slack jawed employee. The best BS answer was that it "says multi-cal so you need a bullet button otherwise it's illegal. "
Now I understand that each business is entitled to their opinion as to whom they do business with, but they should not spread ignorance and fear, especially at this time in this climate.

This is the exact same unchanged lower I bought at riflegear 6mos ago!! I am completely shocked and disgusted with these guys and as soon as my dros is over on the RIA 1911 I bought they will no longer get anymore of my currency.

DiogiDoc 01-10-2013 1:02 PM

I would like to know if this is true or not someone? Do you need a bullet button on a lower? Or, if you have a complete lower with EBR components, then do you need a bullet button?

wingnut232 01-10-2013 1:20 PM

Went to rifle gear, needed no bullet button as it is only a lower.

edgerly779 01-10-2013 1:40 PM

Have to have bullet button or fixed mag in assembled lower. Been tons of posts about this. Look on new frontier armory website where they say california compliant with bullet button.

Baconator 01-10-2013 1:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgerly779 (Post 10170571)
Have to have bullet button or fixed mag in assembled lower. Been tons of posts about this. Look on new frontier armory website where they say california compliant with bullet button.

So what if you want to put a.22 upper on it?

Sent from Obama's Mind

wingnut232 01-10-2013 3:17 PM

:facepalm:

Quote:

Correct sir, but only when the lower is used with a center fire round. Therefore if you want to have a 22LR upper on it the bullet button is not required. Bottom line, I bought them a year ago from a local REPUTABLE dealer who tells me it IS legal to sell them without the BB.

mxadam579 01-10-2013 3:29 PM

ask them if you buy a lower from them do you need a bullet button NOPE

SarcoBlaster 01-10-2013 3:33 PM

Quote:

Nope.

A lower by itself, complete or not, is not a semi-automatic, centerfire rifle so a magazine lock is not required.

striker777 01-10-2013 3:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxadam579 (Post 10171714)
ask them if you buy a lower from them do you need a bullet button NOPE

+1 on that

ham 01-10-2013 10:31 PM

sorry you got someone that is unfamilar with CA lower laws.

ambiguous216 01-10-2013 10:39 PM

Amazing

gregshin 01-11-2013 11:31 AM

It's turners what do u expect?

1st2fight 01-11-2013 12:23 PM

some Turner's staff will consider BB guns to be real firearms...

abechira 01-11-2013 12:40 PM

Truth is you need to do your own homework. If you are going to rely on one sales person on the current laws then you'll probably not like the outcome if it ever comes that you have to answer for some questions from LE. Most LE don't know the current laws when it come to firearms, they have an idea but heck, that's what the DA's are for. It is ultimately your responsibility to know the law as it is up to you to provide for your own safety. Just saying...

wingnut232 01-11-2013 6:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abechira (Post 10180879)
Truth is you need to do your own homework. If you are going to rely on one sales person on the current laws then you'll probably not like the outcome if it ever comes that you have to answer for some questions from LE. Most LE don't know the current laws when it come to firearms, they have an idea but heck, that's what the DA's are for. It is ultimately your responsibility to know the law as it is up to you to provide for your own safety. Just saying...

This is true, but its hard to teach those kind of people that they're incorrect with their interpretation of things. I know my lower is legal as I bought it 8 months ago exactly as is from RifleGear.

:TFH: