Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Ladies Forum (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Going to do the Nacho walk...well modified Nacho walk... (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=619250)

Bugguts 09-11-2012 2:29 PM

Going to do the Nacho walk...well modified Nacho walk...

So Friday I go in to take my target test and then to drop them off at the Sheriff's office. I won't actually do the Nacho walk since I don't shop at Walmart but I'll stop on the way home to buy some stuff to make nachos. LOL

:D

BonnieB 09-11-2012 6:36 PM

Sorry. Totally baffled by this post.

Bugguts 09-11-2012 6:48 PM

LOL I don't know how Nacho walk originated but the gist is that once you got you CCW, you go to Walmart and buy nachos at the snack bar and eat them in the store. Supposedly it is something that other CCW'ers will recognize as a fellow CCW'er. Walmart doesn't have snack bars anymore(usually just McD's) so you are supposed to buy tortilla chips and queso dip and eat it there. I don't shop at Walmart ever so I will be having nachos at home. LOL

BonnieB 09-12-2012 12:29 AM

Aha! Somewhat clearer now.

Anyway, congrats on closing in on the CCW. I'll be dancing the nacho walk in Feb, I think.

Wowee, with all these armed women in CA, it'll be the go-to place for men of real character!

movie zombie 09-12-2012 7:23 AM

i was equally puzzled re the nacho walk.....congrats on the CCW.

mitchg233 09-20-2012 2:42 PM

Nacho walk is the first time you carry legally.......as you eat your Walmart nachos everyone is watching you and knows you are packing. It is the baby step to losing your paranoia.

odysseus 09-20-2012 2:46 PM

That is weird, cause all my ccw people I know in Cali are not the type to be hanging out a walmart looking to see if another ccw'er does a "nacho walk". I find this all amusing, but strange a the same time. LOL :D

BTW - Congrats!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugguts (Post 9309647)
LOL I don't know how Nacho walk originated but the gist is that once you got you CCW, you go to Walmart and buy nachos at the snack bar and eat them in the store. Supposedly it is something that other CCW'ers will recognize as a fellow CCW'er. Walmart doesn't have snack bars anymore(usually just McD's) so you are supposed to buy tortilla chips and queso dip and eat it there. I don't shop at Walmart ever so I will be having nachos at home. LOL

troysland 09-20-2012 2:49 PM

Donde estan los Nachos, mang!

winnre 09-20-2012 3:01 PM

Someone check with the Doritos company to see if they will help push Shall Issue!

Bugguts 09-20-2012 3:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odysseus (Post 9364825)
That is weird, cause all my ccw people I know in Cali are not the type to be hanging out a walmart looking to see if another ccw'er does a "nacho walk". I find this all amusing, but strange a the same time. LOL :D

BTW - Congrats!

LOL I know! My nephew in KY was so proud of his Nacho walk in KY that he asked my husband if he had done the Nacho walk and Bill was like "Why in the Hell would I do that?" LMAO Californians think differently. Then again, my nephew also laughs at our 10rd mag limitation. Punk!

BonnieB 09-20-2012 5:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troysland (Post 9364843)
Donde estan los Nachos, mang!

Thanks Troy, that was a great video. I get the idea, and will definitely try to find nachos in our local Wally when the time comes.

movie zombie 09-20-2012 6:26 PM

hate wally world.

Bugguts 09-20-2012 9:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by movie zombie (Post 9365997)
hate wally world.

Me too! I haven't been to a WalMart in probably 7yrs? I'm a Target gal!

movie zombie 09-20-2012 10:18 PM

my last foray into a walmart was in 1999 in austin.

AUstate 09-20-2012 11:24 PM

I have heard this mentioned in conversation before and I just nodded my head and acted like I knew what was being said!!!

Thank you Bugguts for explaing this. I didn't want to have to ask, and then have my CalGun cool points lowered anymore!

Haha, wish I could be doing the Nacho dance soon. Patiently waiting for LA County....

Nachoman 09-22-2012 5:57 PM

Did someone say Nacho?

Bugguts 09-22-2012 6:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AUstate (Post 9367741)
I have heard this mentioned in conversation before and I just nodded my head and acted like I knew what was being said!!!

Thank you Bugguts for explaing this. I didn't want to have to ask, and then have my CalGun cool points lowered anymore!

Haha, wish I could be doing the Nacho dance soon. Patiently waiting for LA County....

Since I've heard about the struggles to get a CCW in LA County, I am hoping you have the patience of Job. LOL Good luck!

Bugguts 09-22-2012 6:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachoman (Post 9377485)
Did someone say Nacho?

Why yes, yes I did! May 22, 2012 and hopefully this coming week I will get my card, so 4mos, start to finish? And then I am going to ebay and buy me a super cool, totally useless CCW badge! LMAO! No, I am not going to do that, I promise!