Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Sacramento Chapter (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=289)
-   -   Sac C3 Monthly Shoot archives (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=634992)

Lazyme 10-20-2012 4:29 AM

Sac C3 Monthly Shoot (Nov/Dec); December 8th - DONE

Saturday 12/08 at Sacramento Valley Shooting Center – Rifle Ranges @ 10:00 a.m. (Range closes at 6 p.m).

Please wear your Calguns gear, we are here to represent!

Check this place out - lots for the public to do and even more if you are a member! http://sacvalley.org/images/range_map_large.jpg

WHAT: The shoot will follow the informal order of "Meet, Shoot, Eat". The "eat" portion this event will have to be snacks that you bring to keep your tummy calm until you get a real meal in you. I will be here all day trying to get as much range time in as possible.

We’ll have some handouts, some stickers and other goodies for sale.

HOW MUCH: Rifle and Pistol range fees, all day, $ 3 for members, $14 for non-members

WHERE: Please, sign in with the C3s first. We’ll be at the picnic tables between the office and the pond. This is where you will check in and receive a name tag so we can all identify each other and put a face to the screen name.

Once you’ve checked in with us, for handguns or for rifles, go to the Range Office and sign in. Fees are for the full day, you’ll be given a wristband. There are no reservations. There is usually good availability at 9 am sharp.

When you get on the range, look for the CalGuns Banner or one of the C3s in the bright orange hats and Calguns shirt. We will try making ourselves as visible as possible. If you see a Calguns logo stop an say hi, we all seem to be friendly people!

WHAT IF IT RAINS? : Generally, rain or shine. But subscribe to this thread and check it before you load your guns and go.

Sacramento Valley Shooting Center http://www.sacvalley.org/
15501 Meiss Road,
Sloughhouse, CA 95683 Phone; 916-354-96683
NOTE: The Center is located approximately 15 miles Southeast of the city of Sacramento. Do not use car based GPS or Internet/electronic maps for directions to the range as they often have you entering from Dillard Road. Meiss from Dillard is an unpaved, nearly impassible rock road. Use Ione Road to approach Meiss Road.

Competition
No formal competitions this time, just fun. Tell us what kind of competitions you’d like and we’ll try to make it happen in future.

Guns Allowed At range:
Handguns - common handgun calibers up to 50 yards!
Rifles - up to 300 yards for the public!
Shotguns – HD shotguns are allowed in the area in front of the Range Office. Coordinate with the staff and they will give you an older target stand to destroy. (Trap/Skeet/Clays are not at this range.)

Safety: There are cease fires every 15 minutes. Eye and hearing protection are mandatory for anyone on the range. Please be aware that all firearms on the public range MUST use an empty chamber indicator during cease fire periods. Bring your own or buy one at the office for a nominal fee.

Reminder: - When you're there, your actions represent the entire Calguns community. We should always take responsibility for our actions, and treat their facility with the utmost respect.

Hope to see you there!
Tim

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Sorry for not being more decisive with the date and place, life is crazy some times but it looks like I will have more spare time for the next few months. Lots of stuff happening with Calguns here in Sacramento!! Keep an eye out for what is going on over the next few months, we need your input and time to make Sacramento a shooters paradise!!

Also, there is much interest in doing a Lincoln monthly shoot. I would personally like to start this as a second monthly shoot in addition to the Sac Valley event but we need a few more volunteers to help out.

Everyone is busy during the holidays, so over the next few months put some thought into how much time you can donate or how you can contribute to helping get people out of the house and to the range!

spetsnaz 10-20-2012 7:01 AM

What do you guys want to do? Outdoors? Private Range,Sac Valley?

gunace89 10-20-2012 3:39 PM

Im always down for outdoors, but we dont know what the weather will be like.

Lazyme 10-20-2012 7:21 PM

It will probably be 80* outside with a slight breeze. Plenty of birds who should have flown south by now singing beautiful songs. You know, the normal September...what us with the weather?!?!?

gunace89 10-21-2012 12:42 PM

I dont even know, atleast today seems like a normal October, dont even know about November lol

BonnieB 10-21-2012 1:38 PM

People are asking for a shoot in Lincoln, not sure if the Lincoln Rifle Club or Coon Creek is better. I haven't been there but I'm good with going to the Lincoln area.

Anything with covered shooting will work for me.

savannah 10-21-2012 2:00 PM

I think you will find that many will be traveling home from visiting family that weekend. December 1st weekend may be more attended. Just an observation. Carry on!!!

