Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Curio & Relic Gallery (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   C&R Mossbergs? (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=617111)

Hammertime 09-05-2012 8:52 PM

C&R Mossbergs?
 
Just seeing what else there is out there as far as these things go. Fellow Calgunner sold me this 1948 Mossberg 146b-a and I slapped a 6-24x44 on it and did some work at 50 yd a couple of days ago. Not bad for a C&R.



http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...y/_MG_1121.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...y/_MG_1122.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...y/_MG_1123.jpg
Didn't even bother trying to hold a ruler up next to this grouping. That'll do, pig.

aqua_scummm 09-21-2012 2:43 PM

I love old Mossbergs, especially with that almost-pistol-grip style.

I in fact just made an offer on an old Mossberg 151 at a local shop that needs some TLC

ccandgc 10-17-2012 7:01 AM

I love old Mossbergs. They are very accurate. There is a great Mossberg forum over at RFC.

VegasND 10-17-2012 4:18 PM

Very nice rifle. These old Mossbergs have a reputation for shooting well.

I bought my first Mossberg a few weeks ago, a 151m-b. It's picky about ammo but it's very very accurate. I enjoy shooting it.
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps153b52de.jpg
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammertime (Post 9273451)
Just seeing what else there is out there as far as these things go. Fellow Calgunner sold me this 1948 Mossberg 146b-a and I slapped a 6-24x44 on it and did some work at 50 yd a couple of days ago. Not bad for a C&R.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...y/_MG_1121.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...y/_MG_1122.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...y/_MG_1123.jpg
Didn't even bother trying to hold a ruler up next to this grouping. That'll do, pig.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aqua_scummm (Post 9370854)
I love old Mossbergs, especially with that almost-pistol-grip style.

I in fact just made an offer on an old Mossberg 151 at a local shop that needs some TLC


CSACANNONEER 10-17-2012 4:22 PM

Not bad for a C&R? Come on, old Mossbergs are known for their precision. Next time, try a few different types of "match grade" or high quality ammo. I'm betting it will do even better. My 42A and my 44US are both tack drivers. I'll take an old $200 Mossberg over a new $300 .22lr rifle any day.

Eat Dirt 10-17-2012 4:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER (Post 9537197)
I'm betting it will do even better. My 42A and my 44US are both tack drivers. I'll take an old $200 Mossberg over a new $300 .22lr rifle any day.

I'll Second That !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DannyInSoCal 10-17-2012 5:13 PM

I picked up a Winchester 77 mag fed -

Cloverleafs at 50 yards -

And only cost about $0.80 to shoot it....

:43:

Hammertime 10-25-2012 7:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER (Post 9537197)
Not bad for a C&R? Come on, old Mossbergs are known for their precision. Next time, try a few different types of "match grade" or high quality ammo. I'm betting it will do even better. My 42A and my 44US are both tack drivers. I'll take an old $200 Mossberg over a new $300 .22lr rifle any day.

I've had luck with the bulk Federal 36g and Blazer 40g ammo. What do you recommend?

Tried CCI mini mags through it and my groups opened up to about an inch and a half at 50!

John Browning 11-03-2012 5:18 PM

Mossberg lead lapped their barrels in the 40s. Today, only custom shops still do that.

My 44US is a tack driver. I should have bought 100 of them.

Rule .308 11-03-2012 6:03 PM

I got bit by the Old Mossy 22 bug a few years ago and still have 5 or 6 of them, they are great rifles and have and old school classic beauty to them.

Hammertime 02-22-2013 8:10 PM

Just got a new Simmons Whitetail Classic 6-20x50mm for this beast. It is now complete.

Still shoots like the first pics in the thread.

Total cost for the build:

Mossberg 146b-a: $200
Versipod bipod: $120
Simmons Whitetail 6-20x50mm: $120
Slap on beer koozie (for cheek weld! works great!): $free
total: $440
1/4" groupings at 50 yards: priceless.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...pse51ba60e.jpg



http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...ps0352a9dc.jpg



http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...psd75ff5e2.jpg



http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...ps59d32551.jpg

454kahuna 02-25-2013 7:23 PM

m152
 
1 Attachment(s)
Here is a mossberg m152, given to me by my grandfather

Flyin Brian 02-26-2013 10:05 AM

Here's my 44US:
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...llejo014-1.jpg

MrExel17 03-22-2013 1:10 PM

Looks awesome!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.