Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   CGSSA Northern California Chapters (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=287)
-   -   Best gun store in Laf/WC? (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=642620)

MIAMIbaseballer 11-10-2012 3:49 PM

Best gun store in Laf/WC?

Where's the best place to buy handguns/ammo/etc near Lafayette/Walnut creek area?

Thanks

MIAMIbaseballer 11-11-2012 1:55 PM

Anyone?

G-Man WC 11-11-2012 6:59 PM

Since no gun stores exist in Walnut Creek or Lafayette anymore:

City Arms - Pleasant Hill on Golf Club Rd.
USI Range House - Concord
Big-5 - Walnut Creek / Concord
are your best bets.
Why not buy in Sac where you live? Lot's of gun stores in the valley.
I'm always looking for a square ammo deal in my travels. You can never
have to much ammo! ;)
Good luck. -g

Gaspasser100 11-11-2012 7:05 PM

Hi, I have bought a fair amount from Yan @ City Arms East. Their prices are pretty good and have a very good selection of handguns and some rifles and shotguns.

In terms of ammo, Canyon Sports prices are very competitive. They are up in Martinez, not too far off from I-680. They have a huge selection of shotguns, rifles, and pistols. I know they have a so so reputation, but I haven't had a problem with them. Just know the general prices of the gun you want

Dooligan 11-12-2012 12:39 PM

Uhhh another for City Arms...

But a HUGE vote AGAINST spending a dollar at Canyon. Please, do your research before you consider dealing with them.

MIAMIbaseballer 11-13-2012 4:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Man WC (Post 9705184)
Since no gun stores exist in Walnut Creek or Lafayette anymore:

City Arms - Pleasant Hill on Golf Club Rd.
USI Range House - Concord
Big-5 - Walnut Creek / Concord
are your best bets.
Why not buy in Sac where you live? Lot's of gun stores in the valley.
I'm always looking for a square ammo deal in my travels. You can never
have to much ammo! ;)
Good luck. -g

I live in Miami.... I'm looking for a place near my girl in Lafayette so she doesn't have to drive to Sac. Thanks for the stores, I'll give them a call.

MIAMIbaseballer 11-13-2012 4:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaspasser100 (Post 9705226)
Hi, I have bought a fair amount from Yan @ City Arms East. Their prices are pretty good and have a very good selection of handguns and some rifles and shotguns.

In terms of ammo, Canyon Sports prices are very competitive. They are up in Martinez, not too far off from I-680. They have a huge selection of shotguns, rifles, and pistols. I know they have a so so reputation, but I haven't had a problem with them. Just know the general prices of the gun you want

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dooligan (Post 9709275)
Uhhh another for City Arms...

But a HUGE vote AGAINST spending a dollar at Canyon. Please, do your research before you consider dealing with them.

Thanks guys. Whats the deal with Canyon?

Ric 11-25-2012 8:52 PM

Go to city arms, they have friendly staff, and will take care of you.
I tried to go to canyon sports to look at a cz75.
I had cash in my pocket, but the guy behind the counter wouldn't let me break it down.
When I told him I heard that the reviews on this gun were great, but people had a hard time breaking it down. He told me " that's cause people are ****ing idiots" needless to say I walked out without the cz.

3cHunter 12-01-2012 7:11 PM

there's also Antioch Armory in Antioch...