Calguns.net

Calguns.net (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php)
-   Primary Arms (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   New PA reticule!! (PA ACSS 5.56/5.45) (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=615765)

PrimaryArms 09-02-2012 4:57 PM

New PA reticule!! (PA ACSS 5.56/5.45)
 
2 Attachment(s)
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f..._EXPLAINED.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...er/RETICLE.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/18/qy9abamu.jpg

Group shot at 600 and 700 yards using M193 55gr FMJ group was almost 6" with one direct hit on the 3" target!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/27/u3ugyqes.jpg

PA set up
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/10/uby4ene3.jpg

600 yards M193

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/13/ze5ahevu.jpg
This is a sneak peek of our new (PA ACSS-5.56/5.45) that is now in production and expected in a few months featuring our revolutionary reticle (PA ACSS5.56/5.45)combining BDC,wind,range estimation and leads.

Dimitri

Patent pending

BigAssWhiteBoy 09-02-2012 5:44 PM

That thing looks sick!!! How does the range estimation work? What measurements is it set for?

PrimaryArms 09-02-2012 5:47 PM

The circle open end and cross hair is set for 18" (avg center mass) the vertical scale on the right is set for 5'10" (avg target height)

Dimitri

Mikelarry 09-02-2012 6:57 PM

Wow that's great! Down to the wind!
When is it coming?

FMJBT 09-02-2012 7:24 PM

Please tell me this will be available in something with greater than 4X magnification..... Great design BTW. Put it into something like a 2-8X or 2.5-10X variable and it would be a perfect DMR optic. I'm looking for glass to put on an SPR, this looks interesting.

ham66 09-02-2012 7:30 PM

Sweet Just what I'm looking for can't wait to get one or two before the prices go up like everything else🔫🔫🔫

PrimaryArms 09-02-2012 7:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMJBT (Post 9252968)
Please tell me this will be available in something with greater than 4X magnification..... Great design BTW. Put it into something like a 2-8X or 2.5-10X variable and it would be a perfect DMR optic. I'm looking for glass to put on an SPR, this looks interesting.

It will be available in a fixed 5x and variables 1x6 and others


Dimitri

Mikelarry 09-02-2012 7:44 PM

What are the dots for?

PrimaryArms 09-02-2012 9:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikelarry (Post 9253098)
What are the dots for?

They are leads set for average target speed
it's an old sniper lead to cover streets or alley ways.

Dimitri

BigAssWhiteBoy 09-02-2012 9:56 PM

Oh! They did their homework on this one I see! So you can range a "target" if it's facing you or not. I like that. Now, one more question. What round is the BDC set for? I usually shoot a 55gr. Will it line up right?

PrimaryArms 09-03-2012 5:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAssWhiteBoy (Post 9254021)
Oh! They did their homework on this one I see! So you can range a "target" if it's facing you or not. I like that. Now, one more question. What round is the BDC set for? I usually shoot a 55gr. Will it line up right?

Being able to range the target in different angles is key! Not to mention wind, knowing the wind is just as crucial
It's never always going to be a calm day and your target will be in all angles.

Yes it's set for both M193 and M855 we will provide instructions on how to dial in using both ammo and different barrel lengths 14.5-20"

Dimitri

itisagoodname 09-03-2012 7:07 AM

I want this! Excellent, excellent work!

Any target date?

Mikelarry 09-03-2012 7:18 AM

What scope body?

C.W.M.V. 09-03-2012 7:29 AM

Very cool.
Too bad all my rifles are 7.62x39.

FMJBT 09-03-2012 8:35 AM

Any chance of getting this reticle shoe-horned into a 2-12X32 tube similar to the Yukon 2-12 FFP?

PrimaryArms 09-03-2012 8:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.W.M.V. (Post 9255243)
Very cool.
Too bad all my rifles are 7.62x39.

Lol we have a 7.62x39 version in the works as well

PrimaryArms 09-03-2012 8:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikelarry (Post 9255196)
What scope body?

Our 5x looks like our 3x but slightly bigger the others coming I can't say yet

Dimitri

PrimaryArms 09-03-2012 8:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itisagoodname (Post 9255136)
I want this! Excellent, excellent work!

Any target date?

We are few months out Nov-Jan

PrimaryArms 09-03-2012 8:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMJBT (Post 9255568)
Any chance of getting this reticle shoe-horned into a 2-12X32 tube similar to the Yukon 2-12 FFP?

We were thinking 4x14 FFP we plan on having it in various scopes

Dimitri

itisagoodname 09-03-2012 8:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimaryArms (Post 9255606)
Our 5x looks like our 3x but slightly bigger the others coming I can't say yet

Dimitri

I just bought the 3x about an hour ago. Will this adapt to a carry handle as well?

May have to upgrade and throw the 3x on a pistol.

Mikelarry 09-03-2012 8:54 AM

[QUOTE=Mikelarry;9255664]

I love my 3x

marsh1 09-03-2012 9:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itisagoodname (Post 9255650)
I just bought the 3x about an hour ago. Will this adapt to a carry handle as well?

