Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   CGSSA Range Cleanups (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   santa cruz mountain debris (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=652749)

losgatoscc 12-05-2012 9:38 AM

santa cruz mountain debris

ive been hearing many accounts that the mountains here in three locations are littered with boxes, ammo shells, shot at items and etc. these are fire trail areas and emergency road areas. some with old appliances etc. i have not been to one of these areas as i heard its not "ok blm" land its all open space reserve. i was talking with a buddy last week, and did not know there a cleanup forum. would anybody also from this area be interested in doing a sunday morning cleanup at all three largely known illegal shooting sites out here. i know the local open space would like it since they usually just toss the debris over the hill if its in their way what do you all think?

omnitravis 12-31-2012 8:33 AM

I would be willing. I live down in Seaside though, I am not currently mobile, so yea...
I could take a bus up to SC or something if this got organized though. I usually shoot down in Los Padres National Forest, in Big Sur. That could make a really nice cleanup/camping trip.
Oh, hes banned, lol.

Hondo1947 01-05-2013 12:35 PM

I'm just retired and would like to help as I live in West San Jose. Please post a date and location and I will be there. I just returned to shooting after a long absence and would like to do my part.

Ubermcoupe 01-05-2013 12:49 PM

PM me if we get this together in the next two weeks or so. I’m on vacation and “free” ;)

Jungleboxx 01-05-2013 11:30 PM

Definitely interested post a date and I'll need a map too, or maybe have a meet up spot to grab some lunch, then follow? Let me know!

I know the full moon parties are big thing here in SC and supposedly at one of the shows some the "Local boys" showed up told people to leave and fired a few rounds in the air.

Damn shame the roughneck wannabe's give us a bad rep...

DeanW66 01-08-2013 11:02 AM

I am mildly curious about this. I am a LG mountain resident, I know there is not legal open shooting areas up here; only private property, parks (county, state, and state demonstration forests) and open space. Do the Open Space folks actually want us to do this?

BonnieB 01-08-2013 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You guys in the Santa Cruz area have no C3 (Calguns Community Coordinator) to lead this charge for you, to my knowledge.

So, you can just take the initiative. Pick a place to clean up, pick a time, announce it, get some RSVP's and go do it.

Here's an attachment in Word for a checklist we're developing for this kind of thing, to help you get past the "gotcha's ". It's probably massive overkill for what you want to do, so just pick and choose the things that make sense. (I never thought about bringing a wheel barrow until someone mentioned it. :facepalm: )

If there's anything we can do from Sacramento to help you, let me know.

movie zombie 01-08-2013 11:39 AM

i'm like Dean but very curious......i have not heard of any place here in the SCruz mountains that is "open range" and needs cleaning up......

the SCruz Mountain range could be any place. can you be more specific re location?

or are the places in question the homeless camps that the sheriff cleans out periodically?

ZombieZoo 01-08-2013 12:39 PM

I might be up for it, I'm local and I need the exercise. I can bring trash cans, 5 gal buckets (with shoulder straps!), shovels, pickers, etc.

Should be drying out next few days.

NikePenguin 01-18-2013 11:57 PM

I'm in San Jose and willing to help. Just can't do it SB weekend or the weekend after.

Fenr1r 01-19-2013 11:59 PM

I just moved to Santa Cruz and would be willing to help out.