BonnieB 10-21-2012 2:03 PM

Savannah makes a good point. The weekend preceding Thanksgiving won't be much better.

Do the weekend of Dec 1 for November and the weekend of Dec 29 for Dec? Or maybe New Year's Day, if anything is open?

savannah 10-21-2012 2:08 PM

Ooooooooh. New Years blow things up!!!!!!!!!!

gunace89 10-21-2012 3:57 PM

Yeah, the original date might be cutting it close to Thanksgiving for some. Any of the other dates id think would work. Id be down for the Lincoln Rifle Club. Coon Creek is a Trap/Skeet/Sporting Clays range that I frequent often. If thats what people want to do, its a good place, I know the owner.

savannah 10-21-2012 4:23 PM

I am a member at Dillman Range (aka Lincoln Rifle Range). I would also be down for Coon Creek in Lincoln.

Lazyme 10-22-2012 7:17 PM

Sac C3 Monthly Shoot archives

Saturday 10/27 at Sacramento Valley Shooting Center – Handgun and Rifle Ranges @ 9:00 a.m. (Range closes at 6 p.m).

Check this place out - lots for the public to do and even more if you are a member! http://sacvalley.org/images/range_map_large.jpg

WHAT: The shoot will follow the informal order of "Meet, Shoot, Eat". The "eat" portion this month will be at the El Gallo Bar and Grill, Rancho Murieta, on the patio if possible, starting at 12:30.

We’ll have some handouts, some stickers and other goodies.

HOW MUCH: Rifle and Pistol range fees, all day, $ 3 for members, $14 for non-members

WHERE: We’ll meet at the picnic tables between the office and the pond. This is where you will check in, and tell us if you’ll join us for lunch. Once you’ve checked in with us, for handguns or for rifles, go to the Range Office and sign in. Fees are for the full day, you’ll be given a wristband. There are no reservations. There is usually good availability at 9 am sharp. When you get on the range, look for the CalGuns Banner.

WHAT IF IT RAINS? : Generally, rain or shine. But subscribe to this thread and check it before you load your guns and go.

Sacramento Valley Shooting Center http://www.sacvalley.org/
15501 Meiss Road,
Sloughhouse, CA 95683 Phone; 916-354-96683
NOTE: The Center is located approximately 15 miles Southeast of the city of Sacramento. DO NOT use car based GPS or Internet/electronic maps for directions to the range as they often have you entering from Dillard Road. Meiss from Dillard is an unpaved, nearly impassible rock road. Use Ione Road to approach Meiss Road.

Address for El Gallo Bar and Grill:
El Gallo Bar and Grill
7277 Lone Pine Dr #C (Rancho Murieta Plaza, behind the Post Office in the back)
Rancho Murieta, CA 95683 Phone 916 354 8729
http://www.citycheers.com/templates/....php?vid=62025

Competition
No formal competitions this time, just fun. Tell us what kind of competitions you’d like and we’ll try to make it happen in future.

Guns Allowed At range:
Handguns - common handgun calibers up to 50 yards!
Rifles - up to 300 yards for the public! (must qualify on the 100 yard range first)
Shotguns – HD shotguns are allowed in the area in front of the Range Office. Coordinate with the staff and they will give you an older target stand to destroy. (Trap/Skeet/Clays are not at this range.)

Safety: There are cease fires every 15 minutes. Eye and hearing protection are mandatory for anyone on the range. Please be aware that all firearms on the public range MUST use an empty chamber indicator during cease fire periods. Bring your own or buy one at the office for a nominal fee.

Reminder: - When you're there, your actions represent the entire Calguns community. We should always take responsibility for our actions, and treat their facility with the utmost respect.

