Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Hunting and Fishing (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   I need a better camera (Bobcat pics) (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=651275)

DirtyDave 12-01-2012 5:38 PM

I need a better camera (Bobcat pics)
 
Saw this guy today. He was on private property, so I could only shoot him with my crappy camera.
About 75yds away, hunting mice. I parked the truck and got out with the camera.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...g/100_1966.jpg

Circled around behind him about 40-50yds away and took a knee behind a bush.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...g/100_1967.jpg

Gave a few lip squeaks and here he comes
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...g/100_1968.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...g/100_1969.jpg

He got about 12-15 feet away before he figured something was up and made a hard right.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...g/100_1970.jpg

He trotted off and gave me the look-back before heading out of sight.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...g/100_1971.jpg

He was right next to public land, I'll go back and turn my dog loose on him and see if we can get him tree'd before 1-1-13

kgcabs 12-01-2012 6:31 PM

Thanks for sharing.

Cool!

mzhunter 12-01-2012 9:03 PM

that would of been three crispy hundreds in my pocket !!!

DirtyDave 12-01-2012 9:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzhunter (Post 9832483)
that would of been three crispy hundreds in my pocket !!!

Not if you have to trespass and shoot within 150yds of a house to get it

mzhunter 12-01-2012 9:09 PM

i know just when i see a cat it looks like a three hundred dollar bill walking

huntandski 12-01-2012 9:18 PM

Wow nice pics

mzhunter 12-01-2012 9:19 PM

dave you see any bears ? you been looking ?

reachoutar 12-01-2012 9:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzhunter (Post 9832513)
i know just when i see a cat it looks like a three hundred dollar bill walking

hows that?

Bill Carson 12-01-2012 9:22 PM

I am not a hunter so excuse me for the question. How does getting a bobcat get you 300 dollars.

mzhunter 12-01-2012 9:24 PM

thats the average price for there pelts

reachoutar 12-01-2012 9:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzhunter (Post 9832618)
thats the average price for there pelts

Are bob cats good to eat? or do you just hunt them for the pelts?

mzhunter 12-01-2012 9:29 PM

there not bad its a acquired taste

reachoutar 12-01-2012 9:36 PM

i was raised you shoot it you eat it. I think to hunt any animal for just its pelt it lame. bu that is just my .02

mzhunter 12-01-2012 9:40 PM

the check for 15 g's i got last year feels pretty lame in my pocket

DirtyDave 12-01-2012 9:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reachoutar (Post 9832695)
I think to hunt any animal for just its pelt it lame. bu that is just my .02

Yeah, thats why I dont take the pelt from most coyotes.... Dont want to be lame

DirtyDave 12-01-2012 9:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzhunter (Post 9832584)
dave you see any bears ? you been looking ?

I was bear hunting today. Saw this cat while driving to another spot. Saw some bear tracks this morning but they were old and my dog didnt pick up any scent from them. Only HOT scents she picked up were deer. Going out again next weekend.

mzhunter 12-01-2012 9:56 PM

you want company ? you kill it ill help you drag it out i also know someone who can turn it into a rug. me.let me know

reachoutar 12-01-2012 9:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzhunter (Post 9832731)
the check for 15 g's i got last year feels pretty lame in my pocket

i was raised to hunt not just kill. I just think its a shame to kill anything just for a mount or pelt. i am not trying to start a war, i will just find other ways to make my money

mzhunter 12-01-2012 9:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reachoutar (Post 9832836)
i was raised to hunt not just kill. I just think its a shame to kill anything just for a mount or pelt. i am not trying to start a war, i will just find other ways to make my money


thats cool i do eat everything i kill

mzhunter 12-01-2012 9:59 PM

any kind of meat when jerked taste gooooooood !!!

TrailerparkTrash 12-02-2012 12:24 AM

I hunt some animals for their fur only and some for food. Some both food and fur. I don't care what anyone else thinks. I have no probs killing a animal legally for it's fur. It's been that way since cave men invented arrow heads. You think they just killed for food and clothing???? Think again.

Abesnake 12-02-2012 4:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash (Post 9833427)
I hunt some animals for their fur only and some for food. Some both food and fur. I don't care what anyone else thinks. I have no probs killing a animal legally for it's fur. It's been that way since cave men invented arrow heads. You think they just killed for food and clothing???? Think again.


