Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Ladies Forum (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   If you could (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=625950)

vision1214 09-29-2012 11:33 AM

If you could

Buy an AR rifle.....which one and why. I am so confused over all the AR's out there.....I have been looking at Windham AR.....does anyone have an opinion?

phdo 09-29-2012 11:57 AM

If it's your first, stick with the major brands i.e. LMT, Daniel Defense, DPMS, Stag, etc. You'll want their customer service if anything happens to your AR.

phdo 09-29-2012 12:19 PM

If it's your first, stick with the major brands i.e. LMT, Daniel Defense, DPMS, Stag, etc. You'll want their customer service if anything happens to your AR.

vision1214 09-29-2012 12:58 PM

Thank you Phdo - I checked on Windham and it is actually the people that made Bushmaster - Bushmaster was bought by Remington. The people that where fired after
Bushmaster was pruchased, reopend the warehouse and started making AR's under the name windham. Has a life time warrenty and the company is in Maine....the old Bushmaster warehouse.

I will check out the other brands you mentioned - I do appreciate it :)

phdo 09-29-2012 1:09 PM

What is your budget and for what purpose will it serve?

vision1214 09-29-2012 1:31 PM

$1,000 or less. Home defense and the government could ban them at anytime - hopefully not.

phdo 09-29-2012 4:34 PM

Shell out another $200 or so and get an LMT. Great customer service and they make awesome rifles. I speak from personal experience. They're worth the money. They don't offer lifetime warranty but they're more than willing to fix any problems you might encounter. Buy once, cry once..

vision1214 09-29-2012 5:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phdo (Post 9422358)
Shell out another $200 or so and get an LMT. Great customer service and they make awesome rifles. I speak from personal experience. They're worth the money. They don't offer lifetime warranty but they're more than willing to fix any problems you might encounter. Buy once, cry once..

LOL - love the last sentence - okay, I will look for an LMT - thank you so much!!!!

savannah 09-29-2012 6:28 PM

I saw the most tricked out Sig Sauer today. I would love to have that one. We own. S&W M&P and it is really fun. They are like tinker toys. You can change the uppers and barrel and shoot .223 or change it into a .22 or 50 Beowulf. Crazy fun.

vision1214 09-29-2012 6:33 PM

Savannah - I do love Sigs and yes some can be tricked out - love that about them. I have a Sig P226 Equinox - sassy looking gun ;)

BonnieB 10-01-2012 1:38 PM

Serious question. Can one of you ladies explain to me?

I just don't get the charm of the AR. I've never shot one, but the tactical-ness of them just doesn't appeal to me. What am I missing?

Atekhed 10-01-2012 2:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonnieB (Post 9433218)

I just don't get the charm of the AR. I've never shot one, but the tactical-ness of them just doesn't appeal to me. What am I missing?

Not a lady but I'll give you one answer, they are fun to shoot. Ammo is fairly cheap, recoil is negligible and they are easy to manage. They only have to be as "tactical" as you want it to be. :)

To the OP I would for your first AR, honestly look at the S&W M&P15 Sport. Great entry level AR, has a warranty and can usually be found under $700.

If you find you dont like it your not out a lot and can pretty much get your money back on it. I dont think you'll be doing that once you shoot one though. ;)

savannah 10-01-2012 2:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonnieB (Post 9433218)

I like the fact that you can change them to be whatever you want and they are just fun and sassy to shoot. They have a big ol bang without much bite. I just purchased a BMC gunfighter charging handle for ours. (no more struggling with it around the scope or broken nails) :) They are like tinker toys. Change a few parts and it is a whole new animal. Fun for long range shooting with a scope.

BonnieB 10-01-2012 2:41 PM

Next time we shoot, can I try it. Maybe hands-on, I'll figure it out.

savannah 10-01-2012 2:46 PM

Uhhhh. Yeh! You had to ask?

Yugo 10-01-2012 2:54 PM

80% lower
cmmg upper
rest of the money on ammo.

Unless you live on a property that is surrounded by "NOTHING" AR's are NOT a good home defense weapon because you will end up shooting WAY past your target. you want to protect your home buy a shotgun with double buck ammo.

newglockster 10-01-2012 2:57 PM

this maybe? great rifle! http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...e-package.html

savannah 10-01-2012 3:12 PM

If you want a sig then Hoffmyers has one for $900+ change. My son wanted it in the worst way!

vision1214 10-01-2012 4:38 PM

I did get to shoot one yesterday. Has a big boom with hardly any kick. Loved shooting it and must have one! Actually, I want one just in case the world goes crazy. I will be prepared. What great rifles and a hoot to shoot! Bonnie, you have to try one!

Sunday 10-28-2012 7:46 AM

This is a great link study up and the yellow is an important link.https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...=5&output=html