Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Is this ok on a OLL? (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=644067)

tiger222 11-14-2012 8:29 AM

Is this ok on a OLL?

To the wise ones of the board:

http://www.lawtactical.com/

I know its GTG on a RAW, but the question is legality on a OLL
does it fall under the "unfireable" section like the folding keltec?
On a 20" bbl its fine, but on a 16" the OAL is under 30.

thanks

Arkangel 11-14-2012 8:38 AM

If it is capable of being fired when the stock is folded and its under 30" in OAL, then it' s a NO go.

However if it can't be fired when the stock is folded then you should be g2g.

bonesurf 11-14-2012 8:39 AM

Looks ok to me regardless because I don't think you can use gun with stock folded. Well...maybe you could take one shot with the one in the tube but the bolt would go flying out back wouldn't it? You would have to have one in the chamber and then fold? I'm thinking it might be ok

Baboosh 11-14-2012 8:59 AM

I don't think the gun can be fired because the buffer tube is basically removed from the rear.

Rukus 11-14-2012 9:00 AM

Looks to me like a no go. You could have one in the chamber, fold the stock and let 'er rip. Unless their bolt extension piece somehow doesn't allow the bolt to chamber when the stock is folded. Granted it would be unsafe as hell and may ruin your weapon/hands/face but rules is rules. Under 30" = No go.

0351USMC 11-14-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baboosh (Post 9721175)
I don't think the gun can be fired because the buffer tube is basically removed from the rear.

yes,it can be fired without buffer tube or buffer

strongpoint 11-14-2012 11:26 AM

if it won't cycle with the stock folded, then it's not really semiautomatic at that point, is it? it can't be an AW if it's not semiauto ...

tiger222 11-14-2012 1:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strongpoint (Post 9721976)
if it won't cycle with the stock folded, then it's not really semiautomatic at that point, is it? it can't be an AW if it's not semiauto ...

I think you are correct, it is a bolt action at that point, a bolt action under 30" but over 26" is good iirc. still going to test on my raw 1st.

thx all.

XDshooter 11-14-2012 2:18 PM

From the site:

Quote:

*** The Law Tactical Folding Stock Adaptor is not intended to be fired when folded***

bonesurf 11-16-2012 6:17 AM

so.....any input? It sounds like the gun "could" be fired when in the folded position, albeit you may ruin the gun and/or injure yourself (you could put one in the chamber, charge and then fold the stock and be able to shoot one round), but at that point 1) it's not a semi auto...it's a single shot and 2) as previously stated you may destroy weapon and/or injure self (ie not intended or safe to shoot in this manner). So...grey zone? or no go?

rrr70 11-16-2012 6:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XDshooter (Post 9723018)
From the site:

Edit. Looks like you still can fire one shot if round chambered.

bonesurf 11-16-2012 6:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger222 (Post 9722585)
I think you are correct, it is a bolt action at that point, a bolt action under 30" but over 26" is good iirc. still going to test on my raw 1st.

thx all.

it's not even a bolt action. Once the stock is folded you can't load it. The bolt can't slide back once folded. The hinge has a "stop" that keeps the bolt from falling out when folded. That stop retracts when the stock is unfolded, but when the thing is folded the bolt is locked in place as far as I can tell. I guess it's a bolt action in that you would unfold the stock and then rack the bolt. Course you are assuming you didn't break something or injure yourself when you fired the gun with the stock folded