No, TPT, people did kill to survive, but we don't have to anymore. People have evolved and dramatically increased in number. Animal populations have dwindled everywhere, because of us. It would be nice if you think this over and WOULD care. There is plenty of hunting to be done without being random. At least donate what you don't want to eat to Hunters for Hunger and feed someone else.

calduc 12-02-2012 8:43 AM

Nice picture. I hunt bear and bobcat as well. Nice to see some local people hunt as well.

reachoutar 12-02-2012 9:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abesnake (Post 9833703)
No, TPT, people did kill to survive, but we don't have to anymore. People have evolved and dramatically increased in number. Animal populations have dwindled everywhere, because of us. It would be nice if you think this over and WOULD care. There is plenty of hunting to be done without being random. At least donate what you don't want to eat to Hunters for Hunger and feed someone else.

very well said

Dirty dirt 12-02-2012 9:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDave (Post 9832754)
Yeah, thats why I dont take the pelt from most coyotes.... Dont want to be lame

That's funny.

Dirty dirt 12-02-2012 10:04 AM

Too bad on the dog deal too. Lots of folks had big money in bear and cat dogs. Me I just had a few potlicking hog dogs that any pound would probably reject. Nice pictures. I'd like to have a cat mount some day

reachoutar 12-02-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty dirt (Post 9834892)
That's funny.

thats ok i think ignorance is funny too

IVC 12-02-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reachoutar (Post 9832836)
i was raised to hunt not just kill. I just think its a shame to kill anything just for a mount or pelt. i am not trying to start a war, i will just find other ways to make my money

No problem with how you were raised and how you see it, but on what grounds would you extend your personal beliefs on everyone else?

There are certainly other things that you were raised to do differently, so by extension I would assume those are all "shame" too?

IVC 12-02-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abesnake (Post 9833703)
No, TPT, people did kill to survive, but we don't have to anymore. People have evolved and dramatically increased in number. Animal populations have dwindled everywhere, because of us. It would be nice if you think this over and WOULD care. There is plenty of hunting to be done without being random. At least donate what you don't want to eat to Hunters for Hunger and feed someone else.

If the world worked that way, scavenger species couldn't survive since there would be no leftovers from the predators.

You do have a point about suggesting donation since it is a kind thing to do. One can choose to donate to overcrowding human population, or one can choose to donate to the dwindling scavenger and other animal population. Nothing wrong with supporting the animals and helping the latter by leaving some food behind in the field.

lewdogg21 12-02-2012 12:02 PM

Only on calgay do people manage to argue about ethics in every thread... :tdown:

lewdogg21 12-02-2012 12:03 PM

btw cool pics Dave. Thanks for sharing.

ching 12-02-2012 12:30 PM

I don't eat Bobcat and Coyote meat, because I don't want to feed the stereotype... But I will wear the hell out of a Bobcat hat!

Great photos.

jawbreaker 12-02-2012 2:52 PM

Reachouter, I am going to kill all of the coyotes I can and leave them under a bush just for you buddy. Don't come on to a hunting forum and talk crap about people doing something that is perfectly legal no one here wants to hear it.

Good job Dave, we need to make another night run soon.

lewdogg21 12-02-2012 2:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jawbreaker (Post 9836598)
Reachouter, I am going to kill all of the coyotes I can and leave them under a bush just for you buddy. Don't come on to a hunting forum and talk crap about people doing something that is perfectly legal no one here wants to hear it.

Good job Dave, we need to make another night run soon.


Welcome back. Please post more pics and stories of your hunts.

DirtyDave 12-02-2012 3:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jawbreaker (Post 9836598)
Good job Dave, we need to make another night run soon.

Thanks. Looks like 2 weeks 'til the moon is right

Baxter 12-02-2012 4:08 PM

Nice pics. I went hunting for those $300 bills today. Only a bunch of sd dogs and fox. Not much money in those though.

jawbreaker 12-02-2012 4:17 PM

Dave we have a club hunt next weekend so it may be a few weeks before I can get out again but we will.

savannah 12-02-2012 4:26 PM

I love those pictures. You did an amazing job with your not so great camera. I would have chickened out when it got that close. Good job.

reachoutar 12-02-2012 4:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jawbreaker (Post 9836598)
Reachouter, I am going to kill all of the coyotes I can and leave them under a bush just for you buddy. Don't come on to a hunting forum and talk crap about people doing something that is perfectly legal no one here wants to hear it.

Good job Dave, we need to make another night run soon.

ok tell me what bush and we can meet there anytime. i did not say anything bad about hunting for food. I have hunted bear,dear, pigs and birds. I have a bear rug from the bear i got a few years ago, but i hunt for food not just the rug.

to all you keyboard cowboys.....I said it just my .02 not trying to start a war. I also thought this was a gun site not just a hunting site. this is my last post in this thread.

jawbreaker 12-02-2012 6:02 PM

Bye!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.