Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Some People Have All The Nerve (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=644825)

The Shadow 11-15-2012 10:06 PM

Some People Have All The Nerve

Check out this letter I received in my email from Portantino.

Quote:

Dear Friends,

For the past six years, it has been my honor to represent the diverse and unique communities that make up the best Assembly District in California. I have worked hard to expand educational opportunities, keep our communities safe and hold state government accountable. It has been a learning experience every day and I couldn't have done it without you.

I am proud to say that throughout my time in the Legislature, I had 38 bills signed into law and I remain committed to helping in any way I can. Look for me at council meetings and on the soccer field, helping to preserve our open spaces and leading the charge for affordable higher education for all Californians.

My time with the California State Assembly ends November 30, and a new chapter begins. I am grateful for the opportunity to have been able to represent you. My wife, Ellen and I, and our daughters Sofia and Bella feel blessed to be a part of this wonderful community. I want to take a moment to wish you the best and to thank you for all that you have done to make the 44th Assembly District a special place to live.

Happy holidays and warmest thoughts for a healthy and happy New Year.

Anthony Portantino

Screw you, you bastard.

Good riddens.

winnre 11-15-2012 10:10 PM

Take out a restraining order on him.

stix213 11-15-2012 11:31 PM

And don't let the Constitution hit ya on the way out

donw 11-16-2012 5:23 AM

just hit the "Reply" button and POLITELY tell him there are those, those of us in the firearms community, that are relieved to see him term out for all the rights he's trampled on.

Wrangler John 11-16-2012 5:49 PM

"Diverse and unique communities?" Doesn't anybody represent plain old Americans and Californians anymore? I recall in reading several biographies of Theodore Roosevelt that he had a concern about what he called "hyphenated Americans" such as German-Americans, Polish-Americans and any group that took its identity from any racial, ethnic, class or political heritage or affiliations, rather than being Americans. Roosevelt was carping about such things back to 1902 up to his death in 1919. Roosevelt also warned Europe and America about the declining birth rate as being problematic to western civilization. Given the loss of life in WWI (37 Million, 16 Million dead, 20 Million wounded) where nearly an entire generation of Europeans died, his concern was well founded. Given the enormous loss of life that followed a scant two decades later during WWII (60 Million killed, or 2.5% of the world population) human potential suffered a tremendous blow from a denuded gene pool. What possibilities existed for accelerated human accomplishment, through the birth of exceptional individuals, were at a stroke removed.

Portantino is a symptom of the advanced state of political decay caused by progressive policies that have evolved into a cultural Marxism that considers ethnicity and economic class the qualifiers to secure human rights. In their view, only certain population segments are qualified to receive the benefit of civil rights and economic largess at the expense of the rights and prosperity of others. This narrow view is exactly the formula that leads to balkanization, societal collapse, civil war and genocide. We have entered into the age of incompetence, mediocrity and extreme demagoguery, no doubt due, in large part, to that loss of human potential. Population dynamics will eventually correct the impairment, but in the meantime we face a period similar in nature to that of the medieval period after 1328 marked by loss of one-third of the world's population due to bubonic plague. In a highly technological age, this is extremely dangerous.

Rant Over.

Maltese Falcon 11-16-2012 5:54 PM

So who replaced him?

I have Mike Gatto-D (Appropriations Chair), at least he had the sense to know SB249 was a litigation time bomb.

I see your area also elected that witch Carol Liu?

wjc 11-16-2012 6:42 PM

It's "good riddance".

...and I hope he chokes on a porcupine.

The big ones from Africa.

chris 11-16-2012 7:13 PM

make sure the door hits him in the A&& on the way out.

huntercf 11-16-2012 7:28 PM

One down, so many to go.

vantec08 11-16-2012 8:02 PM

Now, if he would have authored the REMOVAL of 38 laws .. . . . . . .

Vlad 11 11-17-2012 9:18 AM

Anthony Portlytino

a gun grabbing , Constitution crumpling, corrupt career politico of the worst kind.

Its so nice knowing he will be enjoying tax payer funded retirement, watching soccer games while we deal with the loss of core rights for decades due to his bills.

Good riddance

fizux 11-17-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Shadow (Post 9733101)
Check out this letter I received in my email from Portantino.

Screw you, you bastard.

Good riddens.

That's a great letter to receive. I can't wait to get one from my state senator.

POLICESTATE 11-17-2012 11:09 PM

Delusions and psychopathy are rampant in government today, especially California's government.

bsg 11-18-2012 4:42 AM

another one....

Ford8N 11-18-2012 5:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POLICESTATE (Post 9744787)
Delusions and psychopathy are rampant in government today, especially California's government.

Unfortunately, that also describes the people that elect them.

alfred1222 11-18-2012 6:27 AM

I agree, good riddance

SpunkyJivl 11-18-2012 9:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrangler John (Post 9737772)
Portantino is a symptom of the advanced state of political decay caused by progressive policies that have evolved into a cultural Marxism that considers ethnicity and economic class the qualifiers to secure human rights. In their view, only certain population segments are qualified to receive the benefit of civil rights and economic largess at the expense of the rights and prosperity of others. This narrow view is exactly the formula that leads to balkanization, societal collapse, civil war and genocide. We have entered into the age of incompetence, mediocrity and extreme demagoguery, no doubt due, in large part, to that loss of human potential. Population dynamics will eventually correct the impairment, but in the meantime we face a period similar in nature to that of the medieval period after 1328 marked by loss of one-third of the world's population due to bubonic plague. In a highly technological age, this is extremely dangerous.

Epic Rant! :thumbsup:

JTecalo 11-18-2012 9:46 AM

forget the RO, demand a refund