Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   CGSSA Northern California Chapters (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=287)
-   -   Bay Area firearm shop recommendation (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=647593)

MoltoMario 11-23-2012 7:07 AM

Bay Area firearm shop recommendation

Hey guys I'm new here and I'm on the market for a new purchase. I'm looking into getting a FN Scar. Not sure if I'm gonna go with the 16 or 17 yet. What I would like to know is what places do you guys recommend? I live in the east bay and have been to canyon sports along with city arms. Both placed seemed pretty mehh so I was looking for a place that other guys could recommend. I want someone that's going to give me a good price with good customer service as ill probably be a consistent customer.

Thanks guys and let me know what you think

I've heard that Alquist Arms in Turlock is a good place. It's about 1.5hrs from me, but I don't mind traveling that far as long as I am treated right.

Thanks again

Gaspasser100 11-23-2012 7:17 AM

Try bay area gun vault

bish0p 11-23-2012 7:24 AM

Valkyrie Arms in Santa Clara or Metal Dog Tactical in San Jose. I was turned off by City Arms East because of that fat, bastard Ukranian. He was very rude and I haven't been back since. I've dealt with Valkyrie Arms several times. They're good guys.

lt05deluxe 11-23-2012 7:52 AM

Suggestions by bish0p are what I was goin to suggest. Valkyrie arms (Santa Clara) and Gun vault (mtn. View) both good places with a nolegable staff.

spamsucker 11-23-2012 7:58 AM

J&R in Livermore, best customer service, well lit shop. Just feels right there.

Arkangel86 11-23-2012 8:00 AM

Valkyrie Arms in Milpitas
Tracy Rifle and Pistol in Tracy
Alquist Arms in Turlock - Best prices here

They should all have some SCARs in stock

UBFRAGD 11-23-2012 8:11 AM

Triple A in Ballejo.

dezert lobo 11-23-2012 8:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spamsucker (Post 9776165)
J&R in Livermore, best customer service, well lit shop. Just feels right there.

I recommend them too.

sealocan 11-23-2012 10:41 AM

there's a great FFL dealer ( someone that is license to deal in firearms)in San Jose. if you know what you want he can order it direct and give you a great price. his name here is "San Jose gun trader" use the search engine look up his name and take a look at some of the great deals he has in stock or p.m. him for something special. by far he is the best in the bay in my opinion.

rpuppet 11-23-2012 11:01 AM

Another recommendation for J&R's in Livermore. Excellent customer service.

MoltoMario 11-23-2012 11:52 AM

Thanks for the reply's guys. Does J&Rs sell FN Products? I'd be willing to give them a try

Obviously a Plant 11-24-2012 1:04 AM

Sportsman's Arms, the owner is a member here on Calguns.
884 Bodega Avenue Petaluma, CA 94952
(707) 766-7677

Could be a nicer drive than Turlock, give him a call and see what he can do for you.
The shop is worth a visit anytime.

Williamhlee 11-25-2012 12:56 AM

It would help if you stated where you are located at. Call before going on what you are looking for what they have. Inventory could change daily. If you are drving, keep in mind that you have to make one more trip to pick up after the 10 days waiting period.

MoltoMario 11-25-2012 7:51 AM

I'm located in Walnut Creek. Like I said I don't mind making a bit of a drive. I more worried about being treated right. This is my 1st firearm purchase. I'm no gun noob. I've been raised around them all my life and been taught proper gun etiquette. It's just amazing how badly you can be treated at some stores...

I've contacted sortsmans Arms in Petaluma and am waiting to hear back. That place seems very nice and gets great reviews so I think I'm going to try them out.

Rider1k 11-25-2012 8:05 AM

Sportsmans Arms Petaluma, B2 enterprises in Cotati. Schmidt & Tutoni in Santa Rosa.

Sportsmans Arms has a great selection of really nice everything! And all the folks in there are knowledgeable and friendly.

B2 is a huge store with a huge selection of some really awesome toys. All the folks are knowledgeable and easy to get along with.

S&T is a smaller store with a smaller selection. All really good stuff and the folks who run it are knowledgeable very willing to help you find what you are looking for. Will order it if they don't have it and are always upbeat and friendly.

Onetyme 11-25-2012 8:22 AM

Try the Old West Gun Room in El Cerrito. *Bob is very knowledgable and believes in helping responsible gun owners. Emphasis on responsible.*

3509 Carlsen Blvd just off San Pablo
tel:(510)525-5329
Http://oldwestgunroom.com

lt05deluxe 11-25-2012 8:41 AM

Peter at Mount Pleasant Arms (mparms.com) should be able to order what you want. He also has good prices and will match competitors price.

Neptune 11-28-2012 2:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UBFRAGD (Post 9776225)
Triple A in Ballejo.

These guys are great. An awesome shop, pretty good prices, and a great selection of accessories. Lock your doors, it's Vallejo after all...

__

billhi 11-28-2012 3:26 PM

City Arms in Pleasant Hill, down the street from DVC College, good guys.

onegtalon 11-29-2012 1:59 PM

If you're ever in the south bay...

Eddy's Shooting Sports in Mountain View (Vendor here - I think they still have the Scar.. not sure)
Valkrye Arms in Santa Clara (they moved from Milpitas)
Metal Dog in Santa Clara
Gun Vault in Mountain View

Silverbullett 11-30-2012 9:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lt05deluxe (Post 9786875)
Peter at Mount Pleasant Arms (mparms.com) should be able to order what you want. He also has good prices and will match competitors price.

