Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   General gun discussions (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   MIAD grip by Magpul (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=653232)

SlaughterCult 12-06-2012 11:04 AM

MIAD grip by Magpul

Currently I own an MOE grip for my service carbine but I'm building a personal killstick and have always been partial to the fat (just like my women, whattup!) grip of the MIAD. My questions are;

1) Has any MIAD users experienced any durability issues (be on a range, competition or battlefield) since the grip is not a one piece. I've seen the pistol grip by MFT just fall off and didn't know if the MIAD had a tendency to do that.

2) I have been told there is a small hole in the MIAD for a retaining pin. Where would one find such a pin?

Any helpful comments are greatly appreciated. Any negative comments can blow me.

ArkinDomino 12-07-2012 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlaughterCult (Post 9863501)

2) I have been told there is a small hole in the MIAD for a retaining pin. Where would one find such a pin?

The MIAD comes with said pin.

CnCFunFactory 12-07-2012 12:48 AM

Six thousand rounds through my Magpul MIAD equipped AR. This is a combination of bench time and two Carbine courses. The pin does come with the kit if you choose to run it. I have found the backstrap is damn near impossible to remove even when you are trying to get it off. A quality product and ideal if you like the larger diameter grip, I have ham hocks for hands and sausages for fingers so I need all the help I can get. YMMV.

Firerescuebatt07 12-07-2012 2:23 AM

I use the miad grip as well... with the bigger piece added... like my fellow calgunner said, it has a pin you could push in there if you're worried... I use mine without it...no issues at all on my carbine

Huge Grant 12-07-2012 6:13 AM

I have a MIAD and I like the fattest grip insert as well... but the friggin thing won't click into place. I've read that others have had the same problem. My MIAD sits in a box in the gun room.

m03 12-07-2012 9:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huge Grant (Post 9869153)
I have a MIAD and I like the fattest grip insert as well... but the friggin thing won't click into place.

Seems like all you would need to do is sand/contour the top inside of the insert so that it seats a little higher.

h0use 12-07-2012 10:09 PM

I would check out the moe+

SocomM4 12-07-2012 10:53 PM

I have both, moe+ and a few miads , the back straps will not come off during use. Rock solid grip even without the pin.

Moe+ is really nice, just doesn't fit as well as the large MiAd .
With they'd do I MiAd with ruber too.

stitchnicklas 12-07-2012 11:18 PM

i like the hogue grip better...more grip and less vibration

m98 12-08-2012 6:47 AM

Miad equipped carbine, been in use for a few years now. No issues. I like it more than my ergos.