Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Technology and Internet (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Assassin's Creed 3 *just beat it* (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=628705)

fighterpilot562 10-06-2012 1:05 PM

Assassin's Creed 3 *just beat it*
 
Well I just paid off my pre-order for the game, I cant wait to get ahold of it and beat it. When I get a good game, I wont stop playing in my free time till I beat it. And so far, everyone AC game I have played, I beat fast as possible, and this one looks really good. It releases Oct 30. Anyone getting it.(I got all the games on PS3)

Rombot 10-06-2012 7:59 PM

I would get it right away, but I still need to get and beat AC: Revelations.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown comes out Tuesday, so that's kind of a priority :)

fighterpilot562 10-06-2012 8:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rombot (Post 9468109)
I would get it right away, but I still need to get and beat AC: Revelations.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown comes out Tuesday, so that's kind of a priority :)

I think I beat it in a week and a half haha.

goodlookin1 10-06-2012 8:24 PM

Revelations was funky. All the characters looked different. Desmond looked black! Also, it was rendered differently or something because it needed some serious anti-aliasing or something. Jagged edges throughout the game. It needed a light blurring or something. And (SPOILER ALERT) come on.....killing off the only hot chick in the game? Really, what were they thinking? LOL.

Still good, but definitely my least favorite of the series so far.

fighterpilot562 10-06-2012 8:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodlookin1 (Post 9468263)
Revelations was funky. All the characters looked different. Desmond looked black! Also, it was rendered differently or something because it needed some serious anti-aliasing or something. Jagged edges throughout the game. It needed a light blurring or something. And (SPOILER ALERT) come on.....killing off the only hot chick in the game? Really, what were they thinking? LOL.

Still good, but definitely my least favorite of the series so far.

Well I am just excited cause they will be in the US Rev, might be harder though with everyone having guns(i know the last ones did but not that many guards).
I got a big list of already released games and games not out yet I want.... Buying guns got in the way of that haha

roushstage2 10-07-2012 12:49 AM

Last time I had to split time between what, Revelations and MW3? This time it's going to be AC3 and Halo 4. Yeah, I'm getting the limited/special edition! Mainly getting it for the flag that comes with it.

mosinnagantm9130 10-07-2012 1:41 AM

I've got it pre-ordered but I still need to buy and beat revelations first. So far AC2 was my favorite of the series.

fighterpilot562 10-07-2012 7:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roushstage2 (Post 9469110)
Last time I had to split time between what, Revelations and MW3? This time it's going to be AC3 and Halo 4. Yeah, I'm getting the limited/special edition! Mainly getting it for the flag that comes with it.

Very nice! I wont be splitting, I have done that before it sucks cause you wanna beat them both fast.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mosinnagantm9130 (Post 9469170)
I've got it pre-ordered but I still need to buy and beat revelations first. So far AC2 was my favorite of the series.

Well get on it buddy ! :D

Baconator 10-07-2012 3:28 PM

I think I'm going to get this. It's my first AC game, is it an open ended game? Or do you have to do stuff in certain order.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

fighterpilot562 10-07-2012 5:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconator (Post 9471820)
I think I'm going to get this. It's my first AC game, is it an open ended game? Or do you have to do stuff in certain order.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It is a freerome game, and have side missions, but you do have a "main mission" that has a certain order you will follow. I suggest playing from game 1 though. Things will make more sense.(game 1 really repetitive, fight through it and beat it, and game 2 really improves it and it will be worth it)

Baconator 10-07-2012 5:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fighterpilot562 (Post 9472317)
It is a freerome game, and have side missions, but you do have a "main mission" that has a certain order you will follow. I suggest playing from game 1 though. Things will make more sense.(game 1 really repetitive, fight through it and beat it, and game 2 really improves it and it will be worth it)

probably find them cheap used, huh?

Eldraque 10-07-2012 5:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodlookin1 (Post 9468263)
Revelations was funky. All the characters looked different. Desmond looked black! Also, it was rendered differently or something because it needed some serious anti-aliasing or something. Jagged edges throughout the game. It needed a light blurring or something. And (SPOILER ALERT) come on.....killing off the only hot chick in the game? Really, what were they thinking? LOL.

