Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   FFL's Forum (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   FFL Question Regarding Price Accuracy on website (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=644938)

Bumslie 11-16-2012 10:32 AM

FFL Question Regarding Price Accuracy on website

So I bought 5 lowers through JD machine in San Diego at their store. The website to this very moment says the lower is $139. When I bought them last Wednesday, they charged me $159.

Am I in the right for asking to be charged what the advertised price is on their website? I bought 5 lowers, so thats $100 bucks.

kemasa 11-16-2012 10:50 AM

Yes, you should be charged the correct price. Save a copy of the web page, then call and ask what is going on or wait until it is shipped to ensure that your order is not cancelled. It might be that they are charging for locks since they need to be included (CA Manufacturer to a CA resident).

tenpercentfirearms 11-16-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumslie (Post 9735003)
So I bought 5 lowers through JD machine in San Diego at their store. The website to this very moment says the lower is $139. When I bought them last Wednesday, they charged me $159.

Am I in the right for asking to be charged what the advertised price is on their website? I bought 5 lowers, so thats $100 bucks.

It is not right or wrong. Just simply ask. The worst they can say is no. Just let us know what they say.

Customers ask for discounts all of the time. Buying 5 lowers is a good reason to get a discount. Asking because you are a cheap skate or you belong to some certain class of citizens doesn't get many discounts from me. Buying a lot of product or using cash does.

Bumslie 11-16-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kemasa (Post 9735122)
Yes, you should be charged the correct price. Save a copy of the web page, then call and ask what is going on or wait until it is shipped to ensure that your order is not cancelled. It might be that they are charging for locks since they need to be included (CA Manufacturer to a CA resident).

They charged me $50 for the locks as well. It's not being shipped. I walked into their store and bought them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenpercentfirearms (Post 9735124)
It is not right or wrong. Just simply ask. The worst they can say is no. Just let us know what they say.

Customers ask for discounts all of the time. Buying 5 lowers is a good reason to get a discount. Asking because you are a cheap skate or you belong to some certain class of citizens doesn't get many discounts from me. Buying a lot of product or using cash does.

I don't want a discount. I just want to be charged whats advertised. I probably would have one or two less. I should have looked over the paperwork closely, but I was in a hurry to get back to OC to get to work.

kemasa 11-16-2012 11:30 AM

Many places have a web discount price, which is lower than if you walk into the place and if you don't mention the web price, then you get charged the other price. Did you say anything about the web price?

Bumslie 11-16-2012 11:33 AM

I called And asked over the phone what the price was. He said $159. I said that the price online was 139. He pretty much said that it was wrong. I don't see how they have a web discount price, since the machines are right behind that door making them.

tenpercentfirearms 11-16-2012 2:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumslie (Post 9735393)
I called And asked over the phone what the price was. He said $159. I said that the price online was 139. He pretty much said that it was wrong. I don't see how they have a web discount price, since the machines are right behind that door making them.

It is much easier to sell them online and ship them than have to spend time with a customer in person running DROS.

Again, be polite and and say since you bought 5 of them and they were on the website, can they hook you up for buying so many with the better price. If they say no, it can't happen (which it sounds like they might be saying), then I guess you learned to check your receipt before you leave the building.

Bumslie 11-19-2012 8:48 AM

I went in tody to pick up my lowers. I Talked to a nice lady, who I think was the owners wife. She wrote me a check for the difference. I'm a happy customer!