May have to upgrade and throw the 3x on a pistol.

The base comes off the 3X and it is perfect for a carry handle. The base is even drilled so you can use your iron sights.

C.W.M.V. 09-03-2012 9:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimaryArms (Post 9255575)
Lol we have a 7.62x39 version in the works as well

Oh I was so hoping you would say that!
Sorry if I missed it but ideas in a retail price?

marsh1 09-03-2012 9:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.W.M.V. (Post 9255737)
Oh I was so hoping you would say that!
Sorry if I missed it but ideas in a retail price?

We hope to have it in at least one scope by the end of the year. Too soon for exact details and pricing.

Mikelarry 09-04-2012 7:29 AM

What scope will you put out first?

FMJBT 09-04-2012 8:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimaryArms (Post 9255649)
We were thinking 4x14 FFP we plan on having it in various scopes

Dimitri

My only concern with a 4-14X version would be that you might end up losing the 800 and possibly 700 yard holdover marks out of the field of view when at max magnification. Also, it may end up being kind of heavy as most 4-14X FFP scopes currently available are well above 20 ounces. IMHO, this reticle design in something lighter and more compact than a full sized FFP scope, but still having more magnification than an ACOG (Max power of 8-10X) would be IDEAL.

PrimaryArms 09-04-2012 9:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikelarry (Post 9261319)
What scope will you put out first?

We are looking at 6x straight through and a prism 5x that will follow.

Dimitri

PrimaryArms 09-04-2012 9:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMJBT (Post 9261613)
My only concern with a 4-14X version would be that you might end up losing the 800 and possibly 700 yard holdover marks out of the field of view when at max magnification. Also, it may end up being kind of heavy as most 4-14X FFP scopes currently available are well above 20 ounces. IMHO, this reticle design in something lighter and more compact than a full sized FFP scope, but still having more magnification than an ACOG (Max power of 8-10X) would be IDEAL.

We have not decided yet thank you for your suggestions.

I can tell you guys as the designer of the reticle when we tested it performed better then expected at 700 yards I could keep all 5 rounds rapid fire (m193)on a 18"x36" target even in windy conditions. The ranging portion is dead on and we were able to confirm with range finder.

Dimitri

MrPlink 09-04-2012 4:08 PM

The attached photo of the ret is illuminated amber, is this true of expected production models also?

Fwiw, I would prefer red or green.

PrimaryArms 09-04-2012 5:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPlink (Post 9264604)
The attached photo of the ret is illuminated amber, is this true of expected production models also?

Fwiw, I would prefer red or green.

It illuminated red in the pic it just looks off because the camera. I also made sure that it has a super low setting so when in low light there is no glare and high for day

HK35 09-10-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimaryArms (Post 9252150)

Dimitri,

Ed Verdugo has US patents (US Pat. Nos. 7,100,320 & 7,434,345) on this type of reticle so I'm assuming you are working with him on this?

marsh1 09-10-2012 5:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HK35 (Post 9299795)
Dimitri,

Ed Verdugo has US patents (US Pat. Nos. 7,100,320 & 7,434,345) on this type of reticle so I'm assuming you are working with him on this?

I am familiar with that reticule. Many companies use a similar "style". The specifics of ours is patent pending and does not violate any patent.

Marshall

HK35 09-11-2012 8:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsh1 (Post 9302338)
I am familiar with that reticule. Many companies use a similar "style". The specifics of ours is patent pending and does not violate any patent.

Marshall

Sir:

I haven't looked into the patent claims closely but just because others are using a similar pattern does not mean they are not infringing on those patents or that your pattern, as a whole, is patentable does not mean you have FTO. So I would get a written FTO Opinion from your counsel to make sure.

Just my 2c!

BTW, when are your micro RDSs coming back in stock?

Mikelarry 09-11-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HK35 (Post 9299795)
Dimitri,

Ed Verdugo has US patents (US Pat. Nos. 7,100,320 & 7,434,345) on this type of reticle so I'm assuming you are working with him on this?

They look nothing a like!

BigAssWhiteBoy 09-16-2012 10:51 AM

I read the claims and there is no patent violation that I can see. I think we can all agree the PA reticle is in a league of its own

CHOPCHOP 09-19-2012 4:23 PM

Looks nice! Cant wait for the 5x

PrimaryArms 09-19-2012 9:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP (Post 9358764)
Looks nice! Cant wait for the 5x

Will not be long!

C.W.M.V. 09-30-2012 2:18 PM

Ive got a 7.62x39 upper on the way and need an optic!
help me out here!:D

PrimaryArms 09-30-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.W.M.V. (Post 9427132)
Ive got a 7.62x39 upper on the way and need an optic!
help me out here!:D

The 7.62x39 will follow

Dimitri

JackRydden224 10-02-2012 5:24 PM

If this is going to work with the Russian 5.45 mount may I suggest a package with the scope and mount for the AK people?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.