-   California Precision Rifle Club (
-   -   Looking to Start my 12 year old shooting. Ideas? (

Dunefree 12-09-2012 8:04 PM

Looking to Start my 12 year old shooting. Ideas?
I have 3 young boys. My oldest is 12 and I want to start him off right. He has been around guns and has ocationsaly fired a couple of rounds out of a 22 but looking to get him true skill training. I am in So. Cal near the LA/San Bernadino county line. Any ideas where I should go or maybe who I should talk too?

CamW 12-10-2012 8:57 AM

West End Gun Club has a Juniors program. You don't have to be a member to participate.
Contact the Junior Director, he can get your son started.

caseten 02-05-2013 7:24 PM

I take my 9 year old to Appleseeds and the local NRA Jr. Program. Appleseed is very family friendly and you can shoot next to your son all day.

Go to an Appleseed!

There's always one near you:

How Our Instructors Compare

The RWVA Mission

zuchaka 02-05-2013 7:40 PM

glad your doing this i took a hunters safety course as a youth one of the best things i ever did.

Eric Mayer 02-08-2013 7:07 AM

I would send him to camp this summer. The Santa Clarita Quail and Upland Wildlife Federation holds a Hunter's Safety / Shooting Camp every year. Our daughter started going when she was 11, passed her hunter's safety test and was able to shoot all types of guns. It is almost a week away from home, well supervised by very knowledgeable and Pro-2A folks and provides lots of experienced while being in a camp environment (all that is my words, not from the site).

Check it out:

BTW: They fill up FAST so if you are interested, I would get him enrolled right away.