Still good, but definitely my least favorite of the series so far.

dude. Sofia is a hotty idk wat ur smoking

gundad 10-07-2012 7:46 PM

Definitely doing AC3 but may wait till black friday hoping for a sale.

gundad 10-07-2012 7:46 PM

I posted the same thing twice for some reason.

mosinnagantm9130 10-08-2012 2:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconator (Post 9472348)
probably find them cheap used, huh?

The last I checked AC1 was around $8, AC2 was about $18. Not sure what brotherhood and revelations are going for though.

Yeah, you really should play them in order. It's a cool series, but they can be confusing even when you play them in order.

fighterpilot562 10-08-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconator (Post 9472348)
probably find them cheap used, huh?

Yes you can, the first two should be cheap at least.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eldraque (Post 9472373)
dude. Sofia is a hotty idk wat ur smoking

Its a game ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gundad (Post 9473312)
Definitely doing AC3 but may wait till black friday hoping for a sale.

I cant wait that long, ill prob have a beat by then. Depends how long they made the game

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosinnagantm9130 (Post 9474646)
The last I checked AC1 was around $8, AC2 was about $18. Not sure what brotherhood and revelations are going for though.

Yeah, you really should play them in order. It's a cool series, but they can be confusing even when you play them in order.

Ya, i might need to replay them all back to back to back when done with 3

Baconator 10-08-2012 11:36 AM

Went and got it. $13.99 @ game stop

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

fighterpilot562 10-08-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconator (Post 9476435)
Went and got it. $13.99 @ game stop

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The first one? It is really repetitive just so you know. Just deal with it and beat it, when you get the 2nd game it really improves

Baconator 10-08-2012 1:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fighterpilot562 (Post 9476714)
The first one? It is really repetitive just so you know. Just deal with it and beat it, when you get the 2nd game it really improves

Yeah

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

fighterpilot562 10-08-2012 2:20 PM

PS3 or 360?

mosinnagantm9130 10-08-2012 2:41 PM

I liked the first game, but I agree it did get a little repetitive. The story is the most important thing in that game, even if the gameplay is a little repetitive.

Don't forget to explore a bit as desmond. There is more to do in those 2-3 rooms than you might think.

AC2 was a big improvement.

fighterpilot562 10-08-2012 2:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosinnagantm9130 (Post 9477734)
I liked the first game, but I agree it did get a little repetitive. The story is the most important thing in that game, even if the gameplay is a little repetitive.

Don't forget to explore a bit as desmond. There is more to do in those 2-3 rooms than you might think.

AC2 was a big improvement.

I only explored the rooms a bit


*****spoiler******8 I hated the castle defense mini game they had(i forget which game, two games back i think) when you had to position your troops to protect your buildings.

DVLDOC 10-08-2012 2:49 PM

I pre ordered AC3 as well but have not played the 1st and 2nd AC. Going to gamestop today and see if I can find the older games for cheap

Baconator 10-08-2012 3:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fighterpilot562 (Post 9477567)
PS3 or 360?

Went to get it for ps3 but they only had #2and another one for ps3

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

fighterpilot562 10-08-2012 4:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVLDOC (Post 9477783)
I pre ordered AC3 as well but have not played the 1st and 2nd AC. Going to gamestop today and see if I can find the older games for cheap

Very good.

roushstage2 10-08-2012 4:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fighterpilot562 (Post 9477752)
I only explored the rooms a bit


*****spoiler******8 I hated the castle defense mini game they had(i forget which game, two games back i think) when you had to position your troops to protect your buildings.

That's on Revelations. I've never played it more than I had to in order to beat the game. It's one of those things I have to work on. It's been some time since I've played Revelations, but I was last working on completing all of the guild stuff.

fighterpilot562 10-08-2012 4:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roushstage2 (Post 9478441)
That's on Revelations. I've never played it more than I had to in order to beat the game. It's one of those things I have to work on. It's been some time since I've played Revelations, but I was last working on completing all of the guild stuff.

