Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Gunsmithing & How To (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Locking a crutch folder/ tantal folder (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=653407)

atsaubrey 12-06-2012 5:02 PM

Locking a crutch folder/ tantal folder
 
Trying to figure out how to lock one open for 30" OAL. Anybody got ideas?

SJgunguy24 12-06-2012 5:27 PM

Drill a small dimple in the stock where the back screw goes. Buy a set screw to fit that thread count, lock tite.

atsaubrey 12-06-2012 5:44 PM

SJ, sorry I'm not following you. Got a pic by chance?

nicoroshi 12-06-2012 6:46 PM

On the tantal folder it is possible to install a small wedge under the locking lever mechanism before it's installed into the back of the receiver that will block the lever from being depressed.
This would also require a screwdriver (and a punch to knock out the 2 roll pins in the top of the rear trunnion) to remove the side folder from the back of the receiver to remove but does not make any modifications to the original hardware.

69Mach1 12-06-2012 7:03 PM

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...=185188&page=2

CIV Tactical 12-06-2012 7:12 PM

on the crutch folder if its a Maadi type you just have to install the release lever upside down and this will prevent the lever from unlocking. Ive locked 4 Maadis this way and it worked on all of them.

atsaubrey 12-07-2012 6:42 AM

Thanks guys!

hawaii five-0 12-07-2012 7:43 AM

Cant you just use a rear screw that's a little longer than the factory one?It will then protrude into the path of the swinging stock.This will allow the mechanism to work,but the stock still wont fold.

SJgunguy24 12-07-2012 9:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawaii five-0 (Post 9869688)
Cant you just use a rear screw that's a little longer than the factory one?It will then protrude into the path of the swinging stock.This will allow the mechanism to work,but the stock still wont fold.

Yes. That's what I was trying to say with my post.

jamesob 12-07-2012 9:46 AM

I think aubreys working on a maddi with the lever.

nicoroshi 12-07-2012 6:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesob (Post 9870329)
I think aubreys working on a maddi with the lever.

I think (know :43:) you are correct.
I'm guessing he should be expecting a package in a couple days from an undisclosed Northern CA location.

jamesob 12-07-2012 8:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicoroshi (Post 9873702)
I think (know :43:) you are correct.
I'm guessing he should be expecting a package in a couple days from an undisclosed Northern CA location.

That's the rumor I heard.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.