Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Muzzlebrake Installation - Where? (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=651191)

Hanger9 12-01-2012 2:42 PM

Muzzlebrake Installation - Where?

I am currently stationed in GA but will be visiting the LA before I deploy, and want to get some rifle work done while I am in the area.

My question is where can I get a muzzle brake installed on my Bolt Action rifle quickly? I can purchase muzzle brake if shop does not carry but would rather goto to a smith that already has some in stock.

Trying to get installed same day if possible.

toby 12-01-2012 2:58 PM

Probably wont happen! most gunsmiths are pretty busy now days. Good luck though.

Chaos47 12-01-2012 3:00 PM

Installation or barrel threading? Because they are two different things. You are not going to get a barrel threaded in one day.

Hanger9 12-01-2012 3:22 PM

Threading and installation sadly

ar15barrels 12-01-2012 3:33 PM

I am in the city of LA as Van Nuys is not its own incorporated city.
I do muzzle threading and muzzle brake installations same-day, while-u-wait.
I don't deal in parts though so its up to the customer to obtain the parts before they arrive at their appointment with me.

sbmunshi 12-03-2012 7:31 AM

Randall does great work and is a good guy.

HK Dave 12-03-2012 7:33 AM

I've had work done by Randall, I recommend him.

Coyotegunner 12-03-2012 7:46 AM

I assume you need the barrel threaded as well.
I have had a guy in Rialto build and install a few for me.If you need it in 1 day,I do not know if he can make it happen.He custom builds them and usually runs them down as close to the barrel contour as possible.If you know what you want,Full circle ports,side discharge ports etc,you could probably ship the barreled action to him and have it done when you arrive.It costs $20-$25 to ship just the action.
His are loud,but they work for recoil.Do not shoot them without earplugs,even once.I would suggest having him build a thread protector as well in case you want to use the gun without the brake sometimes.I have turned a few people to him and they have always been happy with his work.He will do stainless or carbon steel,turned or bead blasted.Carbon steel will be painted with barbecue paint.
He usually asks me for a week,but calls me in a few days to pick them up.
PM me if you need his info

AlliedArmory 12-03-2012 8:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ar15barrels (Post 9830456)
I don't deal in parts though so its up to the customer to obtain the parts before they arrive at their appointment with me.

I had Randall install mine some time ago and he did a great job.

JNunez23 12-03-2012 9:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ar15barrels (Post 9830456)

I might come see you soon, I'm right down the street from you. I have a brake I want to install on my 16" AR.

Was waiting until your back was better ;)

dedub 12-03-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlliedArmory (Post 9841053)
I had Randall install mine some time ago and he did a great job.

Another vote for Randall. Had two rifles threaded for muzzle brakes while I waited. Nice guy, too!