Only 1 game I did 100%. That took forever

jacobs8891 10-10-2012 2:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fighterpilot562 (Post 9466321)
Well I just paid off my pre-order for the game, I cant wait to get ahold of it and beat it. When I get a good game, I wont stop playing in my free time till I beat it. And so far, everyone AC game I have played, I beat fast as possible, and this one looks really good. It releases Oct 30. Anyone getting it.(I got all the games on PS3)

well all the ac were supergood......my fv is ac:revelations

waiting eagerly for ac3

Eldraque 10-10-2012 2:26 AM

nothing is true...

sugi942 10-10-2012 8:08 AM

...everything is permitted.

I've been playing through Revelations. The most hilarious thing to me is hiring mercenaries and then go on a pick pocketing binge. I found out there is a body limit to the game (at least on the PC). NPCs stop appearing after an area collects about 50 bodies or so.

fighterpilot562 10-10-2012 1:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugi942 (Post 9488627)
...everything is permitted.

I've been playing through Revelations. The most hilarious thing to me is hiring mercenaries and then go on a pick pocketing binge. I found out there is a body limit to the game (at least on the PC). NPCs stop appearing after an area collects about 50 bodies or so.

I heard some where they really expanded that. i forgot how much more though.....

goodlookin1 10-10-2012 1:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eldraque (Post 9472373)
dude. Sofia is a hotty idk wat ur smoking

Ahh yes, she was hot. Good call. Forgot about her...

fighterpilot562 10-10-2012 2:06 PM

Anyone got predictions on how the game will end. Cause isnt this the last one?

DannyInSoCal 10-11-2012 1:32 PM

This may be the first video/computer game I buy -

It looks pretty kool...

fighterpilot562 10-11-2012 1:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyInSoCal (Post 9497384)
This may be the first video/computer game I buy -

It looks pretty kool...

It should be good. You should play from the first one and go in order. Hope you got a lot of spare time. these games are pretty long

fighterpilot562 11-03-2012 9:40 PM

Well i just beat the game. It was a alright game, i found it very glitchy and at times be annoying and frustrating. Maybe once they start sending out patches, maybe it will get better. I will start working on the side missions soon. I did enjoying the hunting though. That is pretty fun. But fighting someone with a musket is a pain.

SparkYZ 11-03-2012 10:03 PM

I just got it. I'm only about 14%....I'm still at 1755...when does the Revolution start in the game!? How many more hours must I play

fighterpilot562 11-04-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SparkYZ (Post 9649978)
I just got it. I'm only about 14%....I'm still at 1755...when does the Revolution start in the game!? How many more hours must I play

There are 12 sequences total for main mission. Plus a little something after. Don't worry about % because it also accounts for all side missions and everything else. After I beat the game I was at like 35% I did only a few side missions

Japedo 11-04-2012 1:06 AM

I've been a fan of the series, the combat system has been the weak link in all of them. After the first one, it was tightened up and smoothed out. Part 3 feels horrible (playing on xbox) I can't play it more than a few battle sequences and I have to turn it off. It's kinda a shame I was able to play the others for hours on end. I've been nothing short of frustrated with the buggy feel of it.

fighterpilot562 11-04-2012 1:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japedo (Post 9650510)
I've been a fan of the series, the combat system has been the weak link in all of them. After the first one, it was tightened up and smoothed out. Part 3 feels horrible (playing on xbox) I can't play it more than a few battle sequences and I have to turn it off. It's kinda a shame I was able to play the others for hours on end. I've been nothing short of frustrated with the buggy feel of it.

I totally agree with the combat part. It suck in this game. In the other games. When you countered. You actually countered with a move. This game when you counter. You just deflect attacks. The gameplay to cut scenes aren't smoothed at all. During missios. It seems the game works against you and tries to make you lose. Like your player won't run right away when you make him. Or horses act difficult during missions but not free Rome. During some missions they had strange glitches making it even harder to beat.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.