Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   When CA goes Shall Issue, will it include DWP? (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=645011)

Southwest Chuck 11-16-2012 12:27 PM

When CA goes Shall Issue, will it include DWP?

I got to thinking.... if / when CA goes shall issue, will that include the currently unissued, impossible to get Assault/Dangerous Weapons Permit? or, would it take a separate lawsuit? (or would it be dependent on the courts ruling language?) It would seem that if LTC permit issuance ends up being akin to a fundamental right for those not otherwise restricted, can the CA DOJ legitimately deny to issue those permits? I hadn't seen this subject/question addressed, so I thought I'd get some opinions on the issue.

Librarian 11-16-2012 12:39 PM

Those are very different issues, and I suspect there will be movement only on 'bear' for a long time.

Jyruiz 11-16-2012 1:12 PM

When? Your optimisim is honorable, I think I will be retired in (15 years from now) AZ before this state becomes shall issue.

wildhawker 11-16-2012 1:19 PM

Separate lawsuit but the bear precedent will be instructive at least.

stix213 11-16-2012 2:51 PM

If (when) carry is decided before the SCOTUS, I'd expect the language of the decision to be dissected and applied to other firearms issues, including bans on common weapons. Even if they for some reason made wide sweeping statements that help against AW bans, it will still need a separate federal case against CA to get rid of our specific ban law citing that decision (which could be a case already rolling though just getting new ammo).

Southwest Chuck 11-16-2012 2:52 PM

Thanks. I was just curious. There are way too many restrictive facets to the Keeping and Bearing in this State. Would be nice if we got a 2fer once in a while :D

bulgron 11-16-2012 3:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jyruiz (Post 9736211)
When? Your optimisim is honorable, I think I will be retired in (15 years from now) AZ before this state becomes shall issue.

Wait? What? Haven't you heard? Shall-Issue CCW is coming Real Soon Now to California. Just ask anyone.

In fact, it's such a done deal, we were all free to vote for Obama and we'll still get it! Supreme Court? We don't need no stinkin' Supreme Court!

:rolleyes:

(For the record, I think my grandchildren will be retired and moved to AZ before shall-issue CCW comes to this screwed up state... and my kids are still currently young teenagers.)

hoffmang 11-16-2012 8:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bulgron (Post 9736814)
(For the record, I think my grandchildren will be retired and moved to AZ before shall-issue CCW comes to this screwed up state... and my kids are still currently young teenagers.)

Wow. I'd work harder to stop the underage sex in your family :43:

-Gene

wildhawker 11-16-2012 9:04 PM

:fabio:

teh.killer.of.zombies 11-16-2012 9:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoffmang (Post 9738480)
Wow. I'd work harder to stop the underage sex in your family :43:

-Gene

Best.post ever!!!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Vladimir 11-16-2012 10:01 PM

dont think CA will be that friendly anytime soon

ShootinBlankz 11-17-2012 3:34 AM

Agreed, still hopeful that next election for oc sheriff that we can get our nut bag out.

glbtrottr 11-17-2012 9:27 AM

Shall issue in California after this most recent election?

Pardon my pessimism.

I tried like heck to get a pro-gun Sheriff elected, and we got Sandy Sue.

Now Obama got elected and I expect he will appoint one or two liberal Supremes.

We're in California.

I just don't see it soon.

fizux 11-17-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glbtrottr (Post 9740845)
after this most recent election?

Yes, that's how the grandkids got to retire so quickly -- the government will take care of everything for them starting in ... two weeks.

dantodd 11-18-2012 7:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teh.killer.of.zombies (Post 9738859)
Best.post ever!!!

You're new here huh? Gene has lots of "best posts ever."

Sunday 11-18-2012 7:53 PM

We the little people won't need guns in the new world order.