I second this recommendation. Got me a lower price than all the other local gun shops.

DanM 12-01-2012 5:49 AM

J&R in Livermore, I've purchased from them, had firearms shipped to them, I am always treated well by everyone there.

MoltoMario 12-01-2012 10:03 AM

Thanks for all the interest guys. I ended up goin and seeing Gabe at Sportsmans Arms in Petaluma. Gabe is awesome. Very friendly and I wouldn't hesitate to ever recommend him to anyone in the future. I ended up purchasing a Kriss V from him and my buddy bought a FN Five-Seven. Both guns are in jail awaiting the 10 days. I cant wait to get out and shoot it!

Thanks again to Gabe. A very good experience with him and Ill be back for sure!

champion510 12-04-2012 3:02 PM

I know Target Masters in Milpitas have some decent collections. It all depends on what you are looking for. Ask for Phil or Rocky (They are both fun guys and very knowledgeable)

alfred1222 12-04-2012 4:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion510 (Post 9851569)
I know Target Masters in Milpitas have some decent collections. It all depends on what you are looking for. Ask for Phil or Rocky (They are both fun guys and very knowledgeable)

This is the first time ive seen target masters and knowledgable in the same sentence. ....

onegtalon 12-04-2012 4:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoltoMario (Post 9828719)
Thanks for all the interest guys. I ended up goin and seeing Gabe at Sportsmans Arms in Petaluma. Gabe is awesome. Very friendly and I wouldn't hesitate to ever recommend him to anyone in the future. I ended up purchasing a Kriss V from him and my buddy bought a FN Five-Seven. Both guns are in jail awaiting the 10 days. I cant wait to get out and shoot it!

Thanks again to Gabe. A very good experience with him and Ill be back for sure!

Kriss? I'm jelly! I would love to shoot that one day.

Eddy's Shooting Sports 12-05-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onegtalon (Post 9815767)
If you're ever in the south bay...

Eddy's Shooting Sports in Mountain View (Vendor here - I think they still have the Scar.. not sure)
Valkrye Arms in Santa Clara (they moved from Milpitas)
Metal Dog in Santa Clara
Gun Vault in Mountain View

I have a SCAR 17 on the rack. Just added a PWS rail extension. It looks great!

I know my shops a bit of a haul for you, but check my yelp reviews, it might be worth the drive.

MoltoMario 12-05-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onegtalon (Post 9852159)
Kriss? I'm jelly! I would love to shoot that one day.

Yes a Kriss. I will admit it was kind of an impulse buy. After holding the gun it felt really comfortable. Im a small guy and the gun seemed to fit me very well. I figure I can get an AR almost anytime, where the CA Legal Kriss's are getting harder to come by. Only 5 more days until she's out of Jail and I get to break it in. Im looking forward to the .45. Such a fun round to shoot! :)

RevTech 12-05-2012 6:07 PM

Valkyrie arms (Santa Clara) is under investigation according to this guy behind the gate there. Was told to come back next week.

Eric B 12-07-2012 4:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevTech (Post 9859601)
Valkyrie arms (Santa Clara) is under investigation according to this guy behind the gate there. Was told to come back next week.

****. Guess I'll head in next week.

bbogert 12-12-2012 7:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric B (Post 9869092)
****. Guess I'll head in next week.

VA is a mess- don't do it. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...=valkyrie+arms

:26:

sundayduffer 12-12-2012 7:33 PM

Greg of Eddys Shooting Sports has a scar 17s in stock. Hes in Mountain View.

Loopwell 12-12-2012 9:18 PM

Don't know if this place has SCARs, but we got our M1A at City Arms in Pacifica.

B.A. 12-15-2012 4:38 PM

I was in Tracy Pistol and Rifle today- GREAT guys!
J&R in Livermore is terrific as well.
If youre in south bay - Bay Area Gun Vault in Sunnyvale has great service and an awesome selection of Pre-owned

TZL 12-19-2012 4:10 AM

Anyone in the bay have a SCAR17 in stock now?

Eddy's Shooting Sports 12-19-2012 8:22 AM

I "had" one yesterday. Sold it. Then got inquiries from at least a half dozen other people asking if I still had it....

TZL 12-21-2012 10:02 AM

Props to Greg @ Eddy's for not gouging people, he was busy and doing business, but nothing was marked-up and everything was priced fairly

Where as others were tacking $100-150 premiums on to lowers, Greg still had his at MSRP, until they sold out

Anyone buy that REPR yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy's Shooting Sports (Post 9958037)
I "had" one yesterday. Sold it. Then got inquiries from at least a half dozen other people asking if I still had it....

Eddy's Shooting Sports 12-21-2012 10:24 AM

REPR gone. Who knows when I will ever see another....

edwardm 12-21-2012 11:48 AM

I'll 2nd a visit to Greg @ Eddy's. I still haven't bought anything from him yet, but you feel welcome the moment you walk in. Not like some other places in the Bay Area. :)

408SBFreak 12-23-2012 7:45 PM

Lokey Arms in Morgan Hill

Great place a lot of guns. Has a SCAR in stock and a Ak Pistol!

Ryan is the owner great guy!