Hope to see you there!
Tim

Lazyme 10-22-2012 7:22 PM

Confirmed -

1. Lazyme - maybe a few people from work
2. BonnieB
3. Cranemech
4. zdogg7200
5. ElDub1950 *organizing small "private" swap meet
6. bloodhawke83
7. 9mmepiphany
8. roushstage2
9. badandy
10. ShooterDK
11. 10xhobby
12. pdq_wizzard
13. Vulture

Might stop by & say hi -

1. NotEnufGarage

10xhobby 10-22-2012 8:17 PM

Hey Tim, please add me to the list. I will be bringing mostly handguns 22 32 45. sounds like fun, maybe we can shoot the rimfire match. thanks Steve

Lazyme 10-22-2012 8:29 PM

Got ya, thanks!

cranemech 10-22-2012 9:36 PM

I'll be there

9mmepiphany 10-22-2012 10:38 PM

Well, I guess I won't have to go and zero the .22lr before the weekend ;)

I'll bring out my S&W M&P9 if anyone would like to see what one feels like with the Apex Tactical trigger parts

akoba 10-22-2012 10:41 PM

Tim, i'll pass on this one. Sorry :(
Oct. 27th is my daughter's birthday. We already have plan for the weekend. Thank you for the invite. I'll try next time.

Mullins 10-22-2012 11:03 PM

Thanks for the invite.

I will try to make it, but if not I will have to meet up with who I can at The Gun Range (off watt), I will plan a meet there after my next payday!

pdq_wizzard 10-23-2012 6:07 AM

I should be there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

demo40 10-23-2012 6:22 AM

zombie run on saturday , keep me in the loop .
thanks

savannah 10-23-2012 6:24 AM

I can't make it.

10xhobby 10-23-2012 7:22 AM

Would any one like to try out different handguns ? I have a few that I can bring out. Let me know.

oldsw20 10-23-2012 12:03 PM

Sorry I can't make it to this one. Going to the build party that day. But there is always a next time. Thanks.

ShooterDK 10-23-2012 12:20 PM

Tim,

Slight clarification on the public rifle range. To shoot on the 300 yard range you have to "qualify" and it's quite simple...

Basically you shoot on the 100 yard range and if your on paper with reasonable groupings you show target to the office and they issue a 'qual" card saying you can shoot on the 300 side.

Dave

BonnieB 10-23-2012 5:59 PM

THE NOVEMBER MONTHLY SHOOT - IT'S DECEMBER 1

THE "NOVEMBER" MONTHLY SHOOT WILL BE ON SATURDAY DECEMBER 1, to accomodate people's Thanksgiving holiday travel situation.

timmytoast916 10-24-2012 10:39 AM

Won't be able to make it. I'll be.in Washington for a work safety training meeting. Next month though I'll be there!

hammerhands32 10-24-2012 11:56 AM

I am going to try and make it

Lazyme 10-24-2012 2:33 PM

We have someone in Auburn looking to Carpool...any takers?

ShooterDK 10-24-2012 7:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10xhobby (Post 9572720)
Would any one like to try out different handguns ? I have a few that I can bring out. Let me know.

Whatch' bringin'? :)

10xhobby 10-24-2012 8:07 PM

S&W 22a target scoped
Colt 22lr auto open sights
Benelli MP95 Atlanta 32 S&W long
S&W Model 41 22lr scoped
Kimber Classic Custom Target 45 acp
Ruger Security Six 357
of course Browning Buckmark Silhouette
If you want to shoot any of these just bring some extra ammo

NotEnufGarage 10-25-2012 2:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonnieB (Post 9576626)
THE "NOVEMBER" MONTHLY SHOOT WILL BE ON SATURDAY DECEMBER 1, to accomodate people's Thanksgiving holiday travel situation.

I won't be able to make it. I have another commitment that day.

Lazyme 10-25-2012 5:03 AM

:drool5:

This gunna be fun

10xhobby 10-25-2012 7:17 AM

do you think 3 1/2 hours will be enough time ??????? haha

Lazyme 10-25-2012 7:32 AM

I will be there @ 8:00...and Bonnie is going back after lunch if you need a more of a fix. :D

Also...we got some CGN goodies to give away...shhhh...dont tell nobody.

ElDub1950 10-25-2012 9:36 AM

Hadn't heard of Coon Creek, so I looked it up. It appears to only for trap and skeet .. is that correct? That might eliminate a lot of people if it is.

I'll vote for Lincoln .. always nice to visit a new range.

10xhobby 10-25-2012 10:08 AM

well then maybe I will bring some rifles for after lunch

Lazyme 10-26-2012 2:47 PM

0% chance of rain
winds coming from the north @ 8MPH
51% Humidity
81* high temp

See you all tomorrow morning!!

roushstage2 10-26-2012 3:07 PM

See you in the morning! Oh, we still doing a little rimfire match?

Bobula 10-26-2012 3:11 PM

Stuck working a 12 tonight. Can't make it. Hopefully next time since I'